Chelsea v Sporting Lisbon

Jase

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get that. But who's next in line in defence if we fully rest JT and Ivan like I suggested? It's either him or Kane.

Just saying what I would do, still a strong team but with youth laced through.

Kane is out on loan to Bristol City. Why he went there I do not know but that is the club's decision. I reckon it will be Azpi alongside Zouma and either Cahill or Ivanovic partnering him. Luis LB. Subs will prob be the usual experienced ones incase of any injuries and probably Christensen. Doubt he will start.

Kane is out on loan to Bristol City. Why he went there I do not know but that is the club's decision. I reckon it will be Azpi alongside Zouma and either Cahill or Ivanovic partnering him. Luis LB. Subs will prob be the usual experienced ones incase of any injuries and probably Christensen. Doubt he will start.

Didn't know that. What a useless loan :/. Well we have to choose 6 players from 7 then (Ivan, Azpi, Luis, JT, Cahill, Zouma, Christensen). JT definitely needs a rest and I think Ivan does too. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Didn't know that. What a useless loan :/. Well we have to choose 6 players from 7 then (Ivan, Azpi, Luis, JT, Cahill, Zouma, Christensen). JT definitely needs a rest and I think Ivan does too. But we'll just have to wait and see.

I really dont think Kane would get any matches in Chelsea

I expect Remy, Schurrle, Salah, Filipe, Zouma to take their chances against an average side that will be w/o their best player (Nani).

Hazard, Cesc, Matic, Oscar, JT, Willian and Diego must be rested. 442 would be fun for this one.

Remy Drogs

Andre Mikel Ramires Salah

Filipe Cahill Zouma Azpi/Brana

Cech

Cech
Dave, Iva, Zouma, Luis
Rambo, Fab, Baker
Salah, Remy, Salah

Also people saying this is an unimportant match and we shouldn't care about winning, you are blind. Clearly we don't need a win statistically but if we lose we lose first of all our record at the bridge this season and we also lose our spirit. Losing two games in a row for a big team like us, no matter what the game will affect our mentality.

This match may mean nothing to us but it may be a decider on who qualifies with us. Even if Jose wanted to field a team of youngster, he couldn't because UEFA would probably punish us. Plus, put yourselves in the shoes of the shoes of the Schalke fans. We need to try to win this match while still resting some key players, especially Hazard.

I never understand this. If we play with players that are all registered for the squad, why does it matter? What is the point then of even registering a full squad to UEFA?

If UEFA punishes us for that, it would be completely ridiculous. They should never be able to judge a manager's opinion on what he thinks is best for a certain game.

I never understand this. If we play with players that are all registered for the squad, why does it matter? What is the point then of even registering a full squad to UEFA?

If UEFA punishes us for that, it would be completely ridiculous. They should never be able to judge a manager's opinion on what he thinks is best for a certain game.

It's obvious, isn't it? We played our best team against Schalke, so if we don't play our best against Sporting, it wouldn't be fair to Schalke. Hence, UEFA whose job is to protect the fairness of the competition would obviously take issue with that.

One more point about this that hasn't been brought up is that the difference between a loss and a win in this match is over a million Euros IIRC (depending on how many goals we score). That is also a factor, no doubt.