Callum Hudson-Odoi

The Skipper

1 minute ago, Jason said:

So if he continues to perform badly in January, we can criticize him after that? Good to know.

Never said he is immune to critisism, it's the writing him off completely I'm finding hard to accept.

49 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Came close today for the winner, we have to be a little patient I guess but I think it will come good with him.

Not trying to give you a hard time here but is 'coming close' good enough for this club?  Age or not/injury or not he ain't performing at a £120k per week level if we're all being honest.  And he's gonna have an uphill battle with the fans after coming thru the Academy and then trying to force a move to Bayern.  To ultimately receive a fat new contract with little results to show for it.  I hope he does come good I really do but right now he's miles away. 

1 hour ago, Hamilton said:

Came close today for the winner, we have to be a little patient I guess but I think it will come good with him.

I remember Henry not being able to hit a barn door with a banjo early in his career at Arsenal.

At least CHO is now getting into the box and looking to be positive and having a go. Hopefully he'll get a goal soon which will be a big boost to his confidence, ease some of the pressuee and  help him relax a bit more.

Also.Why are CHO, Tammy, Mount, Tomori getting their fair share of stick while James seems to be getting away with being pretty shite?

3 minutes ago, chippy said:

I remember Henry not being able to hit a barn door with a banjo early in his career at Arsenal.

At least CHO is now getting into the box and looking to be positive and having a go. Hopefully he'll get a goal soon which will be a big boost to his confidence, ease some of the pressuee and  help him relax a bit more.

Also.Why are CHO, Tammy, Mount, Tomori getting their fair share of stick while James seems to be getting away with being pretty shite?

Yeah I'd be more worried if he wasn't getting into the areas, it's a lot easier to fix poor finishing than it is poor tactical brain and movement.

People compared him to Hazard at youth level but I get more Alexis vibes.

Not sure about the rules but CHO can still be used in the youth/reserve games right? Can't remember when the lads last played but surely it would have beneficial for him to play some games and regain his confidence etc? We have had to carry half a player in the squad while we are trying to get out of this rut. 
Sadly, Chelsea does not do that.
I remember a time where RLC was wasting his potential under Mou and I said in german Chelsea forums that RLC needs to get back playing Youth Matches or otherwise he will waste more of his time. He got loaned out eventually, but did not play Youth Football because he was a first Team Player. Don't like that.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Yeah I'd be more worried if he wasn't getting into the areas, it's a lot easier to fix poor finishing than it is poor tactical brain and movement.
People compared him to Hazard at youth level but I get more Alexis vibes.
Boga was the closest to Hazard at youth level. They have the exact same dribbling style. Only Boga is way faster, but does not have the same football IQ and Shooting Skills back in the day

On 01/01/2020 at 6:43 PM, Hamilton said:

Yes, in the long term picture I'm still positive CHO will be better than Mount and Abraham for us. 

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Yes, in the long term picture I'm still positive CHO will be better than Mount and Abraham for us. 

Not saying you are wrong at all, but you have far more faith that the rupture did not perma fuck him (or at least semi-wreck him until possibly as late as mid 2021 to early 2022 even) than I do.

Odds are better now at least than in the past, at least.

https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2019/07/29/bjsports-2019-100556

Results 118 athletes (mean age 27.2±7.2 years) were included. 113 (96%) returned to unrestricted practice after a mean of 199±53 days, with faster recovery in players involved in national teams. Return to competition was after a mean of 274±114 days. In the 76 athletes with at least two seasons of follow-up, 14 (18%) did not compete at the pre-injury level during the two seasons following the index injury. Six players (8%) sustained a re-rupture within the first two seasons after return to play; four re-ruptures were in footballers who returned to play <180 days after injury. Age >30 years and re-ruptures had higher odds ratios of not returning to the same level of play.

Conclusions 96% of professional male football players who underwent surgery to repair an ATR returned to unrestricted practice and then competition after an average time of 7 and 9 months, respectively. However, 18% did not return to the same level of play within the two seasons following their return, with a higher risk in those experiencing a re-rupture.

