test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the wes

loaned out Mason Mount

Started by the wes,

103 posts in this topic
10 hours ago, DDA said:

Bloody hell is he that good?? I haven't seen much bar the youtube shinanigans and he looks ok.

Comfortable with both feet, has unreal awareness of what to do and when like when to pass, shoot, retain possession etc. He's not too bad defensively and physically either (he'll never be Essien or Kante but he's a lot better than you usually associate with his type of player) and he's versatile, he can play CAM and LM but undoubtedly his best position is CM.

Yeah not bad considering he is only 19. I think no other of our loanees has performed that well at that age. Really such a shame that he will never establish himself here because of our incompetent board especially because he has always been at chelsea, joining the club aged 5. Lets hope we can get at least a nice sum for him.

44 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Yeah not bad considering he is only 19. I think no other of our loanees has performed that well at that age. Really such a shame that he will never establish himself here because of our incompetent board especially because he has always been at chelsea, joining the club aged 5. Lets hope we can get at least a nice sum for him.

Let's hope we get a manager who has some balls and brings him back to establish himself in the squad. We really can't afford to allow another KDB situation. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Traore scored 18 whilst at Vitesse & was a year younger. Players doing well in the Eredivise or anywhere for that matter whilst on loan means very little in regards to their prospects of making it here.  

The one thing he seems to have over other players is, the desire to make it here. Lets see if that will amount to anything over the next few years.

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Traore scored 18 whilst at Vitesse & was a year younger. Players doing well in the Eredivise or anywhere for that matter whilst on loan means very little in regards to their prospects of making it here.  

The one thing he seems to have over other players is, the desire to make it here. Lets see if that will amount to anything over the next few years.

I know Ive said it before but I dont understand how great our academy teams are yet as undividuals dont make it after leaving the comfort zone of the team.

MAYBE its because alot of our youth lads have been together since they were 8 years old or so and they know each others moves inside out. Or whether we (Jody Morris and other academy coachs) have got the teams training as a unit but they dont work on individual skills?

I really dont have a Scooby.

I know we all wish our academy could be our poind shop where we could just go load up our shopping trolley and put them straight into the 1st team but it really isn't as simple as that. I dont think ANY manager we wull ever have would last long in their job if they did try it.

The ones we cherry pick now fin it hard enough to make that next step. And it diesn't matter what club they goto if its not us they still dont seem to shine oyt as individuals.

So iI completely understand how we all feel so cobfused. It would be great to know the answer tho.

But this young lad looks very good. I hope he does get a chance to shine with the 1st team.

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

Out of the youngsters loanee's he should be top of the que for a place in our squad,how RLC is rated higher beats me.

It’s only the Eredivisie, wouldn’t get too excited if I was you. Mount is talented, but not ready for us yet. RLC has played at a higher level and has had a good season at Palace. He’s way more ready for us, and even then, I’d arguably have him out on loan again rather than sitting on the bench. Mount needs as many games as he can get so he should go out on loan to a stronger league. Maybe a good team in Germany or France.  

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

It’s only the Eredivisie, wouldn’t get too excited if I was you. Mount is talented, but not ready for us yet. RLC has played at a higher level and has had a good season at Palace. He’s way more ready for us, and even then, I’d arguably have him out on loan again rather than sitting on the bench. Mount needs as many games as he can get so he should go out on loan to a stronger league. Maybe a good team in Germany or France.  

I still cant see RLC as Chelsea standard. Well demending on what standard we want to achieve. He still looks very akward and clumsy to me. Tho he is looking better to last season so its done him some good. MAYBE another season??

But Mount does need taking in hand and have a proper structure set up for this next step. A loan to a PL club maybe.

What always does my head in is WHY our AMAZING youth teams win everything yet as individuals they dont make any real progress. I would dearly love to know why.

My thinking is they have grown up together many since they were 6/8 years old so they know each others moves etc. Theyre all mates and get on great. So when they leave all that its a very big change.

Now I'm wondering IF they would progress better if they spent a season or 2 with the 1st team, similar to what Conte has done with some and Mou did with Happy.

Let them get some minutes here n there (Admittedly a bit more than Conte has given them). Do it gradually so they are still around 'their home'. Thats my thought anyway.

