Andy Carroll

Unionjack

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

For months you have been patronizing me and other members (Jason, Styles, Ohforagreavsie and Peace to name a few) solely on the basis of us having different opinions to you.

You started lying now. My style might be a little harsh for thin skinned. I never reported anyone calling me names, insulting me etc. so I expect people to be thick skinned too.

None of those members you mentioned made personal attacks like you did. So you are again unique in a way.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Where the hell have the scouts who found Azpi, KDB and Courtois for peanuts gone? Even factoring inflation since then they would have had a field day with a £200m budget.

Said same thing myself mate. There was 2 or 3 seasons we were amazing. And peeps like Oscar,Schurrle,Luis,Salah might not have floated everyones boats then or maybe since but under diff managers/formations they coulda been very good.

8 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

You started lying now. My style might be a little harsh for thin skinned. I never reported anyone calling me names, insulting me etc. so I expect people to be thick skinned too.

None of those members called me things like git btw. So you are again unique in a way.

I have been on here since early 2011 and the closest i have ever come to reporting anyone was warning Steve about the influx of trolls around late 2013 time, and i only did that because i was concerned it would ruin the place long term, to which i was proven correct as this place is a ghost town compared to what it use to be.

42 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Where the hell have the scouts who found Azpi, KDB and Courtois for peanuts gone? Even factoring inflation since then they would have had a field day with a £200m budget.

Jose sold them because he didn't like them in training and they didn't track back enough.

Wow the players we are linked with and are interested is just mind boggling.

I mean we are constantly going after players who were much sort after but aren't anymore.

Torres, Pato, Falcao, Eto(he wasn't that  bad), now Carrol. Thank God for Ronaldhino retired maybe we would be going after him if he were still available.

9 hours ago, Pizy said:

Usually when you're after a "Plan B" striker it's because you want something much different than your primary guy. Morata is brilliant with his head so really Carroll offers nothing that he doesn't other than being more physical.

Target man is more than just being an accurate header of the ball. Have you noticed how easily Morata goes down or is outmuscled whenever he's in a physical battle? When he breaks free from his marker and gets an uncontested header he is one of the best around, sure, however hold-up play is below par from what's expected from a proper target man. I guess the idea is to have better ball retention when we need to play hoof-ball and Morata isn't cutting it. I get it, the idea is fine, but this guy... I would somewhat understand if it was a loan deal until the end of the season, not much harm done in this case, but the rumoured permanent transfer is just a no no.

11 hours ago, Pizy said:

And isn't he currently injured as well?

Yes Bud

And thats what we do now.

Sign "sicknotes" and they have to be injured already.

This is total fucking lunacy.

I'M SHOUTING THIS, CARROL DON'T YOU DARE SIGN FOR THIS CLUB, JUST FUCK OFF.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

I agree £200m should have been more than sufficient to refresh our squad. When you consider Christensen came back from his loan spell and we arguably could have kept a couple of others like Zouma, Abraham and RLC to fill out the squad, we realistically could have spent that money on 3, maybe 4 top players to significantly improve the starting XI.

However the board do still have a lot to answer for with regards to strategy. In hindsight bringing Mourinho back was arguably the most damaging thing the club could have done in the long term.

We were in a transition phase but had brought so many young, quality players whilst the likes of Cech, Lampard, Terry, Ivanovic and Cole still had a year or two left at the top level to help bridge a changeover.

So many of these players were exciting young players, and even purchases like Cahill for £7m were clever and considered. We had the makings of an attacking, expansive and youthful side but the last thing we needed was the right manager for this. I believe the backlash over Benitez made the club panic and go for Mourinho. I'm not his biggest fan but I can only imagine what someone like Klopp could have done with the squad we had at that time. When you think of the players that Mourinho discarded - Bertrand, Luiz, De Bruyne, Mata, Lukaku, the list goes on. 

When Mourinho was sacked it left us with a squad that had no structure, no long term plan.

Then Conte comes in with a completely different system and style of play which was fresh and re-invigorated the club. But he was putting square pegs in round holes to do so, and because the club hasn't got 'all-in' with him to get the players that will suit his system best, we're heading towards the same position we were in when Mourinho was sacked 2 years ago which is a squad lacking a true identity.

57 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I agree £200m should have been more than sufficient to refresh our squad. When you consider Christensen came back from his loan spell and we arguably could have kept a couple of others like Zouma, Abraham and RLC to fill out the squad, we realistically could have spent that money on 3, maybe 4 top players to significantly improve the starting XI.

However the board do still have a lot to answer for with regards to strategy. In hindsight bringing Mourinho back was arguably the most damaging thing the club could have done in the long term.

We were in a transition phase but had brought so many young, quality players whilst the likes of Cech, Lampard, Terry, Ivanovic and Cole still had a year or two left at the top level to help bridge a changeover.

So many of these players were exciting young players, and even purchases like Cahill for £7m were clever and considered. We had the makings of an attacking, expansive and youthful side but the last thing we needed was the right manager for this. I believe the backlash over Benitez made the club panic and go for Mourinho. I'm not his biggest fan but I can only imagine what someone like Klopp could have done with the squad we had at that time. When you think of the players that Mourinho discarded - Bertrand, Luiz, De Bruyne, Mata, Lukaku, the list goes on. 

