Nemanja Matic

.Cee

Oh, back in the Matic thread after a bad game. Surprise surprise.

"Oh, ojaojaajaij".

Even when people were saying Matic was the best player ever in the second leg of last season I was saying he was not that good. Go on and keep your nonsensical talk about the likes of Xurli being world class players.

"Oh, ojaojaajaij".

Even when people were saying Matic was the best player ever in the second leg of last season I was saying he was not that good. Go on and keep your nonsensical talk about the likes of Xurli being world class players.

Please give it a rest. Matic is fantastic and he proves it day in and day out, every game

"Oh, ojaojaajaij".

Yet you were nowhere to be found in the middle of the season when he was stringing world class performances together.

Say what you want about Schurrle but he's better and more of a scoring threat than Willian and Oscar.

TBH, EPL cms are no where in quality in terms of europe...

outside of in form yaya, I don't think any cm in the league is top 10 in the world.

matic has played bad, but, still a huge reason the league is almost won.

Hasn't been himself for quite a few weeks now. I think he is tired, he has never played this much football anywhere before so it is understandable why he is tired now.

Also the intensity of BPL is much higher than Portuguese League.

It seems there are some people our ideal mid is Matic-Fabregas-Ramires.

It must be one of the poorest mids in top of the league. The talk Matic needing Ramires to upgrade his game doesn't make any sense. If a player need the support of Ramires to do great, then he is not great at all.

Depends what you're looking for. IMO, if you're looking for physicality (which we needed against PSG) then Matic-Cesc-Zouma/Ake is an 04/05 ugly football option for us. However, considering that atm our #10 is rubbish, Matic-RLC-Cesc is the best option, with RLC the box to box helping on both sides of the pitch. Don't care how old he is, Ramires is not good in our modern system, he is a ball winning mid and it doesn't wash with the system. He is too poor on the ball, which hinders the mid/attack transition and when his pace helps him along he can't shoot for shit.

The most frustrating player we have. More so than Mikel, at least he can sweep.

Depends what you're looking for. IMO, if you're looking for physicality (which we needed against PSG) then Matic-Cesc-Zouma/Ake is an 04/05 ugly football option for us. However, considering that atm our #10 is rubbish, Matic-RLC-Cesc is the best option, with RLC the box to box helping on both sides of the pitch. Don't care how old he is, Ramires is not good in our modern system, he is a ball winning mid and it doesn't wash with the system. He is too poor on the ball, which hinders the mid/attack transition and when his pace helps him along he can't shoot for shit.

The most frustrating player we have. More so than Mikel, at least he can sweep.

Ramires may be frustrating but he did pretty well as a substitute against Southampton. Added some legs in midfield when we needed it the most!

I wouldn't mind adding Sneiderlin to our midfield options for next season

I wouldn't mind adding Sneiderlin to our midfield options for next season

It'd be great to have Schneiderlin here in a midfield 3 with Cesc and Matic. Jose would obviously never select this (especially the back 4!) but I'd love to see:

Courtois

Azpi Zouma Varane Luis

Schneiderlin Cesc Matic

Willian Costa Hazard

Equipazo.

It'd be great to have Schneiderlin here in a midfield 3 with Cesc and Matic. Jose would obviously never select this (especially the back 4!) but I'd love to see:

Courtois

Azpi Zouma Varane Luis

Schneiderlin Cesc Matic

Willian Costa Hazard

Equipazo.

Varane and Zouma in the middle... I have to say, I don't believe in a youngster couple. Has there ever been a top team with a very young CB duo? Who is leading that defence? Who is that rock you can count on to perform consistently?

Another problem I see is just two players in that line up hitting 10+ goals over the season, Costa and Hazard. You would be lucky to get 7 goals from Matic, Willian and Schneiderlin. This team seriously needs a reliable goal scorer.

Varane and Zouma in the middle... I have to say, I don't believe in a youngster couple. Has there ever been a top team with a very young CB duo? Who is leading that defence? Who is that rock you can count on to perform consistently?

Another problem I see is just two players in that line up hitting 10+ goals over the season, Costa and Hazard. You would be lucky to get 7 goals from Matic, Willian and Schneiderlin. This team seriously needs a reliable goal scorer.

Any suggestions for a reliable goalscorer?

Zouma-Terry is the most realistic option but I just wanted to fantasise about an all-round mobile and athletic team (with the exception of Cesc) whose pressing no longer causes me so much frustration :lol:

A more productive RW than Willian would also be nice but I don't think we will spend even more on that position and I'd be surprised if Cuadrado managed to usurp him. The side would depend on Hazard and Costa's productivity (set pieces and the back-up striker (Icardi?) can also help) but would be defensively solid enough to cope with not having so many goalscorers. That's the vision anyway!

Any suggestions for a reliable goalscorer?

Are you willing to pay me to look for this fantasy purchase that is never going to happen? I warn you, I'm very expensive.

In 09/10, teams were looking at that Chelsea team with fear. 4 players in that starting XI highly capable of scoring goals in Drogba, Lampard, Malouda and Anelka. That's one of the main reasons Bayern, Barca and Real are so strong. So much fire power. I think Messi alone has scored more goals than Chelsea's front four... isn't that something?

I was hoping for Schurrle and Oscar to step up this season and score goals for the team. Schurrle sadly didn't work out and Oscar has faded yet again after a pretty good start. At a club like Chelsea, you'd expect the player playing behind the striker to either create or score goals. He's doing neither for a long time now. That hurts the team. Take out Costa and the team is in trouble. Set-pieces have been key for not faltering like City.

As for options, Reus was my dream signing because of this. That's pretty much ruled out. Griezmann is very good. Depay is the brightest talent in the Eredivisie. Goal-scoring winger. But he's still very young and who knows how he'll do. He could end up like Suarez or he could end up like those other countless 'flops'.

A less popular shout would be Pedro, though I think he's quality. He would benefit from a move away from Barca. With the trust of a manager and consistent playing time, I think he would be very good addition. Not the most creative player, but a proven goal-scorer over the years. And you can count on him to control a ball properly. Experienced and good work rate (there's that balance again).

They're hard to find but they are out there. The club has a gigantic scouting network and they are paid a lot of money to provide quality players. Put them to work. More Azpi and Matic esque signings. Look at how Zouma turned out. A goal-scoring midfielder would be good too. That de Bruyne chap looks pretty decent. Or steal Alexis Sanchez.

Zouma-Terry is the most realistic option but I just wanted to fantasise about an all-round mobile and athletic team (with the exception of Cesc) whose pressing no longer causes me so much frustration :P

A more productive RW than Willian would also be nice but I don't think we will spend even more on that position and I'd be surprised if Cuadrado managed to usurp him. The side would depend on Hazard and Costa's productivity (set pieces and the back-up striker (Icardi?) can also help) but would be defensively solid enough to cope with not having so many goalscorers. That's the vision anyway!

Very understandable, I do the same. Dreamland is a fun place to visit.

Hmm, a bit like Atletico. I wonder if that works when you're not the underdog. And it would take some back-up striker to score a high amount of goals with Remy like game time.