Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

19 hours ago, Jason said:

You’re right but that’s a bit like praising Torres for working hard when he did F all in terms of scoring. At the end of the day, Abraham is a striker. He needs to score goals. That’s the reality. I know he’s still young and all that but he has really missed some guilt edge opportunities this season. Yesterday’s first half header and the 1-on-1 against Liverpool at the Bridge come to mind. He’s not the only problem but he’s one of the main problems why we aren’t putting chances away and killing teams off. 

And what about if he didnt score all the goals he has this season? Where would we be? Abraham can still get better but he is more exempt from criticism than some of the other players this season in my eyes, he had a shocker in the PL for Swansea, went to the championship - done well again and has improved even more so again this season scoring a lot of goals for us.

He has arguably carried our team in terms of goalscoring this season. The likes of Mason Mount, Willian, Hudson-Odoi, Barkley, Pedro, Giroud and Batshuayi should all be doing more when they play (or if FL would play them maybe theyd take some burden off him) and contributing with goals.

Its nothing like comparing him to Torres for winning a corner (and for all the corners that Torres would of won us anyway, half his shots cleared the bar or posts and more than half his dribbles he rsn out of play).... I am sure when Costa didn't score goals but found other ways to affect a game in a positive way not a word was said by many fans...

You said hes only scored 3 in his last 11 but how many others in our squad have scored more than that in their last 11 as well? Striker or not he needs help. Aguero has Sterling, Sane, Silva etc to chip in with goals. Kane has Son, Lucas, Dele who can chip in with goals. We have got Mount, Willian and Barkley who arent really big scorers traditionally although MMs record in Holland and championship was decent and I would have expected more in that department from him.

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Wait what? He scored 13 goals and extra 3 assists in his first PL season for Chelsea. 

If you are talking clear chances, Suarez is one of the most frustrating players because he missed so many chances aswell, but its all about how many you score in the end. 

And Chelsea as a whole has been pretty crap for the past few weeks if not months now, Tammy is one of the players who are the least to be blamed. First it goes on the defence, we concede left and right. Kepa and entire backline is terrible whole season but recently its even worse.

Abraham might have 13 goals in the league this season but he has scored only 3 in his last 11 appearances and if I want to be cynical, I'd say he got lucky with his last one because of a Nick Pope blunder.

The defenders and attackers share equal blame for the mess we are in, not one more than the other when neither department are functioning well. We look like conceding every time we have to defend and we are struggling to put away chances when we create them. 

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

And what about if he didnt score all the goals he has this season? Where would we be? Abraham can still get better but he is more exempt from criticism than some of the other players this season in my eyes, he had a shocker in the PL for Swansea, went to the championship - done well again and has improved even more so again this season scoring a lot of goals for us.

He has arguably carried our team in terms of goalscoring this season. The likes of Mason Mount, Willian, Hudson-Odoi, Barkley, Pedro, Giroud and Batshuayi should all be doing more when they play (or if FL would play them maybe theyd take some burden off him) and contributing with goals.

Its nothing like comparing him to Torres for winning a corner (and for all the corners that Torres would of won us anyway, half his shots cleared the bar or posts and more than half his dribbles he rsn out of play).... I am sure when Costa didn't score goals but found other ways to affect a game in a positive way not a word was said by many fans...

You said hes only scored 3 in his last 11 but how many others in our squad have scored more than that in their last 11 as well? Striker or not he needs help. Aguero has Sterling, Sane, Silva etc to chip in with goals. Kane has Son, Lucas, Dele who can chip in with goals. We have got Mount, Willian and Barkley who arent really big scorers traditionally although MMs record in Holland and championship was decent and I would have expected more in that department from him.

Spin it in which ever way you want but it doesn't change the fact that Abraham is our primary source of goals and in the last few months, the return hasn't been good enough. Abraham is not the only problem for our goalscoring issue but he is one of them, more so than others because he's the striker. It's a reason why Lampard, us fans have been crying out for someone clinical to score the goals upfront. Heck, even you would have no qualm about replacing Abraham upfront if we sign someone like Cavani this month. 

On 19/01/2020 at 5:36 AM, NikkiCFC said:

I hate to be right about him. I said in August my biggest concern is that he's Lukaku type of player. Scores a lot of goals but genuinely fans are not happy with him and is missing in all the big games. But he's our best striker and won the battle for his place in the team to be one of our two strikers next season. Hopefully as second choice. 

I was never a fan of Rom's. When we signed him I posted that he 'shouldn't be here'. When he was sold I was fine with it, and when he was slated to return I was dead against it. Rom is a better player than Tammy.

Lacks that killer instinct, and that header he had the other night is what I mean. Even Giroud would of buried that.

Giroud is un droppable for France and scores nigh on all the time, so if we don't sell him and sign nobody up top Frank has to swallow his pride and start Giroud.

Lacks that killer instinct, and that header he had the other night is what I mean. Even Giroud would of buried that.
Giroud is un droppable for France and scores nigh on all the time, so if we don't sell him and sign nobody up top Frank has to swallow his pride and start Giroud.
Isn't Giroud the one that did not have one goal in the WC and did not even have a shot on target?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

On 23/01/2020 at 7:38 AM, Jason said:

Spin it in which ever way you want but it doesn't change the fact that Abraham is our primary source of goals and in the last few months, the return hasn't been good enough. Abraham is not the only problem for our goalscoring issue but he is one of them, more so than others because he's the striker. It's a reason why Lampard, us fans have been crying out for someone clinical to score the goals upfront. Heck, even you would have no qualm about replacing Abraham upfront if we sign someone like Cavani this month. 

