PSG v Chelsea

Jase

Perhaps, Greek too?

On the fence.

In the 19th century only the English intelligentia learned Greek - status symbol.

Andra moi enepe mousa - polytropon os mala polla.

Our mistake is not adopting the Erasmic accent which is great fun as opposed to standard Greek accent.

The Greek scholars want to kill me for saying that but I believe it.

'The Bosman ruling is brain drain if I may borrow the expression.

If it was the law from the beginning of time the mythical players of the past would not exist. We were going to say "ah this Juventus guy who played for us for a couple of months" for some of the football myths of the past - unless we are Juventus or one of the 6-7-8 other big clubs of Europe.

It's not true Chelsea can't make it without the foreign players. Before Bosman it was one exit to Europe - one cup (Athens 1971) for them (i.e. should have managed to do better at home).

At the same time the whatever restrictions limit peoples freedom and are undemocratic.

Some formula must be found because football is losing support. Ultimately the big 5-6 will find it boring too, if left playing among themselves.

IMO, the Bosman ruling was a great change because it weakened a lot of European leagues, where local players left. And at the begininng of the 90's, English clubs were not in a great shape (because of the 5-years ban from European cups too), and Bosman ruling really improved their level (among other reasons). New foreign coaches and players put an end to the traditional British kick & rush, allowed better tactic strategies, while Italian clubs and their catenaccio wre the best in that field back then.

As a Greek, you should know that Pana reached the CL semi-final in 1995 (sorry for remenbering that if you're an Olympiakos fan :D ). Today, having a Greek team in CL semi final is clearly impossible (because the template has changed too)

But the Bosman ruling had its bad and good consequences, it's clear whan you look at French football. Early 90's: good clubs in European cups but bad national team, late 90's: bad claubs in European cups but best national team in the world, since a lot of players were allowed to play abroad for top teams, especially in Italy.

And regarding English football, Greg Dykes complained about all those foreign players in England as he scares for english national team in the future.

In the 19th century only the English intelligentia learned Greek - status symbol.

Andra moi enepe mousa - polytropon os mala polla.

Our mistake is not adopting the Erasmic accent which is great fun as opposed to standard Greek accent.

The Greek scholars want to kill me for saying that but I believe it.

Those were the days. In the 21st century & on Chelsea forums, English is preferred.

IMO, the Bosman ruling was a great change

As a Greek, you should know that Pana reached the CL semi-final in 1995 (sorry for remenbering that if you're an Olympiakos fan :D ). Today, having a Greek team in CL semi fin

Oly fan - heaven forbid !

That's what I mean you see. All those great Pana players of old would have crossed the border and become Inter Milan players - United players.

Kills competition somewhat.

My Greek team is AEK of Athens.

LOOL. You are not serious are you? :). No but a few postings now were typed in french and I don't understand french. I had to PM one of the french people here to get to understand. I am not willing to keep asking him to translate. People should just type in English for the sake of others here. Right?

It literally took me 10 seconds to find a translation. French is my first language, but I wanted to see how accurate Google Translate has become.
1) Type Google Translate.
2) Copy and Paste.
3) Enjoy!
The translation is understandable, although It is not perfect.

It literally took me 10 seconds to find a translation. French is my first language, but I wanted to see how accurate Google Translate has become.
2) Copy and Paste.
3) Enjoy!

But this is an English forum. I shouldn't need to keep going to translate. Pretty sure your would feel the same way in you PSG forum mate

2) Copy and Paste.
3) Enjoy!

Google translate is utter garb I 'm afraid.

Especially when you try to translate sports reports.

Can I post in Swahili here? Perhaps, it´s better?

the rain in spain stays mainly in the plain

Swahilli: mvua katika spain anakaa hasa katika wazi

Mandarin chinese: 西班牙的雨主要停留在平原

Greek: η βροχή στην Ισπανία παραμένει κυρίως στην πεδιάδα

Turkish: İspanya'da yağmur düzlemde esas kalır

À l'attention de tous les supporters du PSG:
Écrivez tous vos réponses en anglais, s'il vous plaît - ou écrire une traduction de la réponse en anglais.
Merci beaucoup!

For the attention of all TalkChelsea members, please consult the following forum rule:

International Posters
Whilst Standard English is considered to be a pre-requisite for any member on TalkChelsea’s forums and main site, Chelsea Football Club is an internationally-supported football club – and, as such, there are many members on TalkChelsea who hail from different areas of the globe. For this reason, the English of some posters may not be to the same standard across the forums. We request that members respect the posts of foreign members, and should only help them improve their English. Anybody caught abusing members and discriminating against them because of their ability to speak English will be dealt with by the forum Administrators. Chelsea are a global brand and no individual should have their English-speaking ability criticised by members of this forum. Remember that these people are not speaking their native language - please respect that fact.

Furthermore, some members have in the past written messages in their native tongue, such as Dutch or Russian. If you do this, please post a basic English translation for the benefit of all users, as Standard English is expected in all posts. Failure to do this will result in a request from the staff to translate these messages, and they may be repeated.

I (we) need info on many sports topics / issues and get the thumbs down from non-english forums & discussion boards.

In those cases English is foreign.

Some tolerence is needed, somehow, a realistic modus operandi.

No, not at all. Why don´t you Google to translate it?

English language rules the world, adhere to it.

No, not at all. Why don´t you Google to translate it?

English language rules the world, adhere to it.

Translate what ?

They don't reply.

I don't like to rule the world. Extremely boring.I like fast cars-QE2 cruise with miss universe.

Well I suppose some things are secret and it's our job to spy.