test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

19. Diego Costa

Started by DavidEU,

8,330 posts in this topic
Just now, Chelsea? said:

We all know Bats is better than just a trashy minutes guy. He needs to go somewhere n get time like Lukaku has. 

We all know this except the manager of course.

46 minutes ago, Muzchap said:

Seriously - do you actually know anything about football ?

This is the second post of yours I have read and you are clueless. 

I know the world tells you to have opinions - but yours are absolute shite - do the world a favour, stay quiet !

Tammy Abrahams more prolific than Diego - have a proper word with yourself. 

So sad to see this forum decline - breaks my blue heart... 

Can only think the person with the worst ever forum name Bernard NY Burgesson (he sounds like a retired colonel in the Trump administration) is about 12 years old Muz. Without being a grammar nazi have a look at his grammar and punctuation. Tammy Abrahams more prolific than Costa? he might as well have said Tammy Wynette.

DYC., Muzchap and NiclasCFC like this

I have no problems with him extending his contract. He has gone missing for a few games now but he is still a great striker.

I don't know who the club would bring in to replace him but if it is Morata than fuck no. Definitely not an upgrade to Costa.

Hazard-Dybala would be insane but that guy won't leave Juventus any time soon and not for less than 200m lol.  

Muzchap and Unionjack like this

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

That's not true Crespo was on his day outstanding he just couldn't settle in London.

You're dead right mate. He had some good games for us.

We have had alot of good players who had their moments of sheer brilliance. Their problems were they didn't have enough of them. 

Look at Oscar. He scored some blinders. Torres scored some goals that I will always love him for and giving me one of the best footballing moments of my life in keeping his cool and leaving Pep with his head in his hands and Valdez and the rest of Barca a sprawling mess on the floor. Amazing game. But even in his last season with us I gave him MOTM for a few games.

Just for a reminder

The problem is alot of these players who we cant deny

9 hours ago, Spike said:

We all know this except the manager of course.

1. We are keeping him for the same reason we brought back Ake  

2. Conte seems to think he's good enough for the bench, can't say that for too many players  

3.  Conte isn't all knowning. Better coaches than Conte have made dumber decisions  

no one is saying Bats is good enough for us right now, but to write him off like he's already 27 is insane. Especially after what Lukaku has turned in. I only bring him up because he was similarly as bad as Bats and they play same position 

16 hours ago, Polo7 said:

Ive seen it all now. He ruins every attack yet he alone won us many points when our other players didnt turn up. West Brom anyone? Middlesborough anyone? How about West ham? The pass to Willian to make it 2-1 against City? The point against Swansea? And many more. You are a disgrace to Chelsea fans.

To have a such low knowledge about football like you is a disgrace.

9 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

That's not true Crespo was on his day outstanding he just couldn't settle in London.

If he couldn't settle; he was medicore for a very expensive signing. Torres and Shevchenko had good games for Chelsea too, where is their defence force?

38 minutes ago, Spike said:

If he couldn't settle; he was medicore for a very expensive signing. Torres and Shevchenko had good games for Chelsea too, where is their defence force?

His record is more or less one in two and he was a better finisher than Drogba although Drogba was the better all round player. Don't know what you mean by defence force. 16 million was cheap compared to 50 million on Torres and 32 million on Shevchenko who I can't honestly remembering ever having a good game. As for Torres he's just fucking hopeless although both him and Shevchenko were both carrying injuries when they signed and it's pretty clear they weren't Mourinho and Ancelotti signings which I imagine can't be great for a player's confidence.

Stats are fun, nothing too serious, but this is worthy of a bit of conversation: 

10 hours ago, Muzchap said:

Seriously - do you actually know anything about football ?

This is the second post of yours I have read and you are clueless. 

I know the world tells you to have opinions - but yours are absolute shite - do the world a favour, stay quiet !

Tammy Abrahams more prolific than Diego - have a proper word with yourself. 

So sad to see this forum decline - breaks my blue heart... 

people hold on. now prolific is relative i didnt say costa isnt prolific. for me i see prolific as someone who goal per mins ration is good like maybe a Giroud or . someones view might be different. maybe i didnt explain well enough.

Scorer  Goals  Minutes played   Minutes/goals
Olivier Giroud 5 349  69.8 
Stefano Okaka  195  97.5 
Kelechi Iheanacho  397  99.3 
Sergio Aguero  10  1,098  109.8 
Diego Costa  14  1,591  113.6 
Harry Kane  10  1,182  118.2 
Alexis Sanchez  12  1,617  134.8 
Zlatan Ibrahimovic  12  1,620  135 
Jay Rodriguez  427  142.3 
Charlie Austin  871  145.2 

But for the fact that am not happy with a 220,000K a week deal for him doesnt mean i can't live with it after all he is the most prolific player in chelsea's history(and #6 in EPL history) when it comes to mins per goal ratio

27 minutes ago, Leif said:

Stats are fun, nothing too serious, but this is worthy of a bit of conversation: 

i hope chelsea fans would accept lukaku if we went back for him

19 minutes ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

i hope chelsea fans would accept lukaku 

Off course we would 

45 minutes ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

I would. Be interesting playing him alongside Diego.

37 minutes ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

Lukakus general play isnt better than Costa.