• Bakayoko
    • Drinkwater
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

36 minutes ago, manpe said:

We'll be up against it with slow Zap and Alonso against lightning quick Mane and Salah.

Thats two areas I'm worried about aswell I would put rudiger and Azpi in wing back roles and play Christensen Luiz cahill has three CB'S 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Thats two areas I'm worried about aswell I would put rudiger and Azpi in wing back roles and play Christensen Luiz cahill has three CB'S 

All I have to say to this is that I'm glad you're not in charge :D

17 minutes ago, manpe said:

All I have to say to this is that I'm glad you're not in charge :D

mane and Salah are going to rip Alonso and zappacosta new ass holes we have better chance of shutting them out with rudiger and Dave has wing backs 

Just now, the wes said:

mane and Salah are going to rip Alonso and zappacosta new ass holes we have better chance of shutting them out with rudiger and Dave has wing backs 

No. That defensive line has never played together and in those positions which you suggested. The little speed gain would be nullified by the disaster that would ensue.

I like the idea of an unorthodox defence too. I'd line-up like this - 

Courtois; Zappa, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Cahill, Pedro; Kante, Fabregas, Bakayoko; Hazard, Morata.

Alonso's a wild card. He can hit you with a decent header from a corner, but he can also get skinned. I actually feel safer starting with him than without him, but simply not in this game, nor vs. the likes of City/PSG.

I think it's important specifically for this game that Azpi start alongside Zappa, and not in the centre. As good as he is, Christensen still lacks experience in games like these, and he's more likely to be covering for Zappa & then getting skinned than having a great game in this one. Let him be our heart, and let our previous-right back Azpi cover for our current right wing-back. 

Pedro has had an unspectacular game or 2 as a full back, but I think he's had 1 or 2 solid games there as well if i remember correctly.

7 hours ago, AChes1ofus said:

And who came up with the brilliant idea of allowing just 2 1/2 days to recover?

Total bollocks why not play it on MNF.

Fucking sky i suppose.

At least they've been gracious enough to allow a 5:30 KO.....cunts

This has been an issue with the PL for years, same with the winter break/winter schedule and it doesn’t look anymore likely that they will address it unfortunately which is a shame as it severely weakens the PL come the latter stages of CL/EL and also the National teams come summer tournaments.

A lot of people maybe won’t think it affects a lot or whatever but they get 30 days off in Germany, 24 days in France, 18 days in Spain, 16 days in Italy and however long wherever else, it would help PL sides a lot. It’s being used as a trial as such up in th Scottish Premier Division this year. 

Liverpool have had an extra day to rest in comparison to us unfortunately but I don’t think it’s a huge concern because every set of CL/Europa fixtures there is always a team that complains, unfortunately the Prem (specifically in at Christmas due to so many games in short space of time) makes a lot of money through television rights and at this rate it won’t slow down, hopefully it can be looked at more and sorted in the future. I think we’ll still manage to turn up and give a good performance at Anfield, its not like Liverpool have had a full week to prepare, they play energy sapping football which they press a lot cover a lot of ground more than the average team, so perhaps along with their tendencies to drop off in second halfs and latter stages of the season, it won’t be as much of a booster as many think.

Kante, Bakayoko, and Fabregas Vs Henderson, Wijnaldum, and Coutinho.

We have such a big advantage in the middle of the park. We should take the game to them like we did vs Atleti and United. Their backline is there to be got at at and we should (FWIW) win the midfield battle.

I'm quite looking forward to this one.

Hazard and Morata have to exploit their weak defensive line. Alonso has to cope with the pace of Salah, I hope he will be up for it tomorrow, personally I would have rested him against Qarabag, but that doesn´t matter now. Normally our midfield should overcome theirs.

21 hours ago, AChes1ofus said:

Fucking sky i suppose.

Yup TV calling the shots again -also 11 and a half hours flying time to cope with as well

21 hours ago, AChes1ofus said:

Fucking sky i suppose.

46 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Yup TV calling the shots again -also 11 and a half hours flying time to cope with as well

BT sport this one. read somewhere that BT get first pick of fixtures (or do for the weekend at least) with Saturday 5:30 there only weekend slot there wasn't much choice. 

The FA should help out if they want a competitive league and champions league success 

23 hours ago, AChes1ofus said:

Fucking sky i suppose.

2 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

1 hour ago, gadget said:

BT sport this one. read somewhere that BT get first pick of fixtures (or do for the weekend at least) with Saturday 5:30 there only weekend slot there wasn't much choice. 

The FA should help out if they want a competitive league and champions league success 

Truly rubbish that this game is on Saturday while Huddersfield v Man City, of all games, gets put on Sunday.

You know Liverpool will probably blitz us to start the game in order to test our legs after the short turnaround and long travel time. Hopefully the fact that we rested Bakayoko & Christensen will help in that regard. Alonso came off early and Morata only played a few minutes. We really shouldn't be totally knackered here. Even if Liverpool score early and are the better team initially I hope we don't get demoralized like we've been known to do. Their defense is so weak that we can easily get back into the game if Hazard is aggressive.

In order to beat Klopp's Liverpool you have to match their intensity and take advantage of their very obvious weaknesses. I'll feel very confident we can do that if Rüdiger starts on Alonso's side rather than Cahill. I predict a long and painful day if he doesn't.