24. Reece James

the wes

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

I think he's already the best fullback at Chelsea

Would say theres hoping for him to do well and then putting far too expectation on him, this guy hasnt played a PL game. He looks ready to be a member of the squad for me yes but that comment is ludicrous, no offence mate.

The rest is up to him ultimately. 

Will he put in the work off the pitch? Gym sessions to meet the physical demands of the premier league. Technical sessions to improve his ability on the ball. All that's left for him is to have the right mentality. That is what separates him from being #1 on the team sheet next season. 

37 minutes ago, the wes said:

Manchester United have been keeping tabs on Chelsea full-back Reece James

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6948511/Manchester-United-tracking-15m-Chelsea-Reece-James.html

Fuck off utd 

Yeah, good luck with Ashley Young and Darmian :)

1 hour ago, nyikolajevics said:

Yeah, good luck with Ashley Young and Darmian :)

Darmian is going to Inter for £10m or so

just rejected a 4 year extension at Manure

heard on a podcast last week he does not like OGS

its the EPL

it is crazy hard league for really good players of a certain type of very tactical player to succeed in

especially Manure

look at Daley Blind

has been a monster now for Ajax (and it isnt just against weaker Dutch sides, he has been very very good in the CL)

EPL is like ice hockey versus other leagues' lacrosse

On 4/22/2019 at 5:14 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Would say theres hoping for him to do well and then putting far too expectation on him, this guy hasnt played a PL game. He looks ready to be a member of the squad for me yes but that comment is ludicrous, no offence mate.

It might be ludicrous, or it might be right. I think it's right, but I accept we don't agree about that. If I tone it done a bit and say that he's one of the best, who should be a member of the squad next season, then maybe we can agree about that.

From Latics Speyk

Saturday at 2:05 AM
Reece, even at just 19 years old, is fully deserving of the armband. He's a very very special talent, the like of which only gets seen a handful of times in a generation. We'll never see him back at Latics. That's just life, and as much as I'm gutted about it, it's just reality. Hate to say it, but Reece James is better than Wigan Athletic, and I say that advisedly after 20 plus years supporting the club. Frankly, it's been a privilege and an honour to see him play for us this season. He's not just a future England player, but a future England captain, without a shadow of a doubt. His talent is beyond question, but his attitude, his mentality, his temperament... Second to none. 

Reece James is a football icon in the making, and I honestly feel honoured to have had the privilege of seeing him play this season.

Posted by The_Pom

8 hours ago, Vybz Kartel said:

I'm hoping he has the Trent impact, we need some pace in our defence 

Pace is not one of Reece's better attributes. He has pretty much everything else but not that. If you want pace at right back then Tariq Lamptey is your man. Tariq is technically excellent and absolutely lightening. Promlem is he's tiny. So tiny, he makes Jay Dasilva look tall. Whereas Jay is muscular however, Tariq is a feather.

Between natural growth, the protein diet he's no doubt following, and the gym work they must be putting him through, Tariq will beef up but his basic frame is what it is. For that reason, I fear Chelsea managers might hesitate to use him at full back. Maybe wing back would suit him better. Whatever happens, the kid can fly and he can dance past people. I feel sure he'll get a gig somewhere on the pitch, at some level of the professional game.

In the linked video, watch out for my favourite Chelsea goal of 2017/2018. Tariq intercepts well inside his own half, plays a ball up to the centre forward, puts on the burners to collect a return pass inside their area and bangs it in from just outside the six yard box. As the commentator says, "Wonderful goal."

1 hour ago, ja1 said:

I don’t think James is slow at all but not lightning quick, similar to TAA although James seems better at carrying the ball.

I agree. I didn't mean to make it appear that Reece is slow, just that he's not a speedster.

8 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

When was a one year loanee named captain of the team?

Thats superb achievement.

Marco van Ginkel (on a 1 year loan, after being there for 5 months before, it was his second loan spell there) was the PSV Eindhoven captain for the whole 2017-18 season. He led them to the 2017–18 Eredivisie title, and would have been sold to them perm (still may be) last summer had he not ripped up his knee.

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2019/2/7/18215029/marco-van-ginkel-making-progress-in-latest-injury-recovery-could-yet-feature-for-chelsea

176743757.jpg.0.jpg

On 26/04/2019 at 3:26 PM, OhForAGreavsie said:

It might be ludicrous, or it might be right. I think it's right, but I accept we don't agree about that. If I tone it done a bit and say that he's one of the best, who should be a member of the squad next season, then maybe we can agree about that.

I think he will be the best fullback we have next year, and if not next year, then surely the next (barring some monster transfer in 2020, such as Telles or Chillwell (both who may be gone by then), and tbh, IF he continues to improve, Reece in 2, 3, 4 years, should be a top 10 in world RB).

Azpi is being ground down right before our eyes with truly insane minutes (will have over 4750 if we go to the EL final, and those minutes do not include over 300 from extra time and the 30 minutes in the League cup final, so he will play over 5000!!! in reality).

Alonso and Emerson are both shite overall (I would still go with Emerson all day and all night over the turtle). Zappacosta hopefully is sold, what a waste of quid he was.

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

When was a one year loanee named captain of the team?

Thats superb achievement.

It was really meant as a tribute for his contribution to their Championship survival battle. It was also announced before the game that he would be subbed off a few minutes from the end so that he could receive an ovation from the DW. According to one post on Latics Speyk it was the loudest ovation ever accorded at Wigan. I can't judge of course but maybe the superatives with which Wigan fans are describing Reece and his accomplishments shouldn't really be taken absolutely literally. Maybe it's fans' way of saying that he's not just a really good footballer, but also a really likeable bloke who managed to get the fans 100% on his side.