Ross Barkley

milllz

Disagree with that. I think Barkley is a lot more rounded because of the physical edge he has. Barkley's athleticism makes him a lot more rounded than Isco.

Isco wouldn't be able to perform Oscar's role efficiently, we'd be wasting his talents in that role. Barkley on the other hand fits in like a glove IMO.

Quick side note, you do know Isco best (and by far his most played) role is CAM yeah? How would be wasting his talents putting him in his best position?

Quick side note, you do know Isco best (and by far his most played) role is CAM yeah? How would be wasting his talents putting him in his best position?

Isco's best role is definitely the traditional CAM, but we at CFC don't play with the traditional CAM. Our CAM's main job isn't to be the side's main creative outlet. We require a different skill set from our number 10.

Isco's best role is definitely the traditional CAM, but we at CFC don't play with the traditional CAM. Our CAM's main job isn't to be the side's main creative outlet. We require a different skill set from our number 10.

But Isco is creative more than anything else? His passing is excellent. As long as he goes nowhere near high balls and doesn't try to cross (his main weaknesses) then he'll be fine.

But Isco is creative more than anything else? His passing is excellent. As long as he goes nowhere near high balls and doesn't try to cross (his main weaknesses) then he'll be fine.

He means what Isco could do without the ball. Our #10 needs to somewhat good at pressing and defending. If you just need a creative #10 then why bother with Isco, just push Cesc there and buy a midfielder instead. To have Isco in front of Cesc is useless imo, they have similar skillset. You would want a complementary player.

Possible options:

Get Pogba - move Cesc foward

Get Koke - move Cesc forward

Get Reus - straight swap with Oscar or deploy on LW and move Hazard in the middle

If he wasnt english no one would care...but we are in need for english players.

Thing is we need top homegrown talent, but no one is good enough to start for us. There will come decison to be made, either spend 30m for english who will play on bench (and maybe get himself in first 11 eventualy) or stay without any english starter in our team (unless we seriously count on our youth school) for next few years.

We really need to get more english players in the squad, with Terry gone in a season or two aswell we'll be left with only Cahill as real starter material. Even if we aim to get youngsters from the academy in to the XI, signing one of Barkley or Ward-Prowse in the next coming years would be necessary imo, aslong as they don't go for mega-crazy money.

We really need to get more english players in the squad, with Terry gone in a season or two aswell we'll be left with only Cahill as real starter material. Even if we aim to get youngsters from the academy in to the XI, signing one of Barkley or Ward-Prowse in the next coming years would be necessary imo, aslong as they don't go for mega-crazy money.

Actually I can see us having 3 first team english players before long.

In 2-3 years..

Courtois

Dave - Cahill - Zouma - Luis

Matic

Baker - Fabregas

Brown - Costa - Hazard

with Chalobah and Ake (not English though) somewhere there.

Mourinho, please don't waste these youth players, pleeeeeeease.

Actually I can see us having 3 first team english players before long.

In 2-3 years..

Courtois

Dave - Cahill - Zouma - Luis

Matic

Baker - Fabregas

Brown - Costa - Hazard

with Chalobah and Ake (not English though) somewhere there.

Mourinho, please don't waste these youth players, pleeeeeeease.

Baker maybe, but Brown I doubt very much. He has talent, but I doubt. Boga will probably get there sooner.

And if we ever sign another CAM/CM (if we sort english players) it should be Pjanic. That guy is simply outstanding player and one of best midfielders in the world. Maybe even Schneiderlin and play him in double pivot with Matic. Or Pogba...

Baker maybe, but Brown I doubt very much. He has talent, but I doubt. Boga will probably get there sooner.

And if we ever sign another CAM/CM (if we sort english players) it should be Pjanic. That guy is simply outstanding player and one of best midfielders in the world. Maybe even Schneiderlin and play him in double pivot with Matic. Or Pogba...

fuck, did i put brown? meant to put boga in there

I know Oscar hasn't lit the world on fire since he moved here except just showed flashes here and there but I feel we need to be more patient with him because his potential is so high. Just seems to struggle so much with consistency.

There is inconsistent, and there is having about 3 good games since January.

People talking about Oscar inconsistent in Barkley topic. The guy is 20 years old, played one season at top, about 30 games overall. There problems with english football starts I believe. The guy need at least another two seasons at Everton to be considered potential english star, but with desperation of top clubs to add english core, he will end at us or City for silly money in a season. And that will be huge gamble for both parties, and could end like another disappointment.

• 2 months later...

Anyone see Ross' performance against QPR in a deeper role? He was fantastic. Honestly would love him at the club, would give Oscar a massive run for his money.

If we were going to sign another midfielder it'd be him for me.

Anyone see Ross' performance against QPR in a deeper role? He was fantastic. Honestly would love him at the club, would give Oscar a massive run for his money.

If we were going to sign another midfielder it'd be him for me.

still think he's very different from Oscar as characteristics go.

I like Barkley very much, but they've played nobody today.

QPR stars Robert Green and Richard Dunne.... :cry: How do they play in the PL is beyond me...