Dani Alves

milka

Ya, really liking this!

Veteran who is a leader and played at and won at the highest level. We need more of these personalities in the dressing room, guys who command respect.

From a footballing perspective this is also great! He is still deadly down the flank and should be able to play at a high level if he's used sparingly. At Juve this year he played in 15 games in Serie A and 11 in the Champions League, thats the kind of workload I expect for him to function at a high level.

Its on a free! We would be morons not to take a stab at him... 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still has miles in the tank, I would have him here. It's like the opposite end of the spectrum ala Marcos Alonso....Conte has made Alonso into a terrific player despite people saying he wouldn't cut it here, so because Alves has been around the block doesn't mean this would become a nursing home, he still has it.

I think he would be a great short-term upgrade for Moses. A little bit of rotation wouldn´t harm Victor, because he had no competition all year. Alves´ experience could be crucial if we reach the knockout phase of the CL. 

15 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Still has miles in the tank, I would have him here. It's like the opposite end of the spectrum ala Marcos Alonso....Conte has made Alonso into a terrific player despite people saying he wouldn't cut it here, so because Alves has been around the block doesn't mean this would become a nursing home, he still has it.

Disagree with you here, there is a reason why evra and now dani alves can still contribute for juventus. Serie A is not as hectic in term of pace compare to EPL. There is no way Alves will last playing in EPL.

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Shame...would be realy nice addition if he came here.

Yep. Would likely be an inexpensive, single season rental basically. He'd be a great signing for City.

On 03/06/2017 at 4:07 PM, BlueLyon said:

Only two better options than Alves are Walker and Nelsinho, with former not possible as he is spurs player and the later costing big money, plus there is competition with Barca, Bayern and at least both Manchesters.

I would take Alves in hearbeat, still best RB out there. But yeah, he cant play every game, so that could be big problem.

I'm going to throw one more name in there for you - Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. 

I don't really follow transfers closely, but can someone please explain to me why we are letting Alves go to City even though we desperately need wing backs and the role here would suite him better than that at City? 

Really thought we're in for him. What a shame. Can't be blamed though, the same way Bonucci would probably choose Chelsea over City because of Conte, the same way Alves has made his choice and it's Guardiola, someone he has worked and has a good relationship with. 

2 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

I don't really follow transfers closely, but can someone please explain to me why we are letting Alves go to City even though we desperately need wing backs and the role here would suite him better than that at City? 

cos he's too old for roman?

20 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I'm going to throw one more name in there for you - Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain. 

He has performed brilliantly for Arsenal there however that is not a position he wants to play. He wants to play CM. He would be happy to do the odd shift there but if any team buys him and plans on playing him RWB, he won't go. That is why Liverpool are trying to prize him away because they probably will give him the chance to play in his favoured position.

Alves wants to play under Guardiola, I think.

3 hours ago, Stats said:

He has performed brilliantly for Arsenal there however that is not a position he wants to play. He wants to play CM. He would be happy to do the odd shift there but if any team buys him and plans on playing him RWB, he won't go. That is why Liverpool are trying to prize him away because they probably will give him the chance to play in his favoured position.

Playing in his favourite position or winning trophies with Chelsea as a starter?

3 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Playing in his favourite position or winning trophies with Chelsea as a starter?

But he won't be a guaranteed starter. He has only played a few games at WB and been very good but so was Moses and he was a revelation but slowly started to fade. He still had a very good season though but was less effective towards the end of the season. Chamberlain could easily be the same and Conte would not simply make him a guaranteed starter. Unless it is someone who is proven in that position over a long period, that is the only way Moses will be dropped indefinitely. Can't see us making a move for Chamberlain. Even though he would stand a bigger chance of winning trophies, he does not want to play WB so don't see it at all.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You