Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

38 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
40 minutes ago, Special Juan said:
Yes I was, I just don't think he is what we need now.

Fair enough. I still believe he's a decent CF to have but far from starting quality at a Top 4 club.

We're like a combination of Arsenal and Spurs (in their early Pochettino days) at the moment.

11 hours ago, Stats said:

Here we go. No patience and fickle fans. Some of things I read are embarrassing. Abraham has not been that good recently, although he done very well against Spurs despite not scoring. It happens but to call him mediocre. Just pathetic some of the things I read on here. Not surprised anyway. It will take on game for 'supporters' to turn once again.

I have never understood why any Chelsea fan would ever call a Chelsea player Shit. (As was done in the post to which you replied.) Not even Chris Sutton got that from me and believe me, I never knew how furious I could get until the day we signed him.

The reality is, despite the goals, Tammy is not the answer for us up front. My statement might be softened if I said that he isn't the answer 'at the moment', but, from his academy days on, I've never believed. I did not, and do not, believe that Tammy would help us become the team we want to be. I won't therefore hide behind well meaning words now. Perhaps there's a role for Tammy as one of our squad options. Not sure that he would, or should, want that role though.

This is a weird thread. Tammy is fine, he is still young but so far he has been good. It doesn't mean that we don't need to sign another striker, because we do. They key, is the level of striker that we should target. If you sign a Diego Costa, you pretty much can say goodbye to Tammy. If you sign another young striker, they pretty much will stop each other development. 

Why would washed up dregs like Costa mean we can say goodbye to Tammy?

And no, I do NOT want Costa back, hell no no no

What type of CF do you suggest?

I am all in for Werner, even though I doubt he comes this summer

RB will not let him go in January and I doubt he wants to go anywhere now either

Jovic loan with option to buy is my 2nd choice

Arse want Moussa Dembele, as they know they are losing either Aubameyang or Lacazette this summer, probably Aubameyang, who turns 31yo in June and wants one last big payout

Lautaro Martínez is out of our price range I fear

and doubt he would come here anyway

I think we will end up with Callum Wilson if I had to be pinned down and we miss out on Werner, he turns 28yo in 2 months, so is also looking for his last big club chance in his prime, and is not like Aubameyang, who is far higher in quality still

Wilson coming at the end of day will cause some heads to explode here perhaps

I see the club trying to stockpile British players, due to probable new anti-foreign player rules coming in by the FA once Brexit hammers home

from a year ago

English FA to cut foreign players in Premier League - report

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-england-fa-brexit/english-fa-to-cut-foreign-players-in-premier-league-report-idUSKCN1NI031

LONDON (Reuters) - In a bid to deal with Brexit and boost the number of homegrown players, the English Football Association (FA) is planning to reduce the number of overseas players in Premier League squads to 12 from 17, the Times newspaper reported on Tuesday.

The proposal, to be put to the clubs this week, would mean significant changes to a number of sides. Thirteen clubs have more than 12 overseas players in their first team squads this season.

The FA would in return agree to give a governing body endorsement, usually issued for a non-EU/European Economic Area elite player to help the development of football in England, for a work permit for every foreign player who gets a contract with a Premier League club, the report said.

If the clubs fail to reach agreement with the FA on Brexit, they could face a “no-deal” scenario where all EU players would have to fulfil the same criteria that non-EU players do now to get a work permit, the report added.

snip

they also want to make the cutoff age for homegrown 3 years before 18 instead of 21

so only 15 year olds would qualify, and youth players cannot come across national borders under the rules until 16 except under exceptional circumstances, so that would smash that all to hell

lol, you think a UK premium is bad now!!!!

eeeek

This is a weird thread. Tammy is fine, he is still young but so far he has been good. It doesn't mean that we don't need to sign another striker, because we do. They key, is the level of striker that we should target. If you sign a Diego Costa, you pretty much can say goodbye to Tammy. If you sign another young striker, they pretty much will stop each other development. 
Costa was a Great striker but this is a Chelsea without Cesc and Hazard, so he would struggle scoring goals

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

15 hours ago, killer1257 said:

I don't know how many times you watched him play, but he never plays as a Target man and he played it for Germany and was horrible and that is why he plays as a winger for the German National Team. Even Gnabry plays Target man because Werner just does not cut it. He is too weak and not the most technicaly gifted striker.

