• Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Bakayoko
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

More than less people said how shit Azpi was against Roma.

Azpi is generally our most consistent player, our only captain material. You don't give him what you give Cahill, who is none of the great things Azpi is. Simple. We don't give compliments to Cahill for the 1 not-so-bad game of his every 10 weeks, because that'd be utterly short-sighted.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cesc cannot start against this team unless both Baka and Kante are in there. Even then I feel Drinkwater should get a chance. He's more physical and athletic.

I assume Mourinho will have one of his thugs like Ander Herrera shadowing Hazard for 90 minutes since it was so effective last time we played them. Hopefully Conte and Eden will have prepared for that and have some way to maximize his effectiveness.

40 minutes ago, Leif said:

More than less people said how shit Azpi was against Roma.

Azpi is generally our most consistent player, our only captain material. You don't give him what you give Cahill, who is none of the great things Azpi is. Simple. We don't give compliments to Cahill for the 1 not-so-bad game of his every 10 weeks, because that'd be utterly short-sighted.

But it's not just one bad game for Azpi, and one "not so bad game" for Cahill.

Azpi was poor since the begin of this season,he make 2-3 good match and after his level has totally fallen.

I dont say necessarily he must be bench, because we have not enough good solution to replace him, but just we must be objective.

Cahill was not so terrible that we can read. If he makes a bad intervention, it will be multiply by 100, when Azpi does the same we almost don't talk about.

On the recents matchs Cahill was more solid and consistent thant Azpi but we will not see someone saying that here.

For me Cahill can be a starter Sunday, I don't see why he will automaticelly be benched as long as he makes decent prestation. And same logic but reverse for Azpi.

In center back role i would like to see Cahill Rudiger Christensen. ANd why not try Rudiger LWB, he will not be worst than Alonso...

25 minutes ago, Ayioros said:

On the recents matchs Cahill was more solid and consistent thant Azpi but we will not see someone saying that here.

Don't agree. Against Bournemouth Azpi put in a MOTM worthy performance if it wasn't for Hazard.

Frankly to me the 0-3 loss in Rome did not mean that much. Ok, it terms of performance it was horrible to watch, but at least AS Roma completely exposed our weaknesses and Conte can learn from that. Like he did last year after the match at the Emirates when honest to God it was a similar shit show.

And in the end Qarabag bailed us out of jail big time. Now we beat them away from home and we're through to the play-offs and no more Champions League worries until late February.

Now about this match on Sunday - to me it is the perfect fixture to play at this moment. Chelsea have nothing to lose. If they do lose, then it's nothing out of the ordinary at this point. Truth is we're miles off the team we were last season. 

We win and we can rub it in Mourinho's face and come only one point behind mighty United that is supposed to challenge for the league title. Only one point behind with all our problems - does not sound bad to me. 

Now the funny thing is we'd want Conte to take United hard on Sunday knowing Mourinho's habit to park the bus against top oposition. But United fans would want the same from Mourinho - haha. To come at the Bridge and play expansive football because we're shite lately. Just like they we're supposed to do at Anfield.

We all know what is going to happen and that Mourinho is surely going to bore the hell out of Stamford Bridge and all the viewers on telly. 

Now honest to God I'm hoping we're going back to a four man defence and bring some balance into the team.

I would go for                                                                         Morata

Willian Hazard Pedro

Kante Drinkwater

Alonso Luiz Christensen Azpilicueta  

Courtois

The main problem with Conte that I see is he keeps playing Cesc and Cahill althrough they are poor. 

Last year he was decisive and benched Iva, Terry and Cesc. The results came. This year its same old story, players who are big at this club play and not those that actualy deserve to play. 

Chelsea definitely have no chance of winning this. But at least we not as bad as Everton who are gonna be in bad shape by the time the January transfer window comes around and no player will want to join them Everton. Everton are 85% likely to be relegated.

12 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

The main problem with Conte that I see is he keeps playing Cesc and Cahill althrough they are poor. 

Last year he was decisive and benched Iva, Terry and Cesc. The results came. This year its same old story, players who are big at this club play and not those that actualy deserve to play. 

This is my biggest concern, playing same team with same formation every match and hoping for miracle is stupid. 

TBH he dropped Ivanović, Terry and Fabregas pretty late last season, after relatively long string of bad results. Pretty much every fan on this forum realized that all three are big underperformers much sooner ... just like Cahill, Alonso, Fabregas and Willian are this year :) 

Transfer window is over, we can't do nothing about it, Conte can't do nothing about it. Focus on the players you have and try to find the best solution within the squad. Every underperforming player can be benched and we have players that can replace them -> Cahill (Rudiger), Alonso (Kenedy, Azpi, Pedro, Zappa), Fabregas (Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Luiz), Willian (Pedro, Musonda) .... 

Conte repeats that the second half v Roma was bad in many aspects but that is the past and it is important now to prepare well for Sunday.

Conte says for sure he is happy to work with these players but this season we are facing a lot of problems that are not simple to solve.

Conte adds that in this moment you can see if you are winners or losers.

Conte states that it is important during the season to have rotation in team selection.

Conte says there is a big problem for all the teams that want to fight for the title - and that problem is Manchester City.

Conte says if Man City continue this way it will be difficult but Chelsea will continue to fight.

Conte says new England call-ups Tammy Abraham and Ruben Loftus-Cheek are having the right path for their development.

Conte rules Victor Moses out of this weekend's game