test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

20. Callum Hudson-Odoi

Started by The Skipper,

192 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Its amazing the lads already been with us 10 years. A

Thats why I think our academy teams win so much. Theyve been together since they were children. Know each others games inside out. Ans also think that MIGHT be why most dont progress to another level. Not being in their comfort zone anymore.

1 hour ago, Starman60 said:

A very good point. One which a lot of people probably haven't considered.

I think there is probably a different reason.

To start with all academies recruit players from the age of 6, with parents signing forms committing their youngsters to a club from age 8, so all teams have a big percentage of players who have grown up together. That means it's no advantage to us that our lads have too.

Further, our graduates have progressed. I know you mean at Chelsea but I think it's worth remembering that the promise of any school can only be that it will help students make the most of their talent. No school can turn me into Einstein, or Joey Barton into Lionel Messi. Cobham has done well for the kids passing through it. There are a lot of Cobham graduates making professional careers for themselves at all levels in this country and abroad.

If none have yet cemented a place in Chelsea's first XI, it's because none have been good enough but Cobham is working on it.

Starman60 likes this

7 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Its amazing the lads already been with us 10 years. A

Thats why I think our academy teams win so much. Theyve been together since they were children.

A little like a certain Barcelona team that made Europe look like a training facility.

Unionjack and Johnnyeye like this

By far the biggest game of his career coming up in 20 minutes. I really hope he uses this opportunity to show what he can do on a football pitch

Well more or less still our best attacker which does not mean much. But he was up vs the best rightback in the world and still beat him twice.

Stats likes this

Best attacker today no doubt, but curious game from him.

He was all over Bellerin in the Arsenal game, but seemed to flinch a bit against Walker as if he wasn't sure of his own ability to beat him. Very cautious about not putting a foot wrong.. He did beat him twice (as mentioned in the above post).

And again, have to remember this is still a 17 yr old we are talking about.

Shameful that we had to pin our hopes on him for this match...such is the quality of the surrounding players.

A brilliant performance again for a 17 year old, and can show us that if we have a shit or below average season, we can use it for an example for youth kids to set a stage. CHO, Bulka, both impressed and become possible squad options just from an exceptional preseason.

4 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Him and Ampadu are actually clear. Looks like they’ll be heavily involved... about time.

play Hudson odoi and Ampadu in Europa league group stage games 

kellzfresh and The Skipper like this

8 hours ago, the wes said:

I would play Hudson-Odoi in the league definitely. He is good enough. We just need to manage him correctly and ensure he does not get burned out.

the wes likes this

8 hours ago, the wes said:

Ampadu really looked great yesterday. Him and Christensen made better impression than our 1st? CB pair.. 

the wes likes this

3 hours ago, Stats said:

I would play Hudson-Odoi in the league definitely. He is good enough. We just need to manage him correctly and ensure he does not get burned out.

Definitely.. not in the starting XI though.