test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

Closed Man City 3-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match?   122 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

265 posts in this topic

If you're not moving forward, you're going backward. Other big teams make big purchases and we expect to get by with taking Falcao on loan. We needed a really big summer signing like a Pogba, Bale, or Griezmann to really catapult ourselves into Europe's elite. Instead we've remained stagnant and are seriosuly risking getting caught domestically. There's no reason to feel good about our current situation. Headed in the wrong direction.

ZOS and bluezola25 like this

Much better in the second half but boy was that first half shocking. The bad transfer window is truly worrying, Mourinho's tactics lately have been even more worrying... and I'm one of his biggest supporters. I think we've been found out for good, you just can't expect a team to struggle even if we park the bus anymore. Basically, when you're playing ultra defensive and you're still predictable, you have the perfect recipe for disaster. The fact that we had zero shots on target until like the 70th minute is actually quite an impressive feat. I just can't see this team progressing like this.

WNDS, TheIceMan and MichaelDance like this

An absolute disgrace. Shambles from the first minute of the game.

When people here were calling for Mourihno's head, I brush it off and ignore their posts but I am beginning to see where they are coming from. Jose lost the plot entirely. You cannot, I repeat cannot start Ivanovic. He is done. He has served his course. And yet he keeps playing him. Why? Is it because we have no replacement? Then what the fuck are you doing? Spend on Stones ASAP! If he costs 40m, so be it.

We are in danger. FIVE points behind City, we are losing ground.

"Calm down dumbass, it's only the second game!" Fuck off. 5 points behind, had a poor 2nd half of last season in terms of performance but got lucky wins, now that performance has been transferred to the preseason but even WORSE as suddenly we forgot how to defend and now the season has started, no changes.

The season has started. Every point counts, regardless whether it's the beginning of the season or not. Now we have to play catch up to City and they are on fire. It's going to be difficult catching up with them.

I've seen enough. We are not going to win any trophy this season shall we continue doing these terrible performances. We forgot how to win games let alone defend.

Fabregas has lost his magic and slow. Hazard being quiet yet again, although people may argue that it's because he is surrounded by shitty teammates to perform well. Bullshit. Bale was surrounded by crappy Spuds players and showed a massive impact in games. That doesn't fly with me. Ramires can't hit a barn door, Costa instead of scoring is just being a thug...

And we have this medical team drama on top of things. I don't know why this is all happening! Why is this team so dysfunctional? We are suppose to aim for the CL this season and already looks like we are throwing it out the window.

Terrible game today. But it's not really surprising for any Chelsea fan who has their eyes opened since that 16 year old player scored in the preseason game.

Muzchap likes this

Jose Mourinho addressed taking Terry off. he said there was no injury and it was HE who gave Terry his chance. Ivanovic gets armband and plays full match and lazily contributed to two goals. jose picks on medical staff and now Terry. this is going to go back real fast

couris and MichaelDance like this

Stones and Rahman will not help our lethargic attacking or lessen the amount of space Cesc gives to top quality opposition. Though playing a higher line with Zouma certainly helped, the likes of Cuadrado and Falcao do the opposite of helping.

I think only a Koké or Griezmann type signing has the potential to really change our dynamics. Hell, even if we got Schneiderlin to replace Ramires in the bigger games it would've made a big difference - we could've easily snipped him from United. Everyone thinks we've missed the bus this transfer window and it looks like that is exactly what has happened.

FabHazard likes this

Another absolute piss poor performance where we have whimpered like a new born dog in the corner.

Ivanovic with an absolute shocking display, and as I predicted this was coming, to end a quite laughable week for this football club. Not one positive, not any sign of anything changing soon...

the problem we have is that if we drop Ivan we have to put Aza to right back as we have no other right back... that leaves us no one to play left back as we sold Bertrand and van Arnolt Ake can play there but for me he is not a left back rather a midfielder.

Stones and Rahman will not help our lethargic attacking or lessen the amount of space Cesc gives to top quality opposition.

But it will stop a humiliating result like we've witnessed today!!

Look some of today's players are ok, namely the two goalkeepers and Eden.
Some more could also prove useful such as Matic
But to rebuild such teams you need to buy everything you can lay your hands on. Also introduce players from the youth squads if good enough.
That's the only possible future.
Let's all consider this as the established fact of the present situation.
We need moral and determination.
Suppose something else. Suppose we are relegated this season and come back in the next. Everybody here will be happy - that's for certain.
That proves something. It proves when we work we can face up to all challenges.
The enemy is moan and grumble and also statements to the effect "I 'm going to win the champions league with this team of boer war veterans I have". It does n't work that way - only brings disorientation.

Ivanovic and ramires should not be anywhere near the starting eleven

We need a midfielder who can play the david luiz role in the midfield...big strong powerful player with decent passing range..

also a CB who can cope with highline.

Costa was awful...

Surprisingly we had 50.7% possession...Attacking positions of our players is not good. team became complacent...we need to practise organised attacks

Talking about sacking of mourinho is immature...every manager makes mistakes..hopefully he and the team learn from this and try to improve..

Let's not forget we also have a -3 goal difference. I can't remember a time we were below 0 in goal difference.

Already had a bad feeling before this match.

We let the whole BPL Teams learn us A LOT from last season already without making tactic and player adjustment (read: fresh blood!), yet we can't show them a Champion's mentality as well. This is our biggest loophole at the moment.

Very... very poor first half performance, get better in 2nd half but we were really out of lucky... and ideas.

Being active in Transfer windows will not ruins our squad balance, we need an element of surprise for our rivals. Something they never saw from us last season. This is how we managed to rule last season.

Usually if we lost to fucking citeh by 3 goals I would be furious, but I'm calm as fuck because I knew we would've been humiliated, especially watching the first half, that's just how bad we are at the moment.

We lost to spurs 5-3 last season but that was against the run of play.

Now it's one more proof that the team is in need of renewal. That has to be the prevailing logic now.

The one & only silver lining about this terrible start is there's still more than enough time for improvement. Despite conceding 2 in the 2nd half I thought it was a much improved performance from the 1st. Getting battered in embarrassing fashion should trigger some panic buying in the closing weeks of this month.

Awful start to the season but with some much need signings & as players improve their fitness after a ridiculous late start to the season should give us more than enough time to recuperate.

Tell you what, I wouldn't want to be in Mourinho's shoes right about now. He's going to get absolutely battered by the press after today & he only has himself to blame.

:D:D:D Battered by press is going to worry Jose. Lol. That's a laugh. I have never seen such a pessimistic bunch. Relax guys. The next five games are ours to improve on.

Essien19 likes this

Let's not forget we also have a -3 goal difference. I can't remember a time we were below 0 in goal difference.

Can't remember the last time we was this low in the table...