Jase

Man of the Match  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly a huge well done to PSG because let's be honest they have some shithouses on their team but over the two legs I'd not have complained had the aggregate scoreline read something like 12-4 to them. It's an easy defeat to take because it always is when a better side beats you.

Coming to us, there's not much to say because I can't believe I sat through this shit till 4 in the morning. It's a slap in the face for Mourinho and our squad who didn't look bothered once Ibra was wrongly sent off. Zero game management, zero passion, zero composure and zero performance. If this is how we perform on a big CL night at home having had a week's preparation that supposedly consisted of training sessions more intensive than the opponent's weekend game, we might be hearing the transition line for a while longer.

As painfully pedestrian a performance as I've ever seen; would've put some of those in 10-11 under Carlo to shame.

What cost us the goal against PSG in the away leg? Failing to properly defend crosses into the box and not doubling up. The lack of off-the-ball intensity was frustrating but we saw the same thing against West Ham and unsurprisingly tonight again (failing to prevent crosses led to the fatal corners). We had absolutely no ideas going forward but our performance from a defensive point of view against 10 men at home was so disappointing.

That period in the second half when Chelsea were played off the park for about 20 minutes by a 10-man team lets me know Mourinho has lost it.

Even Costa had to go to the touchline to ask him wtf is going. Costa is used to a manager and team that absolute give everything and suffocate the opposition and there we were getting a schooling by a 10-man team at home no less.

Mourinho has completely and utterly lost the plot. He isn't even half the manager used to be.

He's the exact same manager. And that's the problem. Outdated.

We didn't even play good football mourinho should get fired. PSG at home one man down i mean what the fuck and we play poring every match. Ramires on the wing even tho we have payed cuadrado alot of money. Imagine klop.

Is that the same Jurgen Klopp who's team have lost 11 of their 24 league games this season? Shut the fuck up, moron.

Mourinho isn't perfect but he's a damn sight better than most other managers out there. Suggesting he should be sacked on the back of 1 result after he's won us a cup and we're 5pts clear at the top of the league (would be 10-12 too with fair refereeing) is pig-headed in the extreme.

It's not the loss. This is football. You win some, you lose some. But it's the way I saw my favourite team play today. As someone else already put it, that was soul crushing. It's not the first time either.

Spot on. You can't win everything but this was fucking embarrassing.

This ultra defensive approach has to stop, yet I'm not sure Mourinho's capable of that unfortunately.

So disjointed and passive, you've got the back four with no pace wanting to play defensively, as well as Oscar, Ramires and Willian; Fabregas and Matic out of form but given defensive roles. Only Hazard and Costa want to attack, and Fabregas when he isn't chasing people about.

I don't know why Luis and Zouma don't start, and in hindsight we'd be so much better playing 433 with Hazard and Cuardrado on the wings.