Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Billy.

16 minutes ago, Rekin said:

This blows, but at the same time some serious questions need to be raised.
How did it take this long to reach this point with Ox? We have been interested for months, and we only learn now that he actually dont want to play as a WB? That is extremely incompetent on our part. The communication should have been clear from the start from both camps. 

I agree. Earlier I posted about it being very unlikely that we'd be in such advanced negotiation stages if Ox's role in the team hadn't been discussed and agreed upon prior. In the light of recent events now, I don't get it... How is it possible that it comes out only now?? Either our board must be very bad at their jobs or Ox has some shit advisors who turned his head in the last day. Either way this is shambles.

6 minutes ago, manpe said:

I agree. Earlier I posted about it being very unlikely that we'd be in such advanced negotiation stages if Ox's role in the team hadn't been discussed and agreed upon prior. In the light of recent events now, I don't get it... How is it possible that it comes out only now?? Either our board must be very bad at their jobs or Ox has some shit advisors who turned his head in the last day. Either way this is shambles.

The only thing I can imagine is that Pool came up and offered him his dream role.

5 minutes ago, Rekin said:

The only thing I can imagine is that Pool came up and offered him his dream role.

Or his English mates from Pool convinced him during this international break and got assurances that they would bid for him. We have no agents in the England squad unfortunately to counter that influencing.

most of his salary will go towards protection for his home when Scumpool are playing away.

it`s quite sad if a player prefers what part of the pitch he covers over league titles and other major honours.i would have liked to have him but if that`s true about him then we better off without that type in the long run.

our board are well below par for a club of our stature..wish Roman would pull the plug on them the way he has on many of our coaches who have been far better at what they do than our board.

4 minutes ago, Rekin said:

Good luck to him then. He's not very good as a central midfielder and Liverpool will be getting nothing but mediocrity from him in that position so it wouldn't take long for him to get stuck on the bench and potentially even lose his place in the England squad. And if they end up rotating him on the wings for Mane/Salah then he's fucked either way because he wouldn't get to play the central role he supposedly dreams so much about.

The way I see it, he's only ever shown world class potential as a wing-back. Much like Victor Moses his decision making in the final third is bad or at the very least inconsistent so I don't consider him to be a good enough attacking winger. His goal tally of just 20 goals in almost 200 games supports this notion but as a wing-back his goalscoring record is not the most important part of his game so it doesn't matter so much. What he does however have is the perfect energy levels, pace and work rate to play as a wing-back but if the man himself doesn't realize he's played the best football of his career in that position during the last six months or so, he's quite frankly a moron.

32 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

If hes thinking that he can start as CM at Liverpool, hes dreaming...

I was talking to a few Liverpool supporters today they are saying the same and they are saying aswell they don't need him

If he doesn't want to be here, might as well go for another player. I'd preferred Cedric Soares between the two. Ox has the advantage of being jack of all trades (master of none though) but we're really just looking for competition for Moses. Ox wouldn't even start over Drinkwater in midfield (if he comes), let alone Bakayoko, Cesc or Kante.

Funny if he went to Liverpool and Klopp played both him and Milner as full-backs on either side, would've been an ironic consequence.

Whoever is responsible for the due diligence regarding this move should be in for a hell of a morning when they get into work today.

Who puts a bid in for a player knowing he wants to play in one position while we'd like him to play another?!

Reeks of incompetence.

I knew he'd choose Liverpool over us. Nothing to do with him not having any ambition - I think it's just he feels he can get the starts in CM there as opposed to with us. That and the English core of players there would have had a major impact. 

55 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

We are getting rejected by OX and then people hope we can get players like Alex Sandro... It's embarrassing.

Can't really see any connection between these two. Ox rejected us because of the role he would've played here, while Alex Sandro wasn't signed because Juve didn't want to let him go.

Alex Sandro did not reject Chelsea.

A finger needs pointing at the board in one way but they also cannot be blamed in the other. Now, for me, it's taken far too long to reach this point, we are very light in the WB roles and only an injury or suspension away from disaster. I'm sure he was identified earlier than 1 day from the window closing, has to of been, if not then fuck me what are this lot playing at. As far as him and the supposed 'refusal' goes that's totally out of our control, we have bid, had it accepted and the players is steering things in the way he wants, that's football now, players dictate.

I still cannot believe for the life of me we are two days from the window closing and IMO still need 3-4 players. The recruitment so far has been abysmal and that's putting it lightly, but like I said before, if your going to go fucking scratching around in the lost property bin after all the vultures have been, expect scraps.

*Sigh*

1 hour ago, Rekin said:

This blows, but at the same time some serious questions need to be raised.
How did it take this long to reach this point with Ox? We have been interested for months, and we only learn now that he actually dont want to play as a WB? That is extremely incompetent on our part. The communication should have been clear from the start from both camps. 
I feel certain that we will get DD and Barkley if we really want them, but Oxlade was the only one that had a good chance to become a starter.

If we leave the window with no WB's added, then it is 100% embarassing on the boards side. In difference from other positions there have been many options available during the summer. 

Why you blame the board for ox?? 

Because he wants to play at cm ? 

How can change his mind in the last hours ? It's the decision of his life -career you can't change that  in one day.

we have two days to buy a LB DRINKWATER,Barkley and liorente. 

If you play at arsenal ,YOU Must HAVE A Problem ,you are sick in the mind ,in your body. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You