Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

Liverpool are such a small club. Selling Torres, Mascherano, Alonso, Suarez and now Sterling in the last 5 or 6 years.... as well as failing to keep Gerrard.

In that case every club in the world is a small club outside of Chelsea, City, United, PSG, Barca, Real and Bayern. Everyone else are feeder clubs in some way.

But failing to keep Gerrard? come on. He went to MLS to finish is career, and he shouldnt be more than a squad option in Liverpool, even in their current squad.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand his decision to leave Liverpool. The guy wants to win titles and not just compete for them for half a season. Honestly,if we show strong interest like Arsenal then we can easily get him because even he knows there won't be much to win at Arsenal.

City could be a strong contender but if London is his preference then we must sign him. He's shown immense potential for a 20 year old and I believe Jose would be the perfect manager to develop him into a superstar.

However if he wants to be given the license to attack then Arsenal's style would suit him. Lets see how it pans out but its good to know that he's making this decision early on in his career.

I can understand his decision to leave Liverpool. The guy wants to win titles and not just compete for them for half a season. Honestly,if we show strong interest like Arsenal then we can easily get him because even he knows there won't be much to win at Arsenal.

City could be a strong contender but if London is his preference then we must sign him. He's shown immense potential for a 20 year old and I believe Jose would be the perfect manager to develop him into a superstar.

However if he wants to be given the license to attack then Arsenal's style would suit him. Lets see how it pans out but its good to know that he's making this decision early on in his career.

We need proven starters. How can we go from Bale, Reus and even Griezmann to him?

Anyway, it looks like Griezmann is almost a done deal.

Remember what Mourinho said after United signed Luke Shaw?

'“If we pay to a 19-year-old boy what we were being asked for, to sign Luke Shaw, we are dead,” he said. “We would have killed our stability with financial fair play and killed the stability in our dressing room.

“Because when you pay that much to a 19-year-old kid – a good player, fantastic player – but when you pay that amount of money, the next day, we would have had players knocking on our door.

“They would have been saying, ‘How is it possible I play 200 games for this club, won this and that, yet a 19-year-old comes here and gets more money than I get?’

“It would’ve killed immediately our balance and we couldn’t allow that. I don’t criticise another club for paying it. They can pay what they want. I don’t have any comment about it. But for my club we can say it would be very negative for us, especially when we can say Felipe is much less expensive. Sometimes you have to make decisions.”

This is why I think Mourinho will never sign him, plus the fact he is not at our level.

Remember what Mourinho said after United signed Luke Shaw?

'“If we pay to a 19-year-old boy what we were being asked for, to sign Luke Shaw, we are dead,” he said. “We would have killed our stability with financial fair play and killed the stability in our dressing room.

“Because when you pay that much to a 19-year-old kid – a good player, fantastic player – but when you pay that amount of money, the next day, we would have had players knocking on our door.

“They would have been saying, ‘How is it possible I play 200 games for this club, won this and that, yet a 19-year-old comes here and gets more money than I get?’

“It would’ve killed immediately our balance and we couldn’t allow that. I don’t criticise another club for paying it. They can pay what they want. I don’t have any comment about it. But for my club we can say it would be very negative for us, especially when we can say Felipe is much less expensive. Sometimes you have to make decisions.”

This is why I think Mourinho will never sign him, plus the fact he is not at our level.

Nothing to do with 'He's not at our level' Every player to a new club can be moulded to be better. Look at someone like Azpilicueta who came here a RB and has spent most of his time here as a LB and has grown in both stature and ability since joining. The guidance and vision of Mourinho offers a new and fresh challenge potentially for this kid, or anyone.

I'm 100% that IF he becomes available we will be interested.

I know Mourinho style so well that he would take Sterling in a heartbeat. Let's face it, we won't dominate possession against comparable clubs but rather play counter-attack. BUT PROPER COUNTER-ATTACK. Sterling already proved how effective he is playing on the counter, either as a provider or the one on top of the chain. Just remind yourself how good he was last season in fast attacks. He is really, really good.

He has excellent balance, acceleration and close control. He would be only the second player with such skillset in our team. We need them.

And in the future we could have 3 players with similar traits, the players you can't tackle in Hazard, Sterling and Boga. That idea for me is mouthwatering.

I see Alexis Sanchez regret if Chelsea don't put a fight for him. Already had player on plate to solve long-term issue but signed Cuadrado (or Salah) few months earlier and said 'We pass'. Don't do this, please.

In that case every club in the world is a small club outside of Chelsea, City, United, PSG, Barca, Real and Bayern. Everyone else are feeder clubs in some way.

But failing to keep Gerrard? come on. He went to MLS to finish is career, and he shouldnt be more than a squad option in Liverpool, even in their current squad.

Wouldn't call them a feeder club or small club, but rather a stepping stone club. Similar to Spuds or Everton. Where players go because they know they won't play every week at a top club but know if they do well enough at a second tier club they can get a big move.

This is why Liverpool will never attract a ready made star player like all their fans are calling for. As soon as one of their players get good enough they want to step up to a better club.

I'm 100% that IF he becomes available we will be interested.

I know Mourinho style so well that he would take Sterling in a heartbeat. Let's face it, we won't dominate possession against comparable clubs but rather play counter-attack. BUT PROPER COUNTER-ATTACK. Sterling already proved how effective he is playing on the counter, either as a provider or the one on top of the chain. Just remind yourself how good he was last season in fast attacks. He is really, really good.

He has excellent balance, acceleration and close control. He would be only the second player with such skillset in our team. We need them.

And in the future we could have 3 players with similar traits, the players you can't tackle in Hazard, Sterling and Boga. That idea for me is mouthwatering.

I see Alexis Sanchez regret if Chelsea don't put a fight for him. Already had player on plate to solve long-term issue but signed Cuadrado (or Salah) few months earlier and said 'We pass'. Don't do this, please.

I would say Willian has excellent balance, control of the ball and speed/acceleration. What he lacks though is obviously that killer instinct. Sterling has shown flashes of that though.

He's only 20 and will improve a lot under Jose in my mind.

No thank you. A bad egg overhyped by the English media.

He can't hit the side of barn door at times, so I do not believe he is a Mourinho player - Mourinho wants ruthless finishers like Costa, hence our interest in Griezmann.

This is hardly the best source to make a 'done deal' claim [emoji38]

I never said it was, but I presume it has some truth to it. Not ALL paper headlines are plucked out of thin air.

I never said it was, but I presume it has some truth to it. Not ALL paper headlines are plucked out of thin air.

ALL Metro headlines are.

edit: Original source is London Evening Standard which is also unreliable

Sterling is a young kid who wants to develope and win trophies. These things are not possible with Liverpool,so its just natural that he wants to move on.For Example Steven Gerrard stayed at liverpool foreever and never won a Premier league Trophy, that says it all. Now stupid Brendan and Liverpool wanted to bully him. Brendan was the one who started to talk about his contract full in Public. He wasnt even involved, they wanted to destroy his image and force him to sign. Sign or whole England hates u.

Look at Suarez he also wanted to move, he said some strange things like If Bayern would be interested for me , I would move. Or I want to join Arsenal. Sterling never said similar, still everybody calls him greedy and abuse him. The Evil Trap of Liverpool has worked , now england hates him.

I hope Liverpool gets relegated and Brendan gets sacked. What and disgusting and Evil Club

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You