When Mourinho was sacked it left us with a squad that had no structure, no long term plan.

Then Conte comes in with a completely different system and style of play which was fresh and re-invigorated the club. But he was putting square pegs in round holes to do so, and because the club hasn't got 'all-in' with him to get the players that will suit his system best, we're heading towards the same position we were in when Mourinho was sacked 2 years ago which is a squad lacking a true identity.

Quality post. Mourinho had us all believe he would play attacking and exciting football befit to the type of signings we were making, he stressed that several times in the beginning and I believe he had the board fooled too. He might have even fooled himself into believing he can do it, but in the end it was clear he didn't have what it takes, and for his last ~1,5 years we were in conservative survival mode every game that posed a bit of danger. In the beginning we did play some nice stuff truth be told, but this was your typical honeymoon period that deceived us further and everything changed after that 5-3 game with Tottenham. He convinced the club that the likes of KDB and Salah weren't good enough for us (Lukaku still isn't, I'll leave him out of this one).

Some of the sales we made because of him drastically changed the face of our future, the future that was supposed to be NOW, but isn't...

They have a point... 

Some from daily mail.. 

Oh please let this be true, I would be glad to see the back of Carroll who has very little ball control and is constantly injured.. the only good thing about him is he is good in the air but for £80 k a week and he only plays once a month it would be great business to off load him.

Arsenal on the verge of Aubameyang/Malcolm, United securing Sanchez. The PL champions? Andy Carroll. With Chelsea, winning the league always gives us a false sense of security, to the point where we fail to adequately back the manager; not in terms of money spent, but in terms of transfer targets met. We make underwhelming signings, eventually leading said manager to either produce poor results and get sacked, or get frustrated and leave. Just waiting for the day we actually kick on following a title win. Andy Carroll up top vs Barcelona. Unbelievable.

Whoever is responsible for pushing this signing (if it turns out to be true, still hoping it's just rumours) should be slapped until the skin melts off their face.

Fuckin Dippers at it too

Liverpool fans mock Chelsea as they eye permanent Andy Carroll deal

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/liverpool/liverpool-fans-mock-chelsea-as-they-eye-permanent-andy-carroll-deal

I would give both dangleys IF the prancing poney tailed one actually came good!!!

I agree with everything except the bit about keeping Zouma, Abraham and RLC. All of them needed to go on loan and play A LOT.

The club have failed to back three straight title winning managers. Carlo wasn't backed after 2010, mourinho after 2015 and now Conte. The problem isn't the manager, it's the policy the club have implemented. Money in = money out, meaning top players must be sold for top players to be brought in. Debruyne and Lukaku were essentially turned into Cesc and Diego. Diego was sold for Morata.

We are clearly trying to lower the average age of the club with lesser known players with potential. The likes of Batshuyai, Bakayoko, rudiger, Ampadu weren't signed with today in mind, they were bought on a gamble that they would come good in a couple years. My belief is all of them will come good and make an impact in the team.

As for the likes of Drinkwater, Zappacosta, Barkley and potentially Carroll??? This is where the board have lost me.... well not so much Barkley because he is talented but not very bright. The other names were brought in to round out the squad, none of these players are close to the calibre we are used to at the club. No potential, no actual role, just semi warm bodies. This is why we look like a club with no ambition.

The manager asks for a LWB in Sandro we get Zappacosta. The manager asks for tolisso we get Drinkwater... and I know we are close to tapped on non association trained players but come on! The champions need to do better than this in terms of recruiting players that suit our presumed level. Are we a top 10 team in world football? Is that ambition being matched at the board level? Certainly not when we get linked with the likes of Andy Carroll when we desperately need a striker.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Its just soul destroying

Arsenal fans mock Chelsea as they eye permanent Andy Carroll deal

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/arsenal/arsenal-fans-mock-chelsea-as-they-eye-permanent-andy-carroll-deal

Arsenal fans can't Mock nobody all they are Feeder club to the Manchester clubs 

There are very good and world class players which might be unattainable in winter, super expensive or ineligible for euro competition hence a bad time for pursuing major targets. Alexis, auba, mkhi and even Sandro and Telles fall i to that category so at a stretch i understand why we are not pursuing them

Then there are talents like malcolm, richarlison, bailey and that pellegrini guy who have shown some potential and might be sensible investments with resale value, reasonable january targets. Should be attainable for a club of our stature.

Then there are healthy average players who can still do a job. Of those there are tons.

And then therr are crooked, washed-up and out of form players like Andy Carroll who are almost useless even when they are not injured and are not even top flight level.

9 minutes ago, the wes said:

Arsenal fans can't Mock nobody all they are Feeder club to the Manchester clubs 

Arsenal are for Man City and United what Southampton are for Liverpool. And Tottenham for Real Madrid. And Liverpool for Barcelona. 

Bunch of losers. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You