Mason Mount

the wes

1 minute ago, Jason said:

He was decent in the first 2-3 seasons but he was never consistent and never fulfilled his potential. The fact that he's now just "chilling" in the Chinese Super League says it all. 

Ohh I agree he had better potential than that

• 2 weeks later...

IF we get a proper DM (Kante and Jorginho aren't good enough in that role imo) I could see him in the box to box role in a 3 as opposed to the most attacking midfielder.

His forward passing from deep impressed me again. Still young and his growth means his position is still malleable.

Not in the big games, but him and ziyech are hard working enough to make a midfield 3 work IF we have a great dm behind. Which we don't. But I'm thinking that would be his best position in the future for us.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

IF we get a proper DM (Kante and Jorginho aren't good enough in that role imo) I could see him in the box to box role in a 3 as opposed to the most attacking midfielder.

His forward passing from deep impressed me again. Still young and his growth means his position is still malleable.

Not in the big games, but him and ziyech are hard working enough to make a midfield 3 work IF we have a great dm behind. Which we don't. But I'm thinking that would be his best position in the future for us.

Mason Mount as dm?? 

Off topic but on the subject of Alonso, can't believe how some people have come to accept or think Alonso is acceptable to be our first choice left back. Scoring the odd goal here and there has somehow blinded people. Imagine trying to play progressive football but you have a left back who is slow, immobile, can't beat players for pace or 1 v 1 as the first choice. We used to have arguably the best English left back in Cole at that position and now people seem to think Alonso is okay. The standards have really dropped. 

22 hours ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Box to box. No longer the furthest forward in a 3.

I don't think playing as deeper midfielder workwith Mount. Mount is excellent at filing up gap and running the channel. He is much better playing higher so he can use his running to destabilize defense 

I don't think playing as deeper midfielder workwith Mount. Mount is excellent at filing up gap and running the channel. He is much better playing higher so he can use his running to destabilize defense 
He's been coming deeper and deeper without jorginho to help build up and he's been effective. When he does have the ball deep he moves the ball forward quickly.

awwww said he's surprised to be man of the match 

'Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount says he is surprised he got the Man of the Match award.

"Ross Barkley got a goal and an assist, didn't he?"

The interviewer tells him the award was given before Barkley scored in the 91st minute. Unlucky

He's been coming deeper and deeper without jorginho to help build up and he's been effective. When he does have the ball deep he moves the ball forward quickly.

Don't mind if I do . . . .