• Matic
    • Kante
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

Who remembers this fixture two and a half years ago? Some of the best football we played, Diego's first goal and THAT assist by Fabregas... Amazing how much water flowed under the bridge since then and still it feels like it was yesterday. 

It's a difficult place to visit but our strength this season is the ability to beat those teams, even if by a one goal margin, I will surely be happy with that. Most importantly - start Cesc, and who knows, maybe we'll see another cracker from him. C'mon Chels! 

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Footballover said:

Who remembers this fixture two and a half years ago? Some of the best football we played, Diego's first goal and THAT assist by Fabregas... Amazing how much water flowed under the bridge since then and still it feels like it was yesterday. 

It's a difficult place to visit but our strength this season is the ability to beat those teams, even if by a one goal margin, I will surely be happy with that. Most importantly - start Cesc, and who knows, maybe we'll see another cracker from him. C'mon Chels! 

I was at that game, fabulous performance and great following from our fans, never stopped chanting....brilliant day out.

Another weekend where our closest title rival plays a huge match against another contender. I know people were saying the title is ours after the Arsenal match, but if we beat Burnley and Liverpool beat or even hold Spurs to a draw I think that'll be that. 

Cannot expect to just show up and claim 3 points effortlessly here. We've seen Arsenal, Liverpool, and Spuds all do that in recent weeks against relegation fodder and lose/drop points. If we don't show them the proper respect we could get punched in the mouth.

6 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Another weekend where our closest title rival plays a huge match against another contender. I know people were saying the title is ours after the Arsenal match, but if we beat Burnley and Liverpool beat or even hold Spurs to a draw I think that'll be that. 

Cannot expect to just show up and claim 3 points effortlessly here. We've seen Arsenal, Liverpool, and Spuds all do that in recent weeks against relegation fodder and lose/drop points. If we don't show them the proper respect we could get punched in the mouth.

Nah. Spurs will get another undeserved penalty. 

14 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Nah. Spurs will get another undeserved penalty. 

With the way Liverpool have played recently it wouldn't shock me at all if they got spanked. Just have to hope Anfield plays its part and Klopp/his players want to stop the embarrassment.

On 2/4/2017 at 8:32 PM, Jason said:

Tense? Only pointing out that Burnley can pose a huge problem.

But for the sake of the argument, think there's every reason for me to be tense or cautious because (a) we have won nothing yet and (b) we have a tendency to make life difficult for ourselves. I enjoy it when we win and play well but there's still a long way to go.

We make it difficult for ourselves? 3 of our 4 PL titles have been run aways and won with games to spare.

Now of course i'm not saying we should declare ourselves champions already, we don't want to look like Liverpool fans did in 2014, but lets put it this way, if we were 9-13 points behind a team managed by Conte, would you give us a chance? i know i won't.

30 minutes ago, appiedabbie said:

I dont understand this fear of spurs, yes they are closest to us but Spurs, really? 

I still think, even at this point, Man City are the favourites for the title. I can see them going unbeaten for the remainder of the league, especially now with Jesus  on their side. 

We need to buy a player called Mohamed, that would make for an interesting match title. 

Bring back Salah then lol. 

But City aren't fav anymore come on. We are huge favorites and rightly so. Of course we can still lose the title but we a certainly favored to win it now. 

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

We make it difficult for ourselves? 3 of our 4 PL titles have been run aways and won with games to spare.

Now of course i'm not saying we should declare ourselves champions already, we don't want to look like Liverpool fans did in 2014, but lets put it this way, if we were 9-13 points behind a team managed by Conte, would you give us a chance? i know i won't.

Where did I imply it has anything to do with running away with the title? I was alluding more to how we play in matches or manage moments in matches. Take the second half against Hull recently for instance. Not saying we should have rolled them over but we should have played better, controlled the game better. On another day, we could have easily paid the price for the poor way we played in that half. Or in another case, Liverpool away last week, where we couldn't even control and make simple passes and ended up getting pressurized for long periods of that game.

If you really want to talk about running away with the title, the last one was a slugfest. We may have won the title by 8 points but part of that was down to the others being so rubbish that they couldn't keep pace with us and while we got the job done then, some of our performances were crap in that run-in when we should have played better (game at QPR in particular sticks out a lot!).

Now, I highly doubt complacency will be an issue under Conte in this run-in and beyond but I'm not ruling us out of having some brainfart moments or matches in the remaining fixtures and if we do that, there are at least 2 other teams capable of closing the gap on us.

