test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OhForAGreavsie

William Gallas

Started by OhForAGreavsie,

William Gallas has announced his retirement.

Irrespective of the way in which his time here came to an end, Gallas was a brilliant player and a major contributor to the success we had while he was with us. It's water under the bridge but I'd dearly love to hear both sides of the story regarding the breakdown of the relationship between 'Billy' and CFC.

* I visually checked for a William Gallas thread and also used the search facility before starting this one. Apologies if I've somehow managed to miss a pre-existing version.

zolayes, Bir_CFC and Kieran. like this

Twat. I've got to say though, my feelings of anger towards him have lessened in recent years because he managed to piss off all three big London clubs while playing for them :)

More than 200 matches, two PL-titles, Carling Cup title(which was our first trophy in the Abramovich-era). He was a starter in Mourinho's Chelsea between 2004 and 2006. Altough that team didn't win the Champions League I believe we were one of the strongest teams in Europe.

I really liked Gallas, he was a fantastic player.

DYC. likes this

I started following football during Gallas' last season with Chelsea. I still don't know why he left the way he did.

Loved Billy Gallas despite where he went, never forget that goal v Spurs in the last minute......fucking insane goal.

Back then he was like today's version of Azpilicueta, he was that versatile.

Kieran. and nyikolajevics like this

I started following football during Gallas' last season with Chelsea. I still don't know why he left the way he did.

he wanted to play at CB even though he was used at LB for France . While with us he was excellent at either CB or LB

DYC. likes this

Wish him well.pretty sure when at Arsenal he pointed out the problems they had which still have.Shame left way he did but hey times he was ours was good

DYC. likes this