test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

8. Ross Barkley

Started by Jason,

380 posts in this topic
4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Right...because no one else has ever lost the ball in those positions. Not even Kante, Kovacic or Jorginho!

My point is with Barkely it happens every time and in key games like last night those small margins are the difference between winning and losing a title. 

Just now, Vybz Kartel said:

My point is with Barkely it happens every time and in key games like last night those small margins are the difference between winning and losing a title. 

Yeah...and why haven't you gone to Kante's thread and rant about why he didn't close Sturridge down? 

El P. and Unionjack like this

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yeah...and why haven't you gone to Kante's thread and rant about why he didn't close Sturridge down? 

Because he didn't make the initial error plus it's uncharacteristic of him he usually plays well for us. Just yesterday he had 3/4 crucial interceptions. Ross Barkley on the other hand seems to gift the opponent a chance every game he plays. He called unintelligent by a lot of people from Everton and I'm starting to see why

Just now, Vybz Kartel said:

Because he didn't make the initial error plus it's uncharacteristic of him he usually plays well for us. Just yesterday he had 3/4 crucial interceptions. Ross Barkley on the other hand seems to gift the opponent a chance every game he plays. He called unintelligent by a lot of people from Everton and I'm starting to see why

A mistake is a mistake. Azpi has always done well for us and yet, I still see you criticize him in his thread.

11 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Has Ross Barkley’s chance at Chelsea already been and gone?

https://www.tifofootball.com/features/has-ross-barkleys-chance-at-chelsea-already-been-and-gone/

Good article apart from.the fact that it insists on calling Willy Caballero Simon Mignolet. I dont think you can pin Sturridges wonder goal on Barkley. In 99/100 that shot goes in the stands. We had enough players behind the ball.. Ut those weird turnovers in the cup game...truth be told Barkley had his opportunity and failed..i hope gets another one and uses it

Johnnyeye and Vesper like this

Not good enough in the attacking midfielder role. He lacks the raw talent for that position at this level. But he might prove useful as an alternative to Kante. The physical potential is definitely there. If he works on his fitness and stamina, but more importantly his tactical awareness and his ability to effectively use his body in duels. That's a big if though.

12 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Not good enough in the attacking midfielder role. He lacks the raw talent for that position at this level. But he might prove useful as an alternative to Kante. The physical potential is definitely there. If he works on his fitness and stamina, but more importantly his tactical awareness and his ability to effectively use his body in duels. That's a big if though.

I feel both Barkley and RLC should have 2-3 full seasons in some middle table clubs and then they would become very good players. 

But here under heavy pressure and no regular playtime, I can see them stagnate. They lack that decisive edge, consistency, end product and some mental strenght, all that will come from playing week in week out. 

13 hours ago, Tomo said:

Why is this thread so quiet? If RLC ever plays half as good as Ross did yesterday his thread would explode.

I want to see a starting MF of Barkley, Kovacic, and Jorginho. Kante needs a break and needs to learn his role better (if he can). Utterly average for me so far. I understand he can never play trad DMF destroyer role in Sarriball. He is best trad DMF in world. He is being wasted now. Might need to cash in this summer if he doesnt adapt and we keep Sarri for years.

I rate Barkley highly. He is a keeper. Still would like to see him take a crack at RW in a cup tie or EL game. Anything to get Willian on the bench if Pedro isnt playing.

bigbluewillie likes this

I agree with you totally.

On the Kante issue i'm very concerned, as a DMF you'd see always involved knows and loves the role, but as a right sided MF you hardly notice him, totally out of his depth.

ATM I think the MF 3 should be Jorginho Kovacic Barkley

With the way that Barkley is playing, do we try to buy Kovacic in the summer?

I know Kovacic is a step above, but is he a 50M step-up?

Considering: 

We need a ST (probably). 

We need a winger who will probably cost more than either Willian or Pedro.  Maybe 2, but everyone will cost less than Hazard anyway.

It may depend on Mount's progression.  It's a long way from the Championship to heavy rotation for a title contender.

Personally, I'd like to see, next season (assuming that Mount isn't ready yet).

Kovacic/Barkley                     Kante/RLC

Jorginho/Cesc or other DLP (I think Cesc is off)

Mount on loan to a PL or Bundesliga team (that play in a 433).

So, yes, I think Kovacic is worth the 50 or so, and Barkley is a great bench option to have.

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

With the way that Barkley is playing, do we try to buy Kovacic in the summer?

I know Kovacic is a step above, but is he a 50M step-up?

Considering: 

We need a ST (probably). 

We need a winger who will probably cost more than either Willian or Pedro.  Maybe 2, but everyone will cost less than Hazard anyway.

It may depend on Mount's progression.  It's a long way from the Championship to heavy rotation for a title contender.

Personally, I'd like to see, next season (assuming that Mount isn't ready yet).

Kovacic/Barkley                     Kante/RLC

Jorginho/Cesc or other DLP (I think Cesc is off)

Mount on loan to a PL or Bundesliga team (that play in a 433).

So, yes, I think Kovacic is worth the 50 or so, and Barkley is a great bench option to have.

The possibility of Hazard going has made Kovacic even more important to us. We could use him and isco as a bargaining chip if it comes to that. We will need all the quality we can get to replace someone of Hazard's caliber. 

Johnnyeye and Sideshow Luiz like this

7 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

The possibility of Hazard going has made Kovacic even more important to us. We could use him and isco as a bargaining chip if it comes to that. We will need all the quality we can get to replace someone of Hazard's caliber. 

I'm sorry but no way Real give us Isco and Kovacic. Get real. There is no chance we would get Isco alone never mind with Kovacic. Kovacic is much more realistic because it seems hes very much disillusioned with life at Real, rarely playing regularly in his time there, so he is the more ideal player to pursue. Although we can sign him without losing Hazard if he really likes his time here I think. Think 45-50M would do it really if hes keen to stay.