Kurt Zouma

Mufassir08

• 2 weeks later...

Can I say something that might offend a few on this board? 

I know a lot of you are very high on Zouma, and fair enough. He is a young, physical and extremely powerful CB prospect at such a young age. I completely agree on that point, but what doesn't impress me so much is his presence on the ball. He doesn't seem very comfortable with the ball at his feet, or making the simple pass at times. It could be just his awkward movement, but he is in fact sure of himself, or it could be something that others have noticed? 

I will say he is far more sure of himself stopping his man at the back than someone like Cahill is, but at the same time he isn't as good as someone like Cahill in terms of presence on the ball, and passing, and I don't consider Cahill to be all that great at it himself. 

Am I wrong here, and simply not taking a good enough look at his game, or are these points about his flaws somewhat correct at this point in time? Are these things, such as comfort on the ball something that he can improve on with time? Or is it better to have him and Luiz playing together, both with different strengths to make us more well rounded?

There are 3 types of defenders really. A proper ball playing CB, which is Luiz. Then you have one who cant really bring the ball out of defence but has a decent passing repertoire, which is Terry. Lastly, the guy who just keeps it simple, which is Zouma or Cahill. So it doesn't really matter if you think Cahill does more than Zouma, they're still firmly in the third tier who can't really do much with the ball. Keep it simple, with the occasional long diagonal, which both Zouma and Cahill have in their locker.

• 2 weeks later...

Not had a PC in seems like months so its 1st Ive heard of this Happy loan jibberish. Well I bleedin hope it is!

I've been thinking since Luiz came back they would make good partners. Both have what the other doesn't so they compliment each other well. Hope to see them together soon.

I wish tho he had been fit for the weekend tho. Really dont want to see Cahill giving balls away to north Londoners.

Luiz and Zouma would be great. But would it really work? It seems without Terry organizing the back line, they all fall apart. Luiz has never been the organizer ever, Chelsea, Brazil or PSG. And Zouma is surely too young and inexperienced to become the organizer.

On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 9:19 PM, Bir_CFC said:

Luiz and Zouma would be great. But would it really work? It seems without Terry organizing the back line, they all fall apart. Luiz has never been the organizer ever, Chelsea, Brazil or PSG. And Zouma is surely too young and inexperienced to become the organizer.

I get what you're saying but at the same time if Zouma's ever gonna become a great organiser I can't but help think that him being sidelined for months should be a great opportunity for him to study a lot more film than he normally would be able to and watch the game from a bird's-eye perspective to learn which defensive strategies in regards to defending setpieces etc should be applied for each situation. Conte and his staff are hopefully taking care of him in that aspect.

1 hour ago, Amblève. said:

I get what you're saying but at the same time if Zouma's ever gonna become a great organiser I can't but help think that him being sidelined for months should be a great opportunity for him to study a lot more film than he normally would be able to and watch the game from a bird's-eye perspective to learn which defensive strategies in regards to defending setpieces etc should be applied for each situation. Conte and his stuff are hopefully taking care of him in that aspect.

At least he's had plenty of matches to see exactly what it is he shouldn't be doing...

24 minutes ago, Fernando said:

He might not even be better then before after that injury.

You guys are placing too much hope on him.

Just face it, our defenders all suck.

Happy is our saviour! Praise be to Happy!  ;)

Antonio Conte: 'Kurt Zouma nearing injury return'

Kurt Zouma of Chelsea in action during the Pre Season Friendly match between Chelsea and Fiorentina at Stamford Bridge on August 5, 2015
© Getty Images

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has revealed that Kurt Zouma is closing in on a return from injury.

The 21-year-old has been sidelined for the past seven months after sustaining an anterior cruciate ligament injury in February.

However, Conte is expecting the French defender back in training next week, and hinted at a possible return to action after the upcoming international break.

"For Zouma, I hope to see him in the training sessions next week. He's in good shape and I hope to see him next week in training, to start counting on him," he told reporters.

"Possibly (he will return after the international break). Possibly. Probably. We will wait one week more."

No JT neither so soddin Cahill will be in again

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Happy is our saviour! Praise be to Happy!  ;)

Antonio Conte: 'Kurt Zouma nearing injury return'

Kurt Zouma of Chelsea in action during the Pre Season Friendly match between Chelsea and Fiorentina at Stamford Bridge on August 5, 2015
© Getty Images

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has revealed that Kurt Zouma is closing in on a return from injury.

The 21-year-old has been sidelined for the past seven months after sustaining an anterior cruciate ligament injury in February.

However, Conte is expecting the French defender back in training next week, and hinted at a possible return to action after the upcoming international break.

"For Zouma, I hope to see him in the training sessions next week. He's in good shape and I hope to see him next week in training, to start counting on him," he told reporters.

"Possibly (he will return after the international break). Possibly. Probably. We will wait one week more."

No JT neither so soddin Cahill will be in again

When is the IN break?

11 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

When is the IN break?

We got a 2 week break after Oct 1st (My B'day ;) ) So we then have Leicester and Mounure at home. So it would be incredible to have him on against the mancs unless he would be hyped up to want some payback.

Just now, Unionjack said:

We got a 2 week break after Oct 1st (My B'day ;) ) So we then have Leicester and Mounure at home. So it would be incredible to have him on against the mancs unless he would be hyped up to want some payback.

he can return to leicester game...