Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

To think some thought Fabregas wasn't a Mourinho signing. Ha. The two have a lot in common personality wise. Keeps getting better with Fabregas.

Mourinho loves winners - and Cesc wants to be a winner in England- it's a match made in heaven...

With Terry, Cesc, Drogba in the dressing room - it's got to give the lads a lot of confidence.

We could be a little more ruthless at times - but yesterday was all about 3 points, no injuries and saving energy for a gruelling schedule!

I find his MOTD comment difficult to believe for a player that has played for 2 of the most ball dominant and creative teams ever in their prime. We played brilliantly in the 1st half but barca and Arsenal in particular have had much better halftime performances during his time at both clubs.

I have seen Barca and Arsenal literally batter teams into absolute submission with the opposition just desperate to hold on for dare life and not even able to advance the ball past their own half. for all the hype about our first half performance, we still only created about 5 clear cut chances and gave the ball away on a couple of occasions. The 2004-2009 Arsenal and 2011-2013 barca have had much better performances both halftime and fulltime.

But then again that's his opinion.

Glad he didnt play in 5-0 El Clasico thrashing, Barca probably played their greatest game in history that day, so Cesc's standards are still matchable, dont think we'll hear that from any Barca players that played in the 11-12 season.

Glad he didnt play in 5-0 El Clasico thrashing, Barca probably played their greatest game in history that day, so Cesc's standards are still matchable, dont think we'll hear that from any Barca players that played in the 11-12 season.

He joined them in 2011

But the best part he talked about was enjoying the match, not about dominance per se. Even though he might have played matches for Barca and Arsenal when they dominated sides more than we did, perhaps the feeling wasn't the same for Cesc because he was not as central to it as he was for us, didn't he have something like 150 passes in the match? You ought to feel good when you're a player that likes the ball at your feet and you literally made 50% more passes than the second highest passer in your team.

Hard to disagree with that.

Chelsea gone from willian/oscar taking corners to cesc....

That in itself was a huge improvement. However, I do wonder how Cesc will play when chelsea plays rm, barca, psg, munich, dortmund in the champs league...

I find his MOTD comment difficult to believe for a player that has played for 2 of the most ball dominant and creative teams ever in their prime. We played brilliantly in the 1st half but barca and Arsenal in particular have had much better halftime performances during his time at both clubs.

I have seen Barca and Arsenal literally batter teams into absolute submission with the opposition just desperate to hold on for dare life and not even able to advance the ball past their own half. for all the hype about our first half performance, we still only created about 5 clear cut chances and gave the ball away on a couple of occasions. The 2004-2009 Arsenal and 2011-2013 barca have had much better performances both halftime and fulltime.

But then again that's his opinion.

That's what happened in the first half though. It was complete and utter domination and only their keeper kept the score from being 3 or 4 (Foster made great saves to deny both Terry and Oscar; Costa missed a great chance by a few inches). It was as dominant a performance as anything I've seen from Barca, Arsenal etc so it's not far-fetched on Fabregas' side to make such a statement, imo.

I know it's only West Brom and the score wasn't reflective of how the game went but that first-half was pretty amazing. I haven't felt that relaxed watching a game in years.

24 sprints but with a total distance of just 9.4 metres between them. The Chelsea midfielder clearly lets his brain do most of the quick stuff because he can’t be accused of not working – nobody in the 2-0 win over the Baggies covered more than his 7.2 miles.