Diego Costa

Spike

Anyone remembering this?

http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/11/didier-drogba-faces-four-to-six-months-on-sidelines-after-suffering-ankle-injury-in-chelseas-friendly-against-ferencvaros-4828951/

I'm not saying he isn't injured, but I am saying that panic has a habit of spreading fast and so far we don't need to panic and just hope nothing's happened and if something has happened that it's not too bad.

I will be shocked if Jose play mind games with the injury, if actually it isn't. That's really unnecessary thing to do, imo. It could jinx the worst case.

We did it before with Didier I reckon, declared him a doubt for Barca and didn't play him vs Arsenal to keep Pep guessing.

We did it before with Didier I reckon, declared him a doubt for Barca and didn't play him vs Arsenal to keep Pep guessing.

What use would it be to pretend Costa was injured? We're only playing Everton and it'd probably increase the asking price for our striker targets as their clubs would know we're more desperate.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/28/chelsea-diego-costa-injury-hamstring

Chelsea suffered an injury scare in training on Wednesday after Diego Costa pulled up with a hamstring injury, though the severity of the strain remains to be determined.
The Spain international, a £32m signing from Atlético Madrid this summer, will undergo further tests at Cobham and while the initial prognosis appeared grim, there are hopes the injury will not prove as severe as first feared.

well, we've been talking about it like broken records. If Costa gets injured or suspended we're fucked, so maybe it's a good thing this happened while the window is still opened and Mourinho, the board, or whoever didn't bring a second striker for us yet have this wake up call.

I'd play Schurrle instead of Drogba against Everton tbh, with Cesc to provide him balls, he won't be as ineffective as he was on the few occasions last season when he played as our #9 - false or not.

If we don't bring a new strikers in the last four days of this transfer window, well, we could jeopardize years of good business by the board because it's been overdue for Chelsea to win relevant silverware again.

It's being reported by the Sun, Telegraph and Guardian so I think it's safe to assume it's true. None of the papers know how long he's out for though.

Well we have to wait until Jose confirmed it, could see all media hype about this. The moment is too good with Torres rumour.

It isn't Jose, right? Whose manager did that? I doubt Jose will do that.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/aug/28/chelsea-diego-costa-injury-hamstring

well, we've been talking about it like broken records. If Costa gets injured or suspended we're fucked, so maybe it's a good thing this happened while the window is still opened and Mourinho, the board, or whoever didn't bring a second striker for us yet have this wake up call.

I'd play Schurrle instead of Drogba against Everton tbh, with Cesc to provide him balls, he won't be as ineffective as he was on the few occasions last season when he played as our #9 - false or not.

If we don't bring a new strikers in the last four days of this transfer window, well, we could jeopardize years of good business by the board because it's been overdue for Chelsea to win relevant silverware again.

Hopefully, but the worst would be that they reconsider for Torres to stay.

Well we have to wait until Jose confirmed it, could see all media hype about this. The moment is too good with Torres rumour.

It isn't Jose, right? Whose manager did that? I doubt Jose will do that.

Hopefully, but the worst would be that they reconsider for Torres to stay.

why would they consider his stay?

We went for Costa because our strikers didn't score. If Costa is injury prone or just injured it opens our eyes that we still have a problem. If anything this would make us look for a striker even harder. Torres isn't the answer and Mourinho knows it. There's a reason why he kept saying last season we didn't have strikers...

why would they consider his stay?

We went for Costa because our strikers didn't score. If Costa is injury prone or just injured it opens our eyes that we still have a problem. If anything this would make us look for a striker even harder. Torres isn't the answer and Mourinho knows it. There's a reason why he kept saying last season we didn't have strikers...

They could think it is hard to sign any top striker within 3 days, not to mentioned that the player price will be over the value, and could finally decided to stick with Torres and Drogba.

Well that's the worst case scenario I'm talking about. Hopefully not, for sure.

They could think it is hard to sign any top striker within 3 days, not to mentioned that the player price will be over the value, and could finally decided to stick with Torres and Drogba.

If we want a striker enough we'll get one. Remy has a buyout clause so that would be easy enough.

Is this meant to be as bad as Drogba's injury?

You know, the one reported where he would be injured for months on end and we would have to call the sirens for the transfer window for the replacement?

Wait, didn't Didi play against Leicester?

Is this meant to be as bad as Drogba's injury?

You know, the one reported where he would be injured for months on end and we would have to call the sirens for the transfer window for the replacement?

Wait, didn't Didi play against Leicester?

I don't really understand the sarcasm here. It was AS who made up the Drogba 'months out' story but that's got nothing to do with this as nobody's saying Costa's out for ages. It's just being reported that he's injured (again).

Karma really fucked us in the ass on this one

Karma for what?

I don't really understand the sarcasm here. It was AS who made up the Drogba 'months out' story but that's got nothing to do with this as nobody's saying Costa's out for ages. It's just being reported that he's injured (again).

Karma for what?

There isn't anything from BBC or Sky, and if it is, then i am sure it would delay the Torres transfer.

Just think that is might be over-exaggerated like Drogba's. Guess we'll see some new links with other strikers coming out of the blue.