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Where did I imply it has anything to do with running away with the title? I was alluding more to how we play in matches or manage moments in matches. Take the second half against Hull recently for instance. Not saying we should have rolled them over but we should have played better, controlled the game better. On another day, we could have easily paid the price for the poor way we played in that half. Or in another case, Liverpool away last week, where we couldn't even control and make simple passes and ended up getting pressurized for long periods of that game.

If you really want to talk about running away with the title, the last one was a slugfest. We may have won the title by 8 points but part of that was down to the others being so rubbish that they couldn't keep pace with us and while we got the job done then, some of our performances were crap in that run-in when we should have played better (game at QPR in particular sticks out a lot!).

Now, I highly doubt complacency will be an issue under Conte in this run-in and beyond but I'm not ruling us out of having some brainfart moments or matches in the remaining fixtures and if we do that, there are at least 2 other teams capable of closing the gap on us.

You are right it was turgid but we didn't look in danger of having a breakdown in results and i think the general consensus was Jose adapted the tactics to get job done like he did year before to secure top 4. Hull wasn't our finest hour but i still felt we were relitevely solid and weren't going to concede unless Harry Mcguire hit a unsavable long shot.

12 minutes ago, Tomo said:

You are right it was turgid but we didn't look in danger of having a breakdown in results and i think the general consensus was Jose adapted the tactics to get job done like he did year before to secure top 4.

He certainly did that and IIRC, I acknowledged that at the time as well but I guess if we look at it from another perspective, one could say he wasn't adaptable enough to find a slightly different way of playing and instead, retreated to his own shell and have us play on the defensive.

15 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Hull wasn't our finest hour but i still felt we were relitevely solid and weren't going to concede unless Harry Mcguire hit a unsavable long shot.

But the problem with that is, it takes only one silly mistake and the opposition will get back into the game, like the one at Liverpool for instance.

On 2/6/2017 at 5:55 PM, appiedabbie said:

I dont understand this fear of spurs, yes they are closest to us but Spurs, really? 

I still think, even at this point, Man City are the favourites for the title. I can see them going unbeaten for the remainder of the league, especially now with Jesus  on their side. 

We need to buy a player called Mohamed, that would make for an interesting match title. 

City are and will never be favorites for any title or league as they don't have an identity to begin with.

I'll be cheering on Liverpool like mad tomorrow (*vomit*). They win and our boys will be up for it even more on Sunday. It would surely be title race over. Spuds win at Anfield and even if we don't slip up they'll be a thorn in our sides for the rest of the way just waiting for a small chink in our armor.

This could once again be one hell of a weekend if results go our way!

Antonio Conte says Burnley’s impressive home form this season means there is no way his players will be underestimating the hosts on Sunday.

Conte was speaking at a busy media room at the club’s training ground ahead of the first of two consecutive away games.

Having been asked what type of game he expects at Turf Moor, the Blues boss explained why he expects a very testing afternoon.

‘It will be a really tough game because I read with great attention the stats and Burnley have taken 28 points at home and one away, which means they have 29 points and 28 of them have been won at home. They won their last five home matches and scored a lot at the end of games.

‘The stats show Burnley are really strong at home. They’re third in the table for home matches, we are first with 33 points, Tottenham are second with 32 and Burnley are third. We must pay great attention, they are in good form and want to beat us because we are top. We have prepared very well for the game and my players know what we will face.

‘They are a really good team, they play a lot of long balls and put pressure on you when you have the ball. It’s important to know the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition and we have studied them well. When you arrive after games against Liverpool and Arsenal it’s important to give continuity and try to win, but I know it won’t be easy.’

With Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool and Manchester United all in action tomorrow, there is a strong possibility our lead at the top of the Premier League table will have been reduced by the time we kick off on Sunday.

Conte, though, said his team are simply focused on doing our own job.

I think until the end of the season we have to live with this type of pressure,’ he added. ‘Whether we play before or after the pressure is the same. If our opponents win it reduces the gap, if they don’t we can increase it. It’s important to think about ourselves. Now we are at the top of the table so we can count only on our game. If good news arrives about the other teams we’ll be happy but we must count on ourselves.

So, long story short, we need to be at our very best if we want to walk out of Turf moor with all 3 points, their record at home speaks for it self, now is not the time for complancecy, we still need to wait and see what will happen at Anfield tomorrow, but one thing is certain, we need to focus solely on our game, focus on our objective and like Conte said, cant worry about other teams, we must only focus on ourselves. Cheers mates and goodluck