John Terry

DavidEU

23 minutes ago, Spike said:

I didn't say monsters or terrible people, so please don't  put that in my  mouth. I said cretin which means stupid or idiot. I think you believe the word cretin is far worse than it actually is.

Tbh, I genuinely did. My bad. 

4 minutes ago, Styles said:

Sorry for the late reply, been watching the Bulls-Clippers game but some quick responses.

"the club can't please the fans all the time"

yeah but they can offer our only remaining legend another year though right?

People that run our club, ex Sibneft employees, Abramovich arse lickers.

-They dont seem to learn  -got rid of Cech, Lampard, Drogba too early and now Terry.  Sack managers in corridors straight after games, the Benitez farce, and how Robbie was treated, and if if what we're hearing tonight is true -got rid of Terry by texting his agent.

Disgusting. Either Roman doesnt have a clue how fans feel or what they want, or he just doesnt care.

7 minutes ago, Styles said:

Sorry for the late reply, been watching the Bulls-Clippers game but some quick responses.

Actually agree with large chuncks of that (on tablet now so can't discuss with length) but my main point is, how do you conclude from what  you wrote that what the club needs to do now is let JT go at the end of this season instead of give him at least one more season, sign a couple of defenders in the summer, give him a much reduced role, let him help the new defenders settle in and keep him as back in case of injuries or if new defenders flop, then let him go at the end of next season if all goes to plan? 

4 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Actually agree with large chuncks of that (on tablet now so can't discuss with length) but my main point is, how do you conclude from what  you wrote that what the club needs to do now is let JT go at the end of this season instead of give him at least one more season, sign a couple of defenders in the summer, give him a much reduced role, let him help the new defenders settle in and keep him as back in case of injuries or if new defenders flop, then let him go at the end of next season if all goes to plan? 

In my first post in this thread after the news broke, I said knowing Terry as a player he won't settle for a back-up role. A new manager trying to (well, hopefully) implement a new style of play and have control of the group can do without the potential headache of a sulking player who has huge influence.

Leader, legend, captain etc I absolutely get it but now is as good a time as any for him to leave imo.

29 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

Tbh, I genuinely did. My bad. 

Let me just clear the air with how I feel.

1. He is the best CB at the club.
  2. The club has the right to release him.
  3. I do in fact really like JT as the player but I'm unsure about his less than ideal actions in the past.
  4. He shouldn't be approaching the situation like this. He should prove why he is the best by continuing to be so on the pitch.
  5. He should have convinced them in private.
  6. While he has his failings he is truly an inspirational part of the club.
  7. His past actions have brought a lot of bad reputation to the club
  8. He does have a larger then life presence at the club and could be seen as threatening by the board. It almost feels similar to how Fergie had a strangle hold on Man Utd.
  9. It isn't the end of the world.

The only condition that makes this completely okay is if Ivanovic is sold and that remains to be seen. If this is the beginning of another rebuild of the club similar from 2011 to 2014 then I'm okay. I've stated before that during those years the club was building something up as an attacking teams, you can only look at some of the major transfers. Hazard, Mata, de Bruyne, Azpilicueta, Lukaku, Schurrle, Romeu, and Cahill among others.

29 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Could accept that apart from

1) He's the best defender we have, and sulking is not in his nature.
2) Last season played every minute of every game, fitness not an issue, he's never had pace, best reader of the game
3) No European football next year we'll struggle to attract the top signings
4) Giving Ivan a new contract on his current form and not giving JT a one year extension is ludicrous
5) We don't have a manager yet and the current one suggested last week a new one would be offered? So, who the fuck is making the decisions?

1) Best defender, sure. But then who is the competition? A young Zouma and Cahill. Not quite Maldini and Nesta.

2) This season he has struggled a lot.

3) No European football isn't a death sentence.

4 and 5) perhaps we actually do have a manager signed up for next season who is already making moves behind the scenes. Maybe he's the one who doesn't want Terry and wants to keep Ivanovic as a CB?!?!?!

Fucking hell, JT can't ever go a season without making headlines can he?..

I don't really get it. 29 yo Cahill gets a long-term contract but doesn't play, Terry's 35 can't get a year and is playing every match.

Key's in the age though, 35 and the club's trying to make a massive improvement with average age in key positions. Been an honour watching this man lead us through the enormous uplift this club has endured over the decade, through the lows of Moscow to the highs of Munich (somewhat, see opening sentence ;) )

He'll be back, that I've got no doubt about. He knows only Chelsea, he is Chelsea.

Bitter blow for us, this is taking a massive chunk out of the actually 'identity' of the club. Kind of exciting to an extent, although it will take a long time to get over him, modern football won't make another JT, ever. That's that.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

This is what I think happen. This will serve as a slap to the backs of the heads of the people making decisions. 

I don't think so.

They did it with Lampard in 2013, but I don't think this is one they'll be doing. Lampard was contributing with goals and made a more obvious case than Terry will be able to, he's unfortunately dispensable for Chelsea now.

It's not like we can't say it wasn't coming. Drogba, Lampard, Cole, Drogba again and then Cech last season? The Champions League winning team is now over, the club has taken a lot longer than it should have to revamp this team. It's not even over yet.

1 hour ago, Spike said:

You aren't changing my opinion on infidelity just because a lot of people do it. A cretin is a stupid person, and I think it is stupid to cheat. There ya go.

I already mentioned the bold part.

These are footballers we are talking about though, take away a few exceptions, and each single one of them is probably a dysfunctional human being for modern standards, from the illiterate, to the unfaithful, to the bully and so on and so on.

From the sound of things, Terry isn't a role model for how he leads his personal life and he's probably trying to get a reaction from the fans with those statements to the press, don't appreciate that much, but i doubt it's because of greediness/money.

That said, from a footballing point of view/his life as a professional, letting him go like this is outrageous.
It's like having the best civil engineer building your house, i doubt you'd care about his private life, but you'd go check his professional record.