Costa or Kane

Goals should not be your argument, Kane has scored loads more than Costa in all competitions.

Still I'd take Costa every time. In the very big moments, when the stakes are highest everyone will see why.

Tho Costa should start scoring again.

Costa has flopped in majority of the big games this season. He isn't exactly a "big game " player.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Costa is extremely overrated. To me he's a physical version of Falcao i.e quality and efficient finisher, technically deficient and awful outside the 18 yard box most of the time. Harry cane on the otherhand is actually a proper footballer first and foremost. he can hold the ball up brilliantly, bring others into play, link up play well, superior technical ability and He's not only having one of the best breakthrough season ever in top flight football but also outscoring and definitely outperforming Costa, this despite being 5 years younger.

Harry has a significantly better all round game and would be a much better fit for this team as he's a lot more tactically versatile. technically gifted enough to excel in a possession based team and tactically smart enough to play in a counter attacking set up. We have lacked someone that can hold the ball up and bring others into play in difficult games this season.

And no doubt there will be plenty of "you are embarrassing", "I can't believe what I'm reading" "spoilt" "trolling" and other predictable and overused rhetorics but when one actually sits back, watch and analyse both players closely, look at the numbers without any blue tinted glasses. . . . . . . .

So to answer the OP question yes I would swap Costa for kane

Stop giving your opinion. Read OP.

I'm just curious, like i said RIGHT NOW, on current form...26 goals in all comps compared to 17

on goalscoring Kane is clearly on top

Costa is a work horse, but needs to keep the goals going

Kane has scored 26 goals this season? Holy shit I didn't know it was THAT good

One season wonder?

A very old saying of one swallow doesn't make a summer...

Kane whilst impressive needs to back this up over a few seasons for me. Im not saying he's a bad player - but can he consistently perform.

Right now I would keep Costa. he has a winning mentality - Kane is still young. A 2 year older Kane at a consistent level - I could easily change my opinion

However, this is a pipe dream - Spurs would never sell to us.

I'm just curious, like i said RIGHT NOW, on current form...26 goals in all comps compared to 17

on goalscoring Kane is clearly on top

I think it's important to note that Kane is also playing Europa league football. Even Torres looked prolific in that competition. Lukaku too. Imagine how many goals Costa would score in the group stages of that competition. More than 17, that's for sure. Stats without context is meaningless.

I'd swap Remy for Kane...but replacing Costa? The joint top-scorer of the league? No chance.

Kane now has 16 goals in the premier league, 1 behind Costa and Aguero.

It's too soon to say, but Kane is really looking like a world class player. It's not just his goals, as Lionsden put it. If Kane is able to repeat what he's done so far for another season, then he'll be widely considered a world class striker.

What's annoying to me is how we've been putting so much money into our academy for the last decade, we have arguably the best group of prospects, but still we haven't had any Kane's yet. Not even anything close to that.

One season wonder?

Kane whilst impressive needs to back this up over a few seasons for me. Im not saying he's a bad player - but can he consistently perform.

Right now I would keep Costa. he has a winning mentality - Kane is still young. A 2 year older Kane at a consistent level - I could easily change my opinion

BULL FUCKING SHIT

He has been doing it consistently for 49 years.

article-2237346-0A2E53A2000005DC-183_468

In my opinion we should ask the question whether or not the arguement that Kane is a one season wonder holds water.

People used to say the same about Costa last season. Football is not predictable as some people seem to suggest in this thread.

Kane is 21, Costa 26.

People used to say the same about Costa last season. Football is not predictable as some people seem to suggest in this thread.

Kane is 21, Costa 26.

That has to be the lowest flying joke to ever go over someone's head.

One season wonder?

Its weird how you don't believe in your own players...its not a surprise that english players lack confidence in international level.

Once again we compare an established player against a youngster, only this time directly. Those who think this is a ridiculous dilemma, and it is, please remember we do this all the time around here.

Answer is both. One for start and Kane to rotate. Kane is a lot better than remy for me.

Tbh I agree with lionsden that Kane has superior technique and is able to do a solid job linking play consistently. But I think he's exaggerated Costa's weaknesses. I don't think that Costa is awful outside the 18 yard box as he puts it, but his consistency is the problem. He reminds me a lot like Drogba in the sense that one game he can hold everything up and be a fantastic outlet, but then another game he can be an absolute donkey with his first touch, passing, or just generally keeping the ball.

When you talk about finishing, I prefer to talk about it as two aspects. For me Costa is probably the most deadliest forward at scoring on instinct, where he just has to react, quick movements with minimal touches and finish. When it comes to finishing when he has time to think about what he wants to do, I'd say he's not that great. I like both players and I don't think it's a joke of a question like some are making it out to be in here (based on this current season), but I'd rather have Costa.