• Bakayoko
    • Drinkwater
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

2 hours ago, the wes said:

Conte hinted Morata could be on the bench I'm guessing we will  play Pedro hazard Willian trio pedro and Willian can track back and help out Zappa and Alonso

Worst thing we could do IMO.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our recent record against Liverpool is weird to say the least. Done better at Anfield than at the Bridge.

Last 5 at Anfield

D 2-2

W 2-0

W 2-1

D 1-1

D 1-1

Last 5 at Stamford Bridge (only 1 win in last 7)

D 1-1

W 2-1

D 1-1

L 1-3

L 1-2

Courtois

Rudiger Christensen Luiz

Azpilicueta Bakayoko Fabregas Kante Alonso

Hazard Morata

Luiz at left centre back and Kante next to Alonso to help with Salah.

Azpilicueta - Bakayoko - Rudiger should be able to deal with the pace on that side

3 hours ago, Strike said:

Courtois

Rudiger Christensen Luiz

Azpilicueta Bakayoko Fabregas Kante Alonso

Hazard Morata

Luiz at left centre back and Kante next to Alonso to help with Salah.

Azpilicueta - Bakayoko - Rudiger should be able to deal with the pace on that side

I think moving Azpi to RWB would be a mistake. Think he’s absolutely tailor made to play RCB and his form there has been great recently although I do have concerns over Zappacosta he hasn’t shown much promise defensively, he’s not been bad but he’s not been reassuring, if Conte was feeling bold he could go for Pedro in that RWB role. Or never thought I’d say it, we miss Victor Moses.

Think Rudiger and Gary Cahill should be kept away from that RCB role at all times too they’ve not looked assuring there yet.

Hopefully we go for something like this

courtois

azpi - christensen - rudi

zap - baka - kante - cesc - alonso 

morata - hazard

Thing I'm most nervous about is wondering which Chelsea will turn up. We can look so solid defensively one week and then calamitous another. I hope the players are very well prepared and drilled on what Liverpool try to do so we aren't hit in the mouth and see our heads go.

I have no faith in the likes of Cahill and Bakayoko against  Liverpool's high press.I think we will struggle as usual against pressing sides.We need to be calm with passing and maintain composure if we want to win the game.

Wow, big surprises in both teams. Both managers keeping dangerous players in reserve that can completely change the game if needed.

You would assume Drinkwater is rotated for Cesc because his legs are fresher and therefor hopefully more resistant to their pressing. Cesc was probably going to be the player Klopp targeted as a weakness.

That Liverpool XI is pretty mediocre without Mané and Firmino.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Wow, big surprises in both teams. Both managers keeping dangerous players in reserve that can completely change the game if needed.

You would assume Drinkwater is rotated for Cesc because his legs are fresher and therefor hopefully more resistant to their pressing. Cesc was probably going to be the player Klopp targeted as a weakness.

That Liverpool XI is pretty mediocre without Mané and Firmino.

There's always Cahill. Really amazed by Liverpool's lineup though

56 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Thing I'm most nervous about is wondering which Chelsea will turn up. We can look so solid defensively one week and then calamitous another. I hope the players are very well prepared and drilled on what Liverpool try to do so we aren't hit in the mouth and see our heads go.

I'd be more worried about fatigue than preparation. Looking at the lineup, I imagine we'll play similar to the way we played against Spurs, though looking at their lineup, Conte may want to attack early to try and make the early statement. However, if that doesn't work, I expect to see us work on carefully moving the ball forward and being quick to recover defensively. It'll give them the bulk of possession, but will hopefully stop the final ball.

Drinkwater hasn't yet had the opportunity to show we can actually trust him as a player. I barely watched him at Leicester, but for the cameos he's had for us thus far he's looked slow (football IQ) & not exactly great technically. I don't see what he offers which Ampadu wouldn't, for example. 

Is it really worth benching Fabregas, a superior passer, who can work in a midfield 3, with superior vision, with the most chances created per game in the league this season, for Drinkwater simply because the latter is 15% faster with maybe 25% more stamina? Madness if you ask me. We need quality one-touch moments to open up Liverpool's defence, not runners who can't launch more than 1 decent long pass per game.

It says everything that our best passer in midfield today is Kante. 

The madness in Drinkwater no doubt playing 75 minutes, Fabregas maybe 15, instead of the reverse. It's completely backwards. You use as much of Fabregas's stamina as possible and then take him off. Common sense.

Conte isn't right all the time. Even when we win.