Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Im really interested to see how Cesc plays against a good team...

Against city, I think he failed or was invisible.

Arsenal he played well, but arsenal really isnt a good measuring stick that game..

He's played well against Madrid, United, Liverpool, Barcelona, and AC Milan (when they were a quality side), so there is more than enough evidence to suggest that he can perform

Against top sides. He's been doing so since the age of 18.

It's all about systems. If Silva was in our system would he be as effective? Mata would flourish at City.

this further confirms my suspicion that Silva is one of the most underrated players in world football. There's no player better than him at what he does in the world. (maybe iniesta before he lost his form). He's one of the very few players I have seen that controls the tempo of the game like prime Xavi.

Im really interested to see how Cesc plays against a good team...

Against city, I think he failed or was invisible.

Arsenal he played well, but arsenal really isnt a good measuring stick that game..

What are you talking about? Cesc executed Jose's instructions to perfection vs City.

Besides he is already proven a million times vs all PL teams (good and bad). He played for Arsenal remember?

Two reasons that sometimes make me hate living in North America, I can't watch the UCL games, and there is nobody on talkchelsea when I'm here lol.

Anyways,

WOW...

This board is so fickled.. When chelsea were playing barcelona in 2012, everyone said how much cesc sucked balls back than, but now that he plays for chelsea, hes god status.. However, last year when modric was rumored to chelsea, everyone was sucking his balls as the best cm in the world.

I love how he is all potential when Cesc never started for barcelona on a consistent basis nor Spain (until he played false nine and even than ft9 was still starting) and captain a shit arsenal team, the same team that won nothing besides a fa cup in his tenure there...

Has Thiago magically played on consistent basis for Spain or Barca that somehow makes him a better player than Cesc? No. Again, you can talk about Thiago's potential all you want but the fact that Fabregas is miles ahead of Thiago leaves no question behind. Thiago as a 23 year old is not comparable to Cesc at 23, let alone being comparable to what Cesc is now. I don't need any Youtube videos to prove that. The amount of disagreement you've been getting speaks for itself.

You can see it.... neymar never played for barca, but barca were willing to spend big because everyone knew neymar was the best young player in the world.

In spain, especially catalonia, thiago was the best kid to come out of the academy since messi.

thiago specialized in one touch football, something barca excels at, something cesc never excel at... Just because he had better stats, doesnt make him the better player for a specific system..

Dude the past few days have not been good to you... Your credibility has taken a real hit the last few days.

The comparisons are getting boring, i'm just happy we have Cesc, what a fucking player.

I wrote in another thread that Americans love comparing players. This is like watching ESPN or Fox sports. Tactics, systems and analysis are like heavy math to them and they can barely do basic math.

I wrote in another thread that Americans love comparing players. This is like watching ESPN or Fox sports. Tactics, systems and analysis are like heavy math to them and they can barely do basic math.

Come on, this was completely unnecessary...

That's stupid. Stats, analysis, and tactics are the most concrete way to compare players/teams. Numbers don't like, like in baseball WAR is a stat that measures everything a player does defense, offense, fielding, baserunning, etc. There is nothing wrong with it. Don't be naive, ever hear of sabermetrics? Look it up.

That's stupid. Stats, analysis, and tactics are the most concrete way to compare players/teams. Numbers don't like, like in baseball WAR is a stat that measures everything a player does defense, offense, fielding, baserunning, etc. There is nothing wrong with it. Don't be naive, ever hear of sabermetrics? Look it up.

When did I say that numbers lie or stats should not be used to compare players?

You know what is stupid? Discussing unrelated players for pages in the thread for Reus or comparing Thiago and Fabregas for pages here are stupid things to do.

When did I say that numbers lie or stats should not be used to compare players?

You know what is stupid? Discussing unrelated players for pages in the thread for Reus or comparing Thiago and Fabregas for pages here are stupid things to do.

Maybe I misunderstood, but you said Americans like to do that, as if it's not a good thing to do.

Yes, Nike has been a joke in the threads the last few days, I totally 100% agree with you.[emoji106] [emoji109]

Maybe I misunderstood, but you said Americans like to do that, as if it's not a good thing to do.

Yes, Nike has been a joke in the threads the last few days, I totally 100% agree with you.[emoji106]

I see sometimes videos of Neville on youtube. I miss that kind of analysis now that I have only access to American sports channels. There used to be similar quality posts here, but for the last few days I feel like I am watching ESPN.

Maybe I overreact. I hope things will go back to normal after the break for the int. games.