• Batshuayi (sub)

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/29/2017 at 0:45 PM, Kieran. said:

Because he's played 400 minutes in 4 games in under 2 weeks, while having to travel from Gabon to England. 0 chance. Players from AFCoN usually get a week break or so.

Gabon is only like an hr or 2 behind UK right? Not like he'll be flying coach on easy jet either.

12 minutes ago, Kezza said:

Gabon is only like an hr or 2 behind UK right? Not like he'll be flying coach on easy jet either.

Also to add to Kieran's points, he has been playing in 30 degree heat and the flight time is 8 hours. There's literally no chance he'll play. In fact, I hope he does play!!

10 minutes ago, We Hate Scouse said:

Also to add to Kieran's points, he has been playing in 30 degree heat and the flight time is 8 hours. There's literally no chance he'll play. In fact, I hope he does play!!

I agree with the playing time/conditions. But the flight is irrelevant imo. The jet is probably more comfortable than my office chair or even my bed. I'm sure Klopp will ask him if he's ready, and he'll say yes regardless due to the calibre of the game. Whether he plays or not is a win/win for us 

2 hours ago, -Kaplan- said:

Against every team we ever play: " they'll play the match of their lives against us." 😒

No matter how shite the other team is. 

But we mean it this time. THIS IS THE REAL TEST. 

But seriously though, Liverpool are playing below their quality lately and the return of a guy like Mane will boost their moral. 

Beat pool and arsenal and we are looking good for the title. 

1 hour ago, Chelsea? said:

But we mean it this time. THIS IS THE REAL TEST. 

But seriously though, Liverpool are playing below their quality lately and the return of a guy like Mane will boost their moral. 

Beat pool and arsenal and we are looking good for the title. 

Mané's own morale must be shot to shits. Not to mention the guy is absolutely knackered. 

If Liverhampton start the guy it'll just show how reliant and desperate they are on him. 

I can't remember who, but someone mentioned that Liverpool's midfielders have been playing out of position with Mane gone. If that's true, him being back has more to do with what that means for the rest of the players rather than his individual performance. 

10 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

I can't remember who, but someone mentioned that Liverpool's midfielders have been playing out of position with Mane gone. If that's true, him being back has more to do with what that means for the rest of the players rather than his individual performance. 

Doesn't matter. We're the better team, if we play up to par we win.

They will press us the whole damn time. They and Klopp want to prove something after those 3 defeats. They will give their all. Seriously, expect a lot of fouls and challenges from the scousers. Think Chelsea-Spurs back in may. They will play like that: fired up.

If we play them like we played Tottenham recently, we'll lose. And we'll lose big. Spurs exposed our 3-4-3 formation and tactics...for a team like Liverpool who also press the hell out of their opponents, they might get the better of us. And to be honest, if we play 3-4-3 I think we're going down. Our midfield will get flooded by 'Pool players.

I'd play 3-5-2. Same defence and Alonso and Moses as wingbacks but a midfield with Matic staying back, N'Golo as B2B but with Fabregas staying forward creating changes and Costa and Hazard as false 9. 

19 minutes ago, appiedabbie said:

Let's get a draw in this game and smash arsenal. 4 points out of 6. We'll win the league. 

Conte is not Mourinho. Mourinho went to Anfield a few months back, parked the bus 90 minutes long and got a point. It was a cowardly move by him imo. 

We come to Anfield to win. Swansea won, Southampton won and Wolves won but that was against Liverpool-B with some normal starting XI players. We need to win this one because we need to kill off the teams who are "still" our main contenders.

First Liverpool, next game we need to kill off Arsenal at the Bridge.

Like I said, not optimistic if we play 3-4-3. Spurs ended that feeling about that formation for me. 

49 minutes ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Conte is not Mourinho. Mourinho went to Anfield a few months back, parked the bus 90 minutes long and got a point. It was a cowardly move by him imo. 

We come to Anfield to win. Swansea won, Southampton won and Wolves won but that was against Liverpool-B with some normal starting XI players. We need to win this one because we need to kill off the teams who are "still" our main contenders.

First Liverpool, next game we need to kill off Arsenal at the Bridge.

Like I said, not optimistic if we play 3-4-3. Spurs ended that feeling about that formation for me. 

Playing with the rules to your advantage doesnt mean you are a coward. To the contrary...

Trying to go for the win just for the sake of it might be quite dumb. It is way more important to not lose and give Liverpool 3 points than to win. It really, really is.

There are appropriate times for being courageous and bold. This is not one of them.  

1 minute ago, Rmpr said:

Playing with the rules to your advantage doesnt mean you are a coward. To the contrary...

Trying to go for the win just for the sake of it might be quite dumb. It is way more important to not lose and give Liverpool 3 points than to win. It really, really is.

There are appropriate times for being courageous and bold. This is not one of them.  

We'll see. I trust Antonio but hope to see a different Chelsea than the Chelsea that went 2-0 down against Spurs.