24. Reece James

the wes

It would be good to brimg the lad in. Get shot of Zappa. Move Dave over to CB next to Rudi.

Reece is HG too so would be a big help there.

Profiling Chelsea’s rising young star Reece James

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/chelsea/profiling-chelseas-rising-young-star-reece-james

Reece-James.jpg

7 hours ago, the wes said:

Crystal Palace willing to pay £10m for Chelsea's Reece James

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/03/11/do-report-crystal-palace-willing-to-pay-10m-for-brighton-target/

Do one palace 

straight swap, Wan-Bissaka for James (they will never do that atm)

done and dusted

(I can hear the screams now, lol)

I am a huge Reece fan btw, but Wan-Bissaka is the best young defensive fullback I have seen in many a year

even better, offer them Azpi for Wan-Bissaka

THAT would make me do a happy dance

AWB has potentially Kante-level game disruptive qualities

insane pace, and is a ball magnet

2nd leading tackler in all Europe atm

fe585dbbf72306c2e6ba2c834ec5a2b4.png

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

Reece was shredded v Blackburn tonight

wifey had the game on secondary satellite

said he looked terrible

worst game in ages

Nyambe, Graham, Bennett, and Dack tore him apart:(

b3460c0f93a4f07cbdfda92cd8082d1c.png

Why did he have a bad game? I really don't know enough about him.

He looks like a big lad in his photos but hes a short arse. 5'9" and 82kg.

Is he fast?

9 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Why did he have a bad game? I really don't know enough about him.

He looks like a big lad in his photos but hes a short arse. 5'9" and 82kg.

Is he fast?

He is 180cm (5-11), 82kg. So not that short for a RB. Not huge though. Fairly pacy.

He had a bad night in defence and passing. 

Here are some past highlights. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

He is 180cm (5-11), 82kg. So not that short for a RB. Not huge though. Fairly pacy.

He had a bad night in defence and passing. 

Here are some past highlights. 

I would be very dissapointed if he's not in the squad for next season especially if we get hit with this transfer ban 

Just now, the wes said:

I would be very dissapointed if he's not in the squad for next season especially if we get hit with this transfer ban 

Beyond that, I am so hoping he is a part-time starter.

I am going to chalk off last night's game, as it was the only time he has really struggled in any game Linnea has watched (she is far more into the Championship than I am, she is a big QPR fan (AFTER Chels, lol), as her brothers are into them since she was a baby).

Give this lad a chance next season. Look how TAA has thrived at Liverpool since being promoted as their first choice RB.  Reece James could follow in same steps, only if we give him chance. Technically, he is like TAA too. Both have excellent deliveries, are two of the best crossers around and both can hit a stunning free kick. He will surprise people. 

2 minutes ago, Stats said:

Give this lad a chance next season. Look how TAA has thrived at Liverpool since being promoted as their first choice RB.  Reece James could follow in same steps, only if we give him chance. Technically, he is like TAA too. Both have excellent deliveries, are two of the best crossers around and both can hit a stunning free kick. He will surprise people. 

shit bruv, can we recall him NOW (only half kidding)

I think he is a potential monster

1 hour ago, Stats said:

I agree with that apart from delivery, that's actually been a big weakness of his especially this season. Some of his crosses today would have made Ivanovic wince.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I agree with that apart from delivery, that's actually been a big weakness of his especially this season. Some of his crosses today would have made Ivanovic wince.

The worry is that many of our first team players are performing so poorly at present, the hype for our youngsters coming in and being blooded during the ban could reach fever pitch and we'll end up with people expecting Reece James to come in and play like Cafu.

He has huge upside but he is also still very young and very raw, with a number of things to improve on. But he needs the experience and we need to freshen up our squad and options.

If he and some others were given the right platform and manager for a season, I think we would come out the other side far better for it with potentially 3 or 4 players proving good enough for this Chelsea squad, possibly the team to be added to Christensen, RLC and CHO. 

One step backwards could lead to two or three steps forwards. It just depends if the board are prepared to take that step backwards.