test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dkim2

Virgil Van Dijk

Started by dkim2,

141 posts in this topic
6 hours ago, The Skipper said:

For LWB I would love Kurzawa, Grimaldo or even a hipster option like Jordan Amavi from Aston Villa. 

I like Amavi too, but not seen enough of him yet. He and Souare arrived in the league in 2015, both interesting players with potential. 

The Skipper likes this

15 hours ago, the wes said:

Gaya would be good upgrade 

I'm with you mate. Great playe. Very strong dender that loves going forward and would make a excellent help with Edens lack of defending skills.

I say we use the Oscar money on him ASAP cause ya just know that Shitty are gonna be all over him and every other defender going.,

With Gaya and Djik it would be a hellova strong defence.

quickpassnmove and jernej93 like this

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I'm with you mate. Great playe. Very strong dender that loves going forward and would make a excellent help with Edens lack of defending skills.

I say we use the Oscar money on him ASAP cause ya just know that Shitty are gonna be all over him and every other defender going.,

I don't follow La Liga or Valencia that much but probably his poor ratings are connected with overall poor form by Valencia? 

He should be available in January because they are close to relegation zone ;)

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Did he improve or what? Last time I was watching regulary about two years ago, he wasnt as good defender and Valencia started playing him as winger ahead of fullback in every match against better opponent. 

He was good forward tho...

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Did he improve or what? Last time I was watching regulary about two years ago, he wasnt as good defender and Valencia started playing him as winger ahead of fullback in every match against better opponent. 

He was good forward tho...

He looks lightweight to me and a bit flashy.  A lot of his game seems to be about beating his man. That's a good bonus to have on top of your basic game, but when it is your basic game that, in my opinion, is a problem if you are projected to play as a wingback.

The Skipper likes this

15 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

He looks lightweight to me and a bit flashy.  A lot of his game seems to be about beating his man. That's a good bonus to have on top of your basic game, but when it is your basic game that, in my opinion, is a problem if you are projected to play as a wingback.

He's lightweight, yes, but maybe he can work as a wingback.

I feel pretty certain that Conte is not only an excellent tactician and manager, but also he knows what to look for to improve our side at FB/WB and CM.

I love this potential change because it's in those areas that we've been lacking at Chelsea for years.  It's also what prevents us from becoming a top contender in all competitions. Will probably be looking for a new winger/RF in the summer.

I don't really care how much we spend. We've seen the amount being paid for defenders and he is far better than a lot who went in that 35-60 mil range. 

The guy is the real deal. Get him on the team. We need a big presence, and simply need the numbers when one of our back 3 is suspended or injured. The list of players we have to alternate is very thin back there. 

3 hours ago, Thor said:

I don't really care how much we spend. We've seen the amount being paid for defenders and he is far better than a lot who went in that 35-60 mil range. 

The guy is the real deal. Get him on the team. We need a big presence, and simply need the numbers when one of our back 3 is suspended or injured. The list of players we have to alternate is very thin back there. 

I don't want this fella at all, so the price doesn't come into it for me.

In my opinion he is reasonably sound defensively but overrated in possession. Koulibally has signed a new contract, and is presumedly more out of reach than ever now, but van Dijk is a poor alternative.

The way I look at it is theres only been 3 or 4 players in our recent history that we have all agreed was a great player and most of the others had their good and bad points,

But Conte has a history of puttung together excellent defences, Our current one is a perfect example.

So I reckon if he says that he wants the guy, whether hes £6mill or £60 mill then we do what we can to get the guy!

lucio likes this

6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

But Conte has a history of puttung together excellent defences, Our current one is a perfect example.

So I reckon if he says that he wants the guy, whether hes £6mill or £60 mill then we do what we can to get the guy!

Exactly my thoughts too. A lot of people were bashing Conte for signing Luiz, but look how that turned out. I trust him 100% with the transfers.

Unionjack and Fernando like this

1 hour ago, It's too big said:

Is he really worth that?

He is if he does the job yeah. Conte must think so. I never saw him as one to pay big money for players but we shall see eh

Some metal music just came on and this guy came to mind. I picture him breaking limbs ruthlessly like Kane when he first entered WWF. 

Adnane likes this

Jose Fonte has handed in a transfer request at Southampton...No chance Van Dijk moves in this window unless he follows by handing in a request and REALLY pushes for the move. Price just went up also.