Dominic Solanke

Fulham Broadway

On 03/20/2016 at 9:09 PM, the wes said:

His all around game has improved a lot at Vitesse he even assists goals now I can see a lot of good things coming from this kid like rashford at utd the question is. Is Chelsea going to give him a chance next season or loan him out again

Mmm the front line will be interesting nxt season 4sure(midfield&defence needs pimped up also),my gut feeling he will shipped out again.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, the wes said:

Not a bad thing, sounds like he has been quite poor this season. 

1 hour ago, kiwi1691 said:

Not a bad thing, sounds like he has been quite poor this season. 

He has done decent. This is an 18 year old we are talking about who is still eligible to play in the FA Youth cup. 7 goals, not bad and considering he was not able to make his debut with Vitesse for the first few weeks or so due to certain loan complications and has been injured in different spells, I would say he has done well.for an 18 year old who speaks no Dutch and is settling into his first real taste of professional football.

It is Brown, who has been underwhelming if anything at Vitesse who is a year older than Solanke.

The Vitesse project seems to be unravelling before the club's very eyes it seems. Todd Kane did well to go elsewhere in Holland but now he's sidelined until August or October, whichever it was. The disillusionment in the younger camp is understandable but it'll be dangerous precedent if players are using that as leverage to leave. It's the age old argument of playing them, but I raised the point before, some of these guys can't complain about where they've ended up. We've helped nurture a lot of talent other clubs can make the most from. 

I've read we've lined up 19 year old Moussa Dembele as a replacement should he go, not a bad shout at all. He's earned rave reviews at Fulham. 

2 hours ago, scargo said:

I think Tammy abraham better than Solanke in every way. not missing it

tbh I dont think that, Solanke looks more like a finished product to me than abraham (Dont forget they are both from 1997)

50 minutes ago, tommyv said:

tbh I dont think that, Solanke looks more like a finished product to me than abraham (Dont forget they are both from 1997)

IMO Solanke specialized in finishing, But in other way Abraham better than Solanke. physical, dribble, Shooting ability, etc.

18-year-old Dominic Solanke demands £50,000 per week

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/25/chelseas-dominic-solanke-demands-50000-per-week/

Harry Kane currently earns around £50,000-a-week at Tottenham Hotspur and was collecting £20,000-a-week as recently as January 2015.

fuck off.

3 minutes ago, scargo said:

18-year-old Dominic Solanke demands £50,000 per week

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/25/chelseas-dominic-solanke-demands-50000-per-week/

Harry Kane currently earns around £50,000-a-week at Tottenham Hotspur and was collecting £20,000-a-week as recently as January 2015.

fuck off.

I can't stand players who try to hold the club to ransom :middlefinger: solanke can do 1 if the rumour is true 

He is not going to go anywhere. He just wants more money as I knew all along. This is what happens when you reward young players too much, too early. It sets a dangerous precedent.

For instance, Chalobah is on at least £30,000 a week which is beyond ridiculous for a player who has never played for the first team. RLC plays a few games for the first team without actually cementing a first team slot and we are giving him at least £40,000 a week while some other sources say he is earning near £60,000 which would be ludicrous if true. Brown is earning £20,000 or so and apparently Christensen was earning around the same amount at the age of 17/18. Not to mention the other youngsters like Ake who before he signed a new contract earlier this season was on £20,000 a week. That new contract probably brings him up to the £30k mark.

So while I think £50,000 is ridiculous and I think is being exaggerated, he prob will want at least £25,000- £30,000 with bonuses added on. He will point out to the fact that he is English and if he is rated as highly as the club make him out to be he deserves to be rewarded if he is considered the future and will point to other youngsters such as RLC. He also has the leverage that at a young age, he could seek a move to another club if we don't give him a hefty increase.

It is crazy though. Alli joins Spurs and is on a meagre £10,000 a week. He takes the PL by storm and in reality takes a meagre increse compared to what other clubs would offer by signing a £25,000 a week contract. If he was at us we prob would be offerring him around £60k to £70k a week.

Like I said, I don't beleive the £50k a week rumours are true but he will certainly be looking for leverage.