This is quite interesting, you’re right. Werner has played his whole top flight career in a two up top with Poulsen, essentially. Poulsen in some respects shares Tammy’s unique qualities, in that he’s tall and strong but also very mobile, pacy and hard working. From what I’ve seem/know it seems Poulsen can link up more naturally than Tammy but is less of a goalscorer. Tammy is naturally more of a goalscorer but the link up is something he has worked on/still working on. In either case I think both work hard on improving the deficiencies in their game. 

Anyway, just saying this as if Werner came in, it could well be worth considering him and Tammy up front together. 

This is quite interesting, you’re right. Werner has played his whole top flight career in a two up top with Poulsen, essentially. Poulsen in some respects shares Tammy’s unique qualities, in that he’s tall and strong but also very mobile, pacy and hard working. From what I’ve seem/know it seems Poulsen can link up more naturally than Tammy but is less of a goalscorer. Tammy is naturally more of a goalscorer but the link up is something he has worked on/still working on. In either case I think both work hard on improving the deficiencies in their game. 

Anyway, just saying this as if Werner came in, it could well be worth considering him and Tammy up front together. 
Yes that is why I said that he is no Target man. It blows my mind away that these Chelsea experts in this forum think that he is better than Tammy as a Target man, which he is clearly not. Werner is a very good Second striker, but lacks in passing abilities (Werner improved his passing past couple of Matches) and physicality (which is not a must for a Second striker, but as a Target man it helps big time). I have seen him play as a Target man and he was horrible because of his defiencies. This guy plays Bundesliga and Bundesliga is not Anywhere the Level of PL, especially not in the physicality aspects of the game.

Having Werner and Switching to 4-4-2 would be an Option, even though I Really do not like having two strikers in front.
I prefer having one extra man in midfield, but that is up to Frank.

7 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Costa was a Great striker but this is a Chelsea without Cesc and Hazard, so he would struggle scoring goals

You can argue that Costa was the best striker in epl when he was here. That is the level that I am talking about. 

You can argue that Costa was the best striker in epl when he was here. That is the level that I am talking about. 
Yeah he was the best because prime Cesc and Hazard were here. They both have assisted Costa a couple of times and Costa benifited of that. Our strikers don't have the luck to play with them.

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Yeah he was the best because prime Cesc and Hazard were here. They both have assisted Costa a couple of times and Costa benifited of that. Our strikers don't have the luck to play with them.

If you think that Diego is just an average striker and only good because we have hazard and fab then I give up. 

If you think that Diego is just an average striker and only good because we have hazard and fab then I give up. 
Costa was World class back then, but he had Cesc back to help him. Have you seen Cescs passes to Costa? These were not average passes we are talking about.

44 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Costa was World class back then, but he had Cesc back to help him. Have you seen Cescs passes to Costa? These were not average passes we are talking about.

Fabregas, the best passer I have seen at this club, but take nothing away from Costa - many of those outstanding passes he still had work to do to get the goals, often times he did it brilliantly. Tammy, with prime Hazard and Fabregas, would have quite a few more goals I reckon.

Fabregas, the best passer I have seen at this club, but take nothing away from Costa - many of those outstanding passes he still had work to do to get the goals, often times he did it brilliantly. Tammy, with prime Hazard and Fabregas, would have quite a few more goals I reckon.
Costa scored 20 goals with prime Hazard and prime Cesc in PL in his first Season.

Costa only scored 12 goals with a out of shape Hazard and a inconsistent Cesc in his second Season.

Costa than scored again 20 goals under Conte with a prime Hazard and Cesc.

Tammy has scored 11 without prime Hazard and Cesc and Tammy has still half Season to go. Tammy only received one Fabrepass this season and that was from Jorgi and he scored. People make it out that Chelsea is this World class Creative Team where Tammy has to score 50 goals a Season...
He is only 9 goals away from Costa and Costa had Way better players.

30 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Costa scored 20 goals with prime Hazard and prime Cesc in PL in his first Season.

Costa only scored 12 goals with a out of shape Hazard and a inconsistent Cesc in his second Season.

Costa than scored again 20 goals under Conte with a prime Hazard and Cesc.

Tammy has scored 11 without prime Hazard and Cesc and Tammy has still half Season to go. Tammy only received one Fabrepass this season and that was from Jorgi and he scored. People make it out that Chelsea is this World class Creative Team where Tammy has to score 50 goals a Season...
He is only 9 goals away from Costa and Costa had Way better players.

Costa was doing more than just scoring, he was a fucking tank. That pass to Willian in the City game was incredible, not even comparable with Tammy, I'd be shocked if he reaches 15 by the end of the season.