Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

Should have decided the match today. This is why imo he will never be an absolute top striker. Top strikers score when it matters most which are exactly the kind of situations where Tammy is most wasteful. Maybe lamps will eventually iron it out but a striker who loses his cool just when it matters most is exactly what you don’t want. He will always score enough, don’t get me wrong but sometimes it’s not only about how many you score but how many you miss.

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Should have decided the match today. This is why imo he will never be an absolute top striker. Top strikers score when it matters most which are exactly the kind of situations where Tammy is most wasteful. Maybe lamps will eventually iron it out but a striker who loses his cool just when it matters most is exactly what you don’t want. He will always score enough, don’t get me wrong but sometimes it’s not only about how many you score but how many you miss.

Maybe he'll get there one day and while he's not the only inconsistent player in the team, we're living and dying by Abraham's goals. He has 13 league goals overall this season, which is decent when you look at it, but he's scored only 3 goals in his last 10 league games. That's not good. 

Maybe he'll get there one day and while he's not the only inconsistent player in the team, we're living and dying by Abraham's goals. He has 13 league goals overall this season, which is decent when you look at it, but he's scored only 3 goals in his last 10 league games. That's not good. 
All comes down to lack of competition. Giroud has been a write off since the Super Cup & Michy isn't going to scratch any itch with minutes.

A move needs to be made by 31/1.

Just now, LAM09 said:

All comes down to lack of competition. Giroud has been a write off since the Super Cup & Michy isn't going to scratch any itch with minutes.

A move needs to be made by 31/1.

Perhaps it's with the benefit of hindsight but Lampard's management of Giroud this season has been pathetic. He could have been a useful Plan B against deep defensive teams like today but has somehow been ditched after that Super Cup game. And he actually did well in that game too!

2 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

He needs some serious competition, he needs to be pushed. Michy is certainly not that man and Giroud? Well I have not seen him in ages.

Don't disagree but is it really just the competition factor? He certainly lacks the killer touch, the decisive quality at the moment and we're paying the price for it. He needs like 10 chances to score 1 goal in a game.

Perhaps it's with the benefit of hindsight but Lampard's management of Giroud this season has been pathetic. He could have been a useful Plan B against deep defensive teams like today but has somehow been ditched after that Super Cup game. And he actually did well in that game too!
I'm sure the constant digs from Deschamps have played a part as well.

Just now, LAM09 said:
4 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'm sure the constant digs from Deschamps have played a part as well.

But Giroud was ditched long before those digs came, no? He was still getting OK game time when that Sept international break came about but Lampard just started going all in on Abraham. 

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

He certainly lacks the killer touch, the decisive quality at the moment and we're paying the price for it. He needs like 10 chances to score 1 goal in a game.

Totally agree with everything. We are left with nothing but hoping that he will improve in that regard because it seems that until summer, it is just him for now.

But Giroud was ditched long before those digs came, no? He was still getting OK game time when that Sept international break came about but Lampard just started going all in on Abraham. 
There's so many needless INT breaks, I'm unsure tbh.

Either way, this sort of management isn't ideal unless shit has hit the fan prior (Luiz situation).

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

There's so many needless INT breaks, I'm unsure tbh.

Either way, this sort of management isn't ideal unless shit has hit the fan prior (Luiz situation).

The funny thing is, even Sarri managed to make good use of Giroud last season despite seemingly playing a football style that doesn't suit him. But Lampard...? :doh: 

The funny thing is, even Sarri managed to make good use of Giroud last season despite seemingly playing a football style that doesn't suit him. But Lampard...? :doh: 
Did not Giroud have his best Performances against lower Teams in EL? In PL, he looked lost

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Did not Giroud have his best Performances against lower Teams in EL? In PL, he looked lost

He was mostly used in the Europa League but the point is Sarri still found use in him.

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

This guy costed us 2 points at Brighton as well. Absolutely bang average but hey according to someone he is our main striker for the next 10 years.

He scored less but our team in general is playing worse than before.

9 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I hate to be right about him. I said in August my biggest concern is that he's Lukaku type of player. Scores a lot of goals but genuinely fans are not happy with him and is missing in all the big games. But he's our best striker and won the battle for his place in the team to be one of our two strikers next season. Hopefully as second choice.