Yes if somebody much better came along I would go for it. We need to. He needs the competition and we need another more than capable striker. 

Yes hes the striker but above all else this is his first spell in the PL at a big side, he was always gonna go on a barren run at somepoint, hes still young and hasnt scored reguarly bar at Championship and youth level his whole career. Its as if people assumed him and Mount were gonna coast the PL based off a few seasons of championship and dutch football... they are struggling but because we are short and Franks mismanaged certain squad players, they will continue to play.

Lampard and the board will take a lot of blame if we cannot get somebody in this month to reduce the pressure/burden on Tammy. That is my honest opinion. I do think Lamps was naive to basically throw Giroud aside after a month, if he had played more he might have been able to offer more in certain games. 

I am getting worried if we are forced to rely on just Tammy upfront and we continue to dominate games but not score, dropping easy points in small games, the other teams will smell blood and eventually leap frog us which despite their current state of affairs I dont think is so unforeseeable. If that happens, surely it means 2 things, no CL and potentially no FL at the helm especially if we go from 4th to outside it. Other managers have been let go for the same things (Villas-Boas).

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I am getting worried if we are forced to rely on just Tammy upfront and we continue to dominate games but not score, dropping easy points in small games, the other teams will smell blood and eventually leap frog us which despite their current state of affairs I dont think is so unforeseeable. If that happens, surely it means 2 things, no CL and potentially no FL at the helm especially if we go from 4th to outside it. Other managers have been let go for the same things (Villas-Boas).

I completely understand why Lampard quickly decided that Giroud didn't suit how Lampard wanted to play with the front players pressing and intensity and pace to the play.

I think where Lampard probably has got it wrong though is as the season has wore on and we've been struggling breaking teams down through the middle and are being forced to play out wide much more, Giroud then becomes much more of a plan B option against deep defences. I think this is where Lampard probably should have re-considered the role Giroud has at the club and maybe be a short term second choice ahead of Batshuayi.

Ultimately though I don't think either of them are good enough, and whether it is this month or in the summer we definitely need a much better striker to compete with Tammy for the starting spot in the team.

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Other managers have been let go for the same things (Villas-Boas).

You forgot another reason - AVB lost the dressing room. That's not the case here with Lampard. 

In any case, we were in danger of losing the Top 4 under Conte (2nd season) and Sarri but the board didn't do anything until the end of the season. 

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

You forgot another reason - AVB lost the dressing room. That's not the case here with Lampard. 

In any case, we were in danger of losing the Top 4 under Conte (2nd season) and Sarri but the board didn't do anything until the end of the season. 

You also forgot another reason- AVB was a terrible manager back in the day. Despite Lampard huge flaws, he is a better manager than 2012 AVB.

On 23/01/2020 at 8:38 AM, Jason said:

Abraham is not the only problem for our goalscoring issue but he is one of them, more so than others because he's the striker. 

He would really use some help tbh. I mean our second best goalscorer is Jorginho!? Take away his penalties Azpi is one goal away to share third place in terms of goalscorers. Mental. 

Michy, Giroud, CHO, Pedro and Barkley have together two PL goals and both came when it was already game over. They are five from our nine most offensive players. Add to that Mount who scored one goal in the last 4 months. Pulisic also didn't score for a while, Willian was never someone we could count on. 

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Perhaps but its also true to say that a big reason why he lost the dressing room because of his reluctance to use senior players more (despite many people at the time thinking they werent at their best), Lamps, Drogba, Anelka etc, even when things werent going well or others underperformed (Mount almost undroppable despite offering nothing in recent weeks, very familar with Torres, Bosingwa and Luiz under AVB).

Frank hasnt alienated anyone but his use of Giroud, Barkley, Alonso and Pedro this season, who are more senior personnel in the squad is odd considering how some others have played in those positions. Plus the likes of Pedro and Giroud have won a lot between them, they are good pros so he has to be wary of not looking too far ahead when he has these guys here and now. I think his recruitment ideas of Sancho and Chillwell in the summer, is dangerous because there are no guarantees with them coming and he has other players he can use in those positions to bring others who have underperformed out.

25 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Perhaps but its also true to say that a big reason why he lost the dressing room because of his reluctance to use senior players more (despite many people at the time thinking they werent at their best), Lamps, Drogba, Anelka etc, even when things werent going well or others underperformed (Mount almost undroppable despite offering nothing in recent weeks, very familar with Torres, Bosingwa and Luiz under AVB).

Frank hasnt alienated anyone but his use of Giroud, Barkley, Alonso and Pedro this season, who are more senior personnel in the squad is odd considering how some others have played in those positions. Plus the likes of Pedro and Giroud have won a lot between them, they are good pros so he has to be wary of not looking too far ahead when he has these guys here and now.

But the reputation of Lampard, Drogba, Anelka is different to Giroud, Barkley, Alonso, Pedro in each different team's dressing room, no?

I agree on Giroud and Pedro. But I don't think there's any wrong with his use of Barkley and Alonso. Barkley had his disciplinary issues earlier this season and his injury problems. Alonso played well at times but also had disastrous performances at times and had injuries. Them two haven't been tossed aside like Giroud/Pedro.