test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 4-1 Cardiff

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   14 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Kepa
    • Azpilicueta
    • Luiz
    • Rudiger
    • Alonso
    • Jorginho
    • Kante
    • Kovacic
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    • Giroud
    • Willian (sub)
    • Barkley (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

135 posts in this topic
3 hours ago, Vesper said:

No, Burnley has at least 7 or 8 players I would take over anyone on Cardiff. Cardiff is the worst team talent-wise I have seen in the EPL in years. Arsenal is/was playing extremely poorly and still beat them. We should thrash them every time. They are the only EPL team I would say this about.

You say that now. Burnley at the start of last season lost Michael Keane and Andre Gray. Two big players. Majority of people had them rooted to go down, including myself. Tell me one player at the start of last season, who you would of rated talent wise from that team?  They lost key players and bought around 2 players from lower league clubs. 

Watched Cardiff against Arsenal and to be honest, we shouldn't have an issue. They struggled against Arsenal, well because it's Arsenal, but we shouldn't really have an issue here. Even if we put 2nd string team out there.

Unionjack likes this

2 hours ago, Stats said:

Tell me one player at the start of last season, who you would of rated talent wise from that team?  They lost key players and bought around 2 players from lower league clubs. 

Oki ( and because one of my best footie mates is a West Brom punter, we go over PL lesser talents ALL the time, especially last year, summer of 2017, when he was going insane over their fucked up owner's lack of spending)

Nick Pope

Ben Mee

James Tarkowski

Jack Cork

Jeff Hendrick

Robbie Brady

Georges-Kevin N'Koudou (on loan from Spuds)

Chris Wood

15 minutes ago, mccg said:

Neil Warnock set to spring a surprise on Chelsea this weekend to get his first victory

https://www.football.london/chelsea-fc/fixtures-results/chelsea-cardiff-warnock-sarri-victory-15143070

If that happens, abject panic will start to ooze in, especially if followed up by a second poor performance (away in the EL at PAOK Thessaloniki). I have seen this script before.

That said, I see almost zero chance of us dumping the 3 points, unless Bobby Reid, Josh Murphy, and Junior Hoilett all have MONSTER games. Nathaniel Mendez-Laing is out injured (knee) so I expected Hoilett to maybe start as an inverted RW, and he is pacey, so might give Alonso a bit of a go, but Reid has to deal with our MF, so should be in for a right proper bollocksing. Azpi can surely take out Murphy most of the time. They have the worst strikers in the league, and their CB's are for shit too.

mccg likes this

5 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Sarri saying that he has chosen his captain and that he wants to speak with the players and club first before announcing.

Who do you recon?

Theres arguments for 3 the way I see it.

Dave obviously.

Eden to hopefully spur him on like it has with Belgium. BUT I honestly dont see captaincy in him. Hes not vocal at all. If he wants to lead do it by example. The only way I could accept it is if he signed up.

And my choice Jorginho. Hes very vocal. He is forever directing players all over the pitch. And as hes the engine of the team it makes sense.

Cant see any outsiders.

Fulham Broadway likes this

Great XI. Hopefully we aren't too rusty and slow after the long break. Cardiff will surely be fresher and well prepared.

4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

One less liability. Big month ahead for Morata

The funny thing is hat  Giroud is not a good striker either. They are both shit in their own ways.

The funny thing is hat  Giroud is not a good striker either. They are both shit in their own ways.
At least one offers something regardless of how he's playing. Prime reason he starts for France

Just now, LAM09 said:
Just now, killer1257 said:

At least one offers something regardless of how he's playing. Prime reason he starts for France

It is kind of sad that he did not even score a goal or hit at least a shot at the target. Both Morata and Giroud are a huge downgrade to Costa. We needed years to recover the loss of Drogba and then Costa finally replaced him. Now, Costa´s gone and we need to find a world class striker again, especially if we want to get far in CL next season.