test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

post-match Southampton - Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   11 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Zappacosta
    • Azpilicueta
    • Christensen
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Giroud (sub)
    • Moses (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

139 posts in this topic
Just now, bigbluewillie said:

Yes! but he still goes down to easy, and then complaining.

To be fair, he's been doing far less of that in recent games.

Just now, bigbluewillie said:

imo he's not a chelsea type striker, we need a Jimi Floyd, a Drog, or even Diego, instead with Morata we've got Mary Poppins

We're never going to get away from having physical striker as the main striker, are we? :chai:

bluephoenix likes this

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

We're never going to get away from having physical striker as the main striker, are we? :chai:

Well no bud, I don't want to turn this into a Morata thread.

So can we agree to disagree:)

34 minutes ago, Jason said:

When you play with alone striker you need a physical striker tho 

bigbluewillie and Johnnyeye like this

6 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Yes! but he still goes down to easy, and then complaining.

imo he's not a chelsea type striker, we need a Jimi Floyd, a Drog, or even Diego, instead with Morata we've got Mary Poppins

You're telling me Drogba never went down easy?

If you told me Drogba was very clever with how he went down (i.e. choosing the fouls to 'dive' for) then I would agree

1 hour ago, Blue Armour said:

If you told me Drogba was very clever with how he went down (i.e. choosing the fouls to 'dive' for) then I would agree

Diego Costa did the same? 

4 hours ago, kobematabryant said:

Giroud is the best striker we have currently. End of. 

Which just goes to show how weak our squad really is at the moment. Giroud is a decent striker but in my book, he isn't good enough to be Chelsea's main hitman.

Johnnyeye and Strike like this

8 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

You're telling me Drogba never went down easy?

Yeah but the Drog always had a result at the end

6 hours ago, the wes said:

Diego Costa did the same? 

Yeah but like the Drog he got up and fought something Mary Poppins never does.

The 3 i've mentioned you could never question their passion for the cause.

3 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Yeah but the Drog always had a result at the end

In the first season? A bit debatable. Plus, Morata only has 2 goals and 2 assists less than Drogba's total tally in 2004/05 and there's still 6-7 games to go.

Well, it was nice to finally get back to winning ways against Southampton it wasn't looking good when went 2-0 down. Especially after dropping points against West Ham the previous week I actually felt that was coming as soon as chicharito came on. We haven't been very good defensively as of late and he has a good scoring record against us so I had a feeling that he was going to score against us.

Other than that it was nice to see that Tottenham and Arsenal lost. The former will keep our hopes of qualifying for the champions league alive and the latter has opened up another gap between us and Arsenal.

On 4/14/2018 at 11:05 PM, the wes said:

When you play with alone striker you need a physical striker tho 

Nah it is more if you are a lone striker for Conte. It comes down to what you want from your striker. 

It is hard to consider Gabriel Jesus or firmino to be exactly physical striker, but they are not asked to do much of holdup play

If TalkChelsea was around the time of Drogba's first season, he wouldn't have been slaughtered to the ground. Because then, even if he was crap on his first season we played great football. We were challenging for the league regardless.

There wouldn't be very harsh comments on Morata if we played better football. The whole team is shite, Morata is near the bottom pile of shite players we have (there's like 5 only worse then him).

Also for the last time, I'm bloody sick of people using the Drogba excuse again and again and again. It's tiring and it's been put to bed already. Drogba's story is a one-off. Crespo, Shevo and Torres is proof. Only Costa came close to being like Drogba, but he wasn't like Drogba. 

P.S - There's a reason why Giroud is called a 'super sub'. He's a plan B. When shit hits the fan, Giroud comes to the rescue. Giroud is never a plan A. And when people are saying Giroud is a better striker than Morata. that's saying something that Morata's beyond crap.

48 minutes ago, Mana said:

If TalkChelsea was around the time of Drogba's first season, he wouldn't have been slaughtered to the ground. Because then, even if he was crap on his first season we played great football. We were challenging for the league regardless.

When we drew 0-0 to Arsenal that season the phrase going round was "0-0 and Drogba got both"

Fernando likes this