• Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Surprised Antonio went with Willian over Pedro.. 

I'm not. It's what I'd have done too. He's better in possision and at keeping the ball in tight spaces when pressed than Pedro who often lets the ball get away from him with heavy or loose touches.

The worry for me is that on top of their pressing, we'll be outnumbered in midfield. 

11 minutes ago, FabHazard said:

I am afraid that we will not win this game...we are not performing well against big sides this season..Our midfield cannot cope with high press..we will sit back and eventually they will score a goal..Not expecting any points from this game...even securing a draw is good for us

Beat Tottenham 2-1, Man City away 3-1 and ManU 4-0 at home. Lost to Arsenal and Liverpool before we changed formations. 

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'm not. It's what I'd have done too. He's better in possision and at keeping the ball in tight spaces when pressed than Pedro who often lets the ball get away from him with heavy or loose touches.

The worry for me is that on top of their pressing, we'll be outnumbered in midfield. 

I think it's less to do with Willian being better in possession than Pedro, and more to do with him being able to dribble through a press to devastating effect when he's on-form. Still a bit of a risk, though, as Pedro generally works better in our current system than Willian. That being said, high-pressing physical opponents HAVE been Pedro's (only?) weakness so far this season.

Either way, I'd expect Pedro to return against Arsenal.

8 minutes ago, -Kaplan- said:

Beat Tottenham 2-1, Man City away 3-1 and ManU 4-0 at home. Lost to Arsenal and Liverpool before we changed formations. 

Tottenham dominated us completely in the first half in that game and We got very lucky  against city ....Certainly our performance against united is excellent

Hope we maintain composure in possession in this game..and pass accurately to beat the press..if we do that we can win this game

Don't get why people are so confident here. They win and they're back up to second place.

No, they haven't been playing well recently, but they've also shown the ability to be a good team.

2 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

Don't get why people are so confident here. They win and they're back up to second place.

No, they haven't been playing well recently, but they've also shown the ability to be a good team.

Think be more confident if they were playing well..huge chance for them and they know this can get things going again if they win..whereas if we're getting results wouldn't be as so fired up..hopefully we do our part!! Especially with arsenal following 

I would've gone for a 3-3-4 then taken an opiate once the players step on the field. We are indeed very predictable, and throwing all of our best attacking players at a team at once is something that'd yield some sort of new result, and it's new sorts of results we need vs the likes of Liverpool, Tottenham, City (usually). 

18 minutes ago, Leif said:

I would've gone for a 3-3-4 then taken an opiate once the players step on the field. We are indeed very predictable, and throwing all of our best attacking players at a team at once is something that'd yield some sort of new result, and it's new sorts of results we need vs the likes of Liverpool, Tottenham, City (usually). 

Indeed. 3-4-3 is suicide against high pressing teams. We escaped City, Spurs fucked us and I expect Scousers to do the same