test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the wes

Reece James

Started by the wes,

92 posts in this topic

Reece was shredded v Blackburn tonight

wifey had the game on secondary satellite

said he looked terrible

worst game in ages

Nyambe, Graham, Bennett, and Dack tore him apart:(

b3460c0f93a4f07cbdfda92cd8082d1c.png

Unionjack likes this

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

Reece was shredded v Blackburn tonight

wifey had the game on secondary satellite

said he looked terrible

worst game in ages

Nyambe, Graham, Bennett, and Dack tore him apart:(

b3460c0f93a4f07cbdfda92cd8082d1c.png

Why did he have a bad game? I really don't know enough about him.

He looks like a big lad in his photos but hes a short arse. 5'9" and 82kg.

Is he fast?

9 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Why did he have a bad game? I really don't know enough about him.

He looks like a big lad in his photos but hes a short arse. 5'9" and 82kg.

Is he fast?

He is 180cm (5-11), 82kg. So not that short for a RB. Not huge though. Fairly pacy.

He had a bad night in defence and passing. 

Here are some past highlights. 

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

He is 180cm (5-11), 82kg. So not that short for a RB. Not huge though. Fairly pacy.

He had a bad night in defence and passing. 

Here are some past highlights. 

I would be very dissapointed if he's not in the squad for next season especially if we get hit with this transfer ban 

Vesper likes this

Just now, the wes said:

I would be very dissapointed if he's not in the squad for next season especially if we get hit with this transfer ban 

Beyond that, I am so hoping he is a part-time starter.

I am going to chalk off last night's game, as it was the only time he has really struggled in any game Linnea has watched (she is far more into the Championship than I am, she is a big QPR fan (AFTER Chels, lol), as her brothers are into them since she was a baby).

Give this lad a chance next season. Look how TAA has thrived at Liverpool since being promoted as their first choice RB.  Reece James could follow in same steps, only if we give him chance. Technically, he is like TAA too. Both have excellent deliveries, are two of the best crossers around and both can hit a stunning free kick. He will surprise people. 

Vesper likes this

2 minutes ago, Stats said:

Give this lad a chance next season. Look how TAA has thrived at Liverpool since being promoted as their first choice RB.  Reece James could follow in same steps, only if we give him chance. Technically, he is like TAA too. Both have excellent deliveries, are two of the best crossers around and both can hit a stunning free kick. He will surprise people. 

shit bruv, can we recall him NOW (only half kidding)

I think he is a potential monster

Stats likes this

1 hour ago, Stats said:

I agree with that apart from delivery, that's actually been a big weakness of his especially this season. Some of his crosses today would have made Ivanovic wince.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I agree with that apart from delivery, that's actually been a big weakness of his especially this season. Some of his crosses today would have made Ivanovic wince.

The worry is that many of our first team players are performing so poorly at present, the hype for our youngsters coming in and being blooded during the ban could reach fever pitch and we'll end up with people expecting Reece James to come in and play like Cafu.

He has huge upside but he is also still very young and very raw, with a number of things to improve on. But he needs the experience and we need to freshen up our squad and options.

If he and some others were given the right platform and manager for a season, I think we would come out the other side far better for it with potentially 3 or 4 players proving good enough for this Chelsea squad, possibly the team to be added to Christensen, RLC and CHO. 

One step backwards could lead to two or three steps forwards. It just depends if the board are prepared to take that step backwards.

4 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The worry is that many of our first team players are performing so poorly at present, the hype for our youngsters coming in and being blooded during the ban could reach fever pitch and we'll end up with people expecting Reece James to come in and play like Cafu.

He has huge upside but he is also still very young and very raw, with a number of things to improve on. But he needs the experience and we need to freshen up our squad and options.

If he and some others were given the right platform and manager for a season, I think we would come out the other side far better for it with potentially 3 or 4 players proving good enough for this Chelsea squad, possibly the team to be added to Christensen, RLC and CHO. 

One step backwards could lead to two or three steps forwards. It just depends if the board are prepared to take that step backwards.

Cafu probably isn't the best example. James turns 20 next mid-season, same age as Cafu became full time starter, and at 21 and 22 he led São Paulo to back-to-back Copa Libertadores and World Club championships (called the Intercontinental Cup back then), and at 23 was named South American Footballer of the Year.

According to Sarri, CHO wont even start to be a top player until he is around 23, 24, so I assume for sure the same thing will be applied by him to James.

Good thing the old smoker never got his hands on Mbappe or Dembele. He would probably say Kylian was not legit because he was too young.

In the last rolling calendar year (vast majority as a teen), Mbappe has 50 goals and 32 assists for club and country, and a WC.

NOT comparing CHO or Reece to Mbappe talent-wise btw, just making a point that one doesn't know what will happen with really talented youngsters until you actually give them a spin in league play (NO, 103 minutes out of 2610 possible with zero starts is not a spin)

As if CHO would have been worse than that dreadful, piss-poor Pedro performance today was. Hell, Eden was tosh too, whole starting team was shameful.

bakayokofan likes this

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

just making a point that one doesn't know what will happen with really talented youngsters until you actually give them a spin in league play

Bang on!!! 

Everyone who ends up in a top 6 club has to be talented, goes without saying ... but whether they turn up to be even playing in the first team let along be elites all depends on how much support the player receives in terms of game time specially during the transition from the youth team to the first team.