test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fulham Broadway

Loaned Out Dominic Solanke

Started by Fulham Broadway,

239 posts in this topic

What is wrong with these kids and their wage demands? Solanke has never played a full game for the first team so he should aware of his real worth. I know the price of accommodation  in London is insane but I'm sure he can get along with his current wage just fine. Earn your place in the team, and then earn a higher wage.

There should be a wage cap for young players. I don't see any reason why an under 20-year old player would need to earn more than £15k-£20k. With the current trend, the club might as well just buy senior back-up players as it is getting too expensive to keep so many unproven overpaid youngsters in the books.

13 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

What is wrong with these kids and their wage demands? Solanke has never played a full game for the first team so he should aware of his real worth. I know the price of accommodation  in London is insane but I'm sure he can get along with his current wage just fine. Earn your place in the team, and then earn a higher wage.

There should be a wage cap for young players. I don't see any reason why an under 20-year old player would need to earn more than £15k-£20k. With the current trend, the club might as well just buy senior back-up players as it is getting too expensive to keep so many unproven overpaid youngsters in the books.

There's nothing wrong with them. There's nothing wrong with the clubs either. There's so much money in the game now. Juniors (their agents) just want a small chunk of it - and even if they take obscene amount for such young age it's still reasonable to invest in them - if someone will go into first team it's instant hit. Look at Chalobah. Back in 2013 he was offered (apparently) 30k/a week and that was huge. Many said that's too much. But look at this now. There's no transfer fee for him and his wages are modest compared to other first team players. So he's cheap squad player who otherwise would cost 20m and 2-3 times the wages. And even then you'd hardly find someone who's homegrown as well ...

That's not to say that Solanke alone is worth it - IMHO he's not. I don't rate him. He should only be kept to be cash cow in the future.

But you get the point.

OhForAGreavsie likes this

How come that no club agree terms with him yet? because all he has left is 6 months to his contract, so it is possible to start negotiate with other clubs, and it's look like he doesn't have any chance staying here after all the problems he made wishing for a 50K a week... 

How come that no club agree terms with him yet? because all he has left is 6 months to his contract, so it is possible to start negotiate with other clubs, and it's look like he doesn't have any chance staying here after all the problems he made wishing for a 50K a week... 

I think you have to be a certain age to be able to do that. I want to say the rule is you have to be like 23 or 25. I could be wrong though

7 hours ago, Miguelito said:

I think you have to be a certain age to be able to do that. I want to say the rule is you have to be like 23 or 25. I could be wrong though

No, i think the issue is if he goes to an english club (now and not at the end of the season) they will need to pay us something like 500K Betterment fees as far as i know.

I've watched this guy when he was at Vitesse: nothing special. Has nothing to become our main #9 or even Liverpool's #9.

Let him go to Liverpool. Can't be arsed. Look how well his predecessor Sturridge is doing there teehee. 

His agent actually wanted 50k, so he is really trying hard for his client, now and a rumour from nowhere that he will join pool :D  The idea is probably, that after few months, there could be an article with the heading: "Championship side, Cardiff, signs ex Chelsea and wanted from Liverpool striker, Solanke!"
The kid has something, but probably no way he can make it here. Good luck to him in the future, he may surprise a bit later on his career.

Shocked this saga has gone on for so long. Done nothing for the first team and asked for a stupid wage.

23 hours ago, the wes said:

According to this 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-play-down-interest-chelsea-9842927

Liverpool are not interested in signing in solanke hope we get an English club to sign him so we can get a good compensation fee for him if he goes to Scotland or aboard the compensation fee is much low 

yeah 8mill or 300k some difference approx

Dominic Solanke’s demands: a depressing tale of modern football

Dan Levene explains why Dominic Solanke's imminent Chelsea exit raises concerns about the mindset of football's young generation.

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/premier-league/2016-2017/dominic-solankes-demands-a-depressing-tale-of-modern-football_sto6066179/story.shtml

His agents been earning his money this week eh! Hes just trying to get the same wage as the muchly overr hyped RLC who he sees as doing nothing to deserve what hes being paid neither.

I hope this saga doesn't continue with all our academy lads graduating into the 1st team.

But seems likely neither will be with us next season. No doubt Conte will be bringing in others to replace them as under 21s go towards helping with our ever growing HG problems.

mccg likes this