47 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

To be fair, we can all continue to say certain players aren't ready, but you have Dele Alli thriving for Spurs, and he came from a league one side. 

Mufassir08 and Johnnyeye like this

30 minutes ago, It's too big said:

To be fair, we can all continue to say certain players aren't ready, but you have Dele Alli thriving for Spurs, and he came from a league one side. 

Trent Alexander-Arnold has had his breakthrough season at Liverpool and he never even went out on loan once!

Johnnyeye likes this

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

It may be the Eredivisie but Courtois and KDB were only playing in the Belgium league before they smashed La Liga and the Bundesliga respectively, inin fact we got Robben from the Dutch league at the same age, sometimes talent is just too obvious. That said i wouldn't be too adverse for him getting a Bundesliga loan but if he came back (and our next manager picked on merit) i honestly believe he would be a starter or at worst borderline by Christmas, he's that good!!

I'd love to be wrong but i just can't see it with Ruben, he just doesn't have the fitness or tactical intelligence required for our level. Both Conte and Roy have tried to hide utilize him in other positions and i just can't help but shake off the feeling that there's a very, very good reason for that.

3 hours ago, The Skipper said:

. Mount is talented, but not ready for us yet. RLC has played at a higher level and has had a good season at Palace.

What is ready?? 

I keep reading this notion that anybody slightly related with our youth side isn't ready. 

Why can't we just give somebody a run in the team and see how they get on?

If Drinkwater and Bakayoko (based on form) can get a run and we still win games with them in the team, then why can't we risk playing Mount or Odoi?

Sometimes I'm sure football is being over complicated and players are being over analysed.

If a lad has ability, which Mount obviously does, then why not let him play?

You can't have done any worse than the established players I have mentioned above.

Mufassir08 and Johnnyeye like this

1 hour ago, DDA said:

What is ready?? 

I keep reading this notion that anybody slightly related with our youth side isn't ready. 

Why can't we just give somebody a run in the team and see how they get on?

If Drinkwater and Bakayoko (based on form) can get a run and we still win games with them in the team, then why can't we risk playing Mount or Odoi?

Sometimes I'm sure football is being over complicated and players are being over analysed.

If a lad has ability, which Mount obviously does, then why not let him play?

You can't have done any worse than the established players I have mentioned above.

It’s not about what I think. It’s about what the manager thinks of him, and whether he’ll get enough playing time. Would you be happy to have Mason play Drinkwater’s minutes or play week in week out at the right club, in the right league to aid his development? 

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

It may be the Eredivisie but Courtois and KDB were only playing in the Belgium league before they smashed La Liga and the Bundesliga respectively, inin fact we got Robben from the Dutch league at the same age, sometimes talent is just too obvious. That said i wouldn't be too adverse for him getting a Bundesliga loan but if he came back (and our next manager picked on merit) i honestly believe he would be a starter or at worst borderline by Christmas, he's that good!!

I'd love to be wrong but i just can't see it with Ruben, he just doesn't have the fitness or tactical intelligence required for our level. Both Conte and Roy have tried to hide utilize him in other positions and i just can't help but shake off the feeling that there's a very, very good reason for that.

Yeah, they got loans at good clubs in good leagues. That’s why I’m saying Mason needs more game time to develop more. I can’t see a new manager coming in and taking a chance on Mount straight away. The Dutch league is incredibly weak, take it from someone who has watched its decline over the years. Whilst a 19 year old who didn’t even start at the start of the season has truly grown and finished the season very strongly; I wouldn’t come to conclusions like that just yet - I’d rather him play week in, week out at a good club than be a bench warmer or squad player here - we’re notoriously bad at promoting youth.

Regarding RLC... Biggest thing he’s lacking in is stamina, that I agree on. But apart from that, he’s actually been pretty good at Palace. Hodgson thinks he’s a proper proper talent and wants to buy him. I agree with your assessment in general though - he has potential to be a good player for us if he connects a few things - but will those connect? He needs a top manager that believes in him. My main point with the RLC comparison is that RLC is more ready than Mount because he’s played at a higher level. Even got capped for England (Southgate is a big fan). Mount needs a loan like RLC is having now for me. 

Stats, Johnnyeye and Tomo like this