• Morata
    • Drinkwater (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the bashing Cahill team strike again, what a surprise... 

I have told it yesterday it was obvious that Cahill will start, when you see his recent match and compare it with others defenders. 

Cahill deserve a start at this moment maybe not always in the past and maybe not in the futur but at this moment yes. 

Just now, Ayioros said:

And the bashing Cahill team strike again, what a surprise... 

I have told it yesterday it was obvious that Cahill will start, when you see his recent match and compare it with others defenders. 

Cahill deserve a start at this moment maybe not always in the past and maybe not in the futur but at this moment yes. 

Christiensen has done nothing wrong when he has started, yet he can't get a sniff in the side.

Conte is making statements like he will drop anyone under-performing yet picking Cahill time and time again. This is the problem for me right now, we have no balls to allow others a real chance because the same faces are picked time after time.

Good or bad, our players aren't picked due to form (maybe the board think it's too short-sighted?) 

Our players play because they put a wedge in the profile of the other team. (That's the theory anyway.)
Against short, weak players? Doesn't matter if they've been shit, Cahill and Bakayoko will play.

Against slow, not very tactically astute lower-league players in a meaningless cup game? Fabregas will be playing, even if he's been shit. 

Against anyone? Hazard and Morata will play, even if they've been shit.

There's quite a bit right and wrong with this approach. More wrong than right in my opinion, but i understand somewhat why the board would demand it. On one hand, if you have different faces in the team week in week out, you risk your consistency.
On the other hand, the board seem to care a whole lot more about the 'image' of our XI than the quality of it, which is totally stupid. If Cahill and Fabregas were on the bench all season, our pathetic board would cry and shout at the manager for marketing reasons.

Watch Cahill be the only player on the pitch who looks scared. The only one with wide eyes, eyebrows raised, shouting as loud as he can since he's the only idiot who sees a 'threat' instead of equals....

followed by acting as small as possible the moment he's part of a mistake. 

1 hour ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

On the surface, it doesn't look like we're going to get anything out of this match.

However, that's when we seem to always show up, when no one (including our supporters) thinks we have a chance.  

And this is where we will be proven wrong again, because we jinxed it by thinking otherwise.

In spite of Conte's comments, I am fairly optimistic that Cahill and Cesc will not feature in this game. 

Drinkwater is back, KANTE is likely back. There are good options at Centre Back. 

Drinkwater-Kante in midfield would completely change our performance

On another note I also dont get two things; 

1.) Under Mou we became slow without any movement. Then Conte came and we were brilliant. Players moved quickly, many options to pass to, lot of dynamic to the game. This year its slow and no movement again

2.) Defenders under Mou were reckless in posession, get the ball and hoof it away. No control and composure in back. Conte came and we improved there big time. This season, again defenders have zero composure and we cant build from back at all.

So the big question is, why? Because of Conte or players simply decide to turn off every second season? 

11 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

On another note I also dont get two things; 

1.) Under Mou we became slow without any movement. Then Conte came and we were brilliant. Players moved quickly, many options to pass to, lot of dynamic to the game. This year its slow and no movement again

2.) Defenders under Mou were reckless in posession, get the ball and hoof it away. No control and composure in back. Conte came and we improved there big time. This season, again defenders have zero composure and we cant build from back at all.

So the big question is, why? Because of Conte or players simply decide to turn off every second season? 

Tactics. Teams are pinning back our wingbacks while closely marking our midfielders. It's pretty much leaves us with No midfield, no wide outball, a front 3 that can barely get on the ball and a back three that has no passing options to play. 

We're slow and there's no movement because the players aren't getting the space they did last season. Especially our wingbacks. Last season they regularly had acres of space in front of them.