Nothing will come instantly with this group of young lads we have, there will be may ups and downs, both in results and performances.

That isn't a concern for me, what my concern is that we will quickly need to find a balance of signing top players but also keeping the current crop happy and in and around. It's either stand up and be counted with shoulders back or head sag and give up.

This side needs so much more quality to get back where we were, we need signings quickly in 3-4 areas.

51 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Not saying you are wrong at all, but you have far more faith that the rupture did not perma fuck him (or at least semi-wreck him until possibly as late as mid 2021 to early 2022 even) than I do.

Odds are better now at least than in the past, at least.

https://bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2019/07/29/bjsports-2019-100556

Results 118 athletes (mean age 27.2±7.2 years) were included. 113 (96%) returned to unrestricted practice after a mean of 199±53 days, with faster recovery in players involved in national teams. Return to competition was after a mean of 274±114 days. In the 76 athletes with at least two seasons of follow-up, 14 (18%) did not compete at the pre-injury level during the two seasons following the index injury. Six players (8%) sustained a re-rupture within the first two seasons after return to play; four re-ruptures were in footballers who returned to play <180 days after injury. Age >30 years and re-ruptures had higher odds ratios of not returning to the same level of play.

Conclusions 96% of professional male football players who underwent surgery to repair an ATR returned to unrestricted practice and then competition after an average time of 7 and 9 months, respectively. However, 18% did not return to the same level of play within the two seasons following their return, with a higher risk in those experiencing a re-rupture.

Can no longer tell if you're just really paranoid, worried or have given up on CHO at this point. :lol: 

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

Can no longer tell if you're just really paranoid, worried or have given up on CHO at this point. :lol: 

have not given up at all

but I have been worried since it happened (the original injury)

I think we brought him back too soon

really frustrating for him, the club, all of us :(

hopefully it works out

and next comes the same thing (worse? as the injury was worse) with RLC :(

devastating if both are bollocksed up for years

worse yet if we wait 2 or 3 years to realise this, IF that is indeed the case

those 2 lad's injures (and the fallout at all levels), plus LB and CF (the only 2 positions that MUST have immediate action or else we are fucked we simply cannot, cannot go forward with what we have now without disastrous outcomes galore, especially if Tammy, dog forbid, is injured), then finally what to do with Kante are the big, BIG five main questions for me we need to resolve

I am profoundly disappointed with Emerson (no clue why he has somehow become worse that fucking Alonso!, it is maddening), Alonso (unless he plays as a wingback, then he is still actually a weapon, which is why Conte wants him badly), Azpi (as a LB he is worse than the other two, somehow and as a RB is only good about one out of 4 games now) Barkley (waste of flesh, at a pure prime age and is a joke, even in personal life), Pedro, Bats (shit that we all, or most of us all knew was shit, at least here at Chels, he just doesn't fit in well here at all, another shit-shit Marina and board buy), and Giroud. Starting to get that way with Mount, but because he is young, (unlike all the dregs I just listed) I will cut him slack,. Finally, Kante's play has bloody well went into the bin lately, which is probably the biggest disappointment as well, as he was supposed to be our best player by miles and miles and most of us knew the rest listed were going to be shit (some just due to age and wear and tear, like Pedro and Azpi).

FWIW, a decent outing today for CHO. 1 goal and 1 assist. Also looked better on the right (along with James) than the left (cc @killer1257 :ph34r:).

That being said and pardon me for being a little harsh, his better performances have come against poor opposition, notably in the Europa League, League Cup, FA Cup and today was no different. Yet to fully convince against better teams. But baby steps, I guess...

CHO looked decent on the right again, especially with James at RB. (cc [mention=6611]killer1257[/mention])
At this rate, I wanna see Pulisic at LW and CHO at RW in full flow. Could well be glorious!
You will probably mark me everytime when CHO has a good game on the right side in this thread ^^

I hope CHO continues that way. Getting sharper and more confident