Man City 3-0 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

They already do it in water polo, don't they.

It can be done. One needs to carefully define a hierarchy in the decision making process - not an impossible task.

Thus for instance the video ref can readily change a throw in decision if given to the wrong side.

In the case of offside decisions I 'm afraid it has to be the linesman on the ground who decides. How can you tell the players, you go back and stand there, you take the ball and run again ?

Dont get ya? If theres an important offside decision the linesmans missed or some side thinks hes blown incorrectly the ref on pitch is on his mike to the vid ref who in a couple of seconds gives a decision. No waiting around wasting time etc. Cant see a problem

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont get ya? If theres an important offside decision the linesmans missed or some side thinks hes blown incorrectly the ref on pitch is on his mike to the vid ref who in a couple of seconds gives a decision. No waiting around wasting time etc. Cant see a problem

Send that to FA

I think what's being said is when the linesman raises his flag, the defenders and keepers stop defending, allowing the attacker to have a better shot than if the defense was still going at them. What happens if the call is changed? Do you allow the goal and penalize the defense for seeing the linesman and not playing through the flag or do you give a free kick, allowing the defense to set up for a set-piece?

Ha !

It depends on speed of reaction.

I mean even now we see goals disallowed as offsides and then on second thought count.

Look, when it is dead time all the wrong decisions can be changed.

Also the goal line technology. That was an easy one, that's why they accepted it.

Sometimes it won't work. In Greek cup semi final last year a strange goal was scored - possibly hand ball. Of the three cameras only one could illuminate but a flag pole obscured it's view !

It depends on speed and offside decisions are difficult to re-evaluate.

Depressing performance by a team looking bereft of new ideas. We huffed and puffed and never got out of the starting blocks.

Only for Begovic we could have been 4-0 down at half time, and deservedly so. We were awful. our defence was ripped to shreds time and time again.

Ivanovic cant cross a ball, he hit the first opposing player with every cross, and pulled out of the tackle for their third goal.

John Terry was exposed for pace and rightly taken off at half time.

Ramires was lost and had no impact whatsoever except for when he scored (and he was onside) after that he was non- existant.

Fabregas!!!! Worst performance of his career in my estimation. So poor, he looked totally disinterested and out of his depth. This is the guy who set the league alight at the start of last season.

Hazard couldn't get on the ball in the way he likes and when he did he was still off the pace. Very disappointing.

Costa is really beginning to carve out a new career for himself...in fighting.!!! I know he is probably getting very frustrated by the lack of chances being created for him but wtf?? He would fight the pope!! A shadow of the player he was last season.

Cuadrado is not Chelsea class. The guy looked lost. I dont think he will ever improve to a standard that will challenge Oscar, Willian or Hazard. Moses would give us more I think.

The rest of the team were average......But this is far from acceptable for the Premier champions. A United type of season on the cards I fear. Our attack lacks pace, ideas and a cutting edge. I get annoyed watching us bombing down the pitch, stopping at the edge of the 18 yard, passing backwards, the across the pitch, then back again, then back to the defenders to start all over again. No cutting edge whatsoever. We need to freshen it up big time. Teams have found out how to play against us and they make us look ordinary.

Mourinho needs to get his finger out and shake the team up. Another tough test next weekend against a well organised West Brom. Lets hope that he learns from the obvious shortcoming that we have shown so far and corrects them.............quickly, very quickly

Bruv I doubt any single one of us dont love and appreciate each one of the lads. They have all contributed in their own way over the years. But I support Chelsea and not individual players. And when we have a weakness it needs taking care of. Right now we have a few and if we dont look at them and strengthen then I'm afraid we are going to end up a right mess.

It has been coming for awhile and we all have seen it. We got thru the 2nd half of last year purely thru tactics and luck. This season we dont have either (yet?)

Yes we did. But we made it. So now we need to restock. Painful but we have to be patient and trust our players and Management.