Playstation 4

Steve

When it comes down in price, yeah. If you like Black Ops, definitely get it. If you liked Ghosts, get your head examined :D But don't expect MW2/MW3, this is nowhere near that level.

Haven't played Ghosts, I used to play multiplayer on MW2 on PC. Got PS4 recently during christmas and am wondering which CoD to buy :)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only COD I really liked was COD 5,which was one of the best games I ever played.Good story and great multiplayer.The maps wre so amazing that I just loved COD 5.Furthermore,in this COD,the kill streaks rewards were perfect for me because if I remember correctely,there were only 3 rewards,which were dogs,artillery and recon plane.After that,COD overused the kill streak awards and the best way to get those killstreaks in the other CODs were to camp and just to wait till one idiot walks into your direction^^.COD 5 was class

Haven't played Ghosts, I used to play multiplayer on MW2 on PC. Got PS4 recently during christmas and am wondering which CoD to buy :)

Ghosts was shit so you've dodged a bullet.

The only COD I really liked was COD 5,which was one of the best games I ever played.Good story and great multiplayer.The maps wre so amazing that I just loved COD 5.Furthermore,in this COD,the kill streaks rewards were perfect for me because if I remember correctely,there were only 3 rewards,which were dogs,artillery and recon plane.After that,COD overused the kill streak awards and the best way to get those killstreaks in the other CODs were to camp and just to wait till one idiot walks into your direction^^.COD 5 was class

Agreed. UAVs and fucking invisibility cloaks have made COD a camper's paradise.

Ghosts was shit so you've dodged a bullet.

Agreed. UAVs and fucking invisibility cloaks have made COD a camper's paradise.

To be honest, the cloak is barely useful. I turn it on and still get shot at.... There was a few times where enemies ran from behind not seeing me :D

Black ops 2 is actually my favorite. This one is not bad, but the maps could be better.

The most annoying part is probably when you accidentally friendly fire and kill a teammate, only for them to come back and shoot your head twice just to get a little bit more than even. I have to remember that I'm playing with alot of kids in this game. Two eyes for an eye and so on. And of course those players who shoot through your head just to get 1 kill.

To be honest, the cloak is barely useful. I turn it on and still get shot at.... There was a few times where enemies ran from behind not seeing me :D

Black ops 2 is actually my favorite. This one is not bad, but the maps could be better.

The most annoying part is probably when you accidentally friendly fire and kill a teammate, only for them to come back and shoot your head twice just to get a little bit more than even. I have to remember that I'm playing with alot of kids in this game. Two eyes for an eye and so on. And of course those players who shoot through your head just to get 1 kill.

Haha I'm such a sprayer on Hardcore that I usually kill more of my own teammates :D

Advanced Warfare got uninstalled after four days of play. The invisibility, boost jumping and strafing are only just a few examples of unappealing developments to the game engine. The guns are pitiful, the new class system is a failed attempt at unnecessary innovation, and the game as a whole is just yet another testament of how this franchise is rapidly deteriorating.

Personally, Call of Duty 4, World at War and Modern Warfare 2 are the holy trinity of the series. Despite not being acclaimed for its narrative, these predecessors at least had semi-enticing story lines with a range of engaging characters (Price, Reznov). The multiplayer, which was the powerhouse responsible for driving the franchise, stroke a well-crafted yet authentic feel. Regardless of the fact that not every gun and what have you was flawlessly balanced, multiplayer gameplay was transparent and replayable. Map design, spot on. Guns, foolproof. Perks, gimmicky yet intriguing. The game play has become monotonous and uninspiring in the more recent instalments, almost like it was trying to be something it wasn't. Some campaign moments on Ghosts and Advanced Warfare felt so desperately put together, writing that screamed God awfulness, a defect that even the celebrity endorsement of Kevin Spacey could not fix. One word, embarrassing.

tl;dr Do not buy Advanced Warfare.

Advanced Warfare got uninstalled after four days of play. The invisibility, boost jumping and strafing are only just a few examples of unappealing developments to the game engine. The guns are pitiful, the new class system is a failed attempt at unnecessary innovation, and the game as a whole is just yet another testament of how this franchise is rapidly deteriorating.

Personally, Call of Duty 4, World at War and Modern Warfare 2 are the holy trinity of the series. Despite not being acclaimed for its narrative, these predecessors at least had semi-enticing story lines with a range of engaging characters (Price, Reznov). The multiplayer, which was the powerhouse responsible for driving the franchise, stroke a well-crafted yet authentic feel. Regardless of the fact that not every gun and what have you was flawlessly balanced, multiplayer gameplay was transparent and replayable. Map design, spot on. Guns, foolproof. Perks, gimmicky yet intriguing. The game play has become monotonous and uninspiring in the more recent instalments, almost like it was trying to be something it wasn't. Some campaign moments on Ghosts and Advanced Warfare felt so desperately put together, writing that screamed God awfulness, a defect that even the celebrity endorsement of Kevin Spacey could not fix. One word, embarrassing.

tl;dr Do not buy Advanced Warfare.

The sad thing is that AW is probably still the best shooter out there.

I love Killzone, but it doesn't have the furiousness of COD. Battlefield is already outdated. And Destiny has an awkward online engine that I don't particularly like.

So whilst I agree and now wish I'd have kept my money, it's still the best we have IMO.

When it comes down in price, yeah. If you like Black Ops, definitely get it. If you liked Ghosts, get your head examined :D But don't expect MW2/MW3, this is nowhere near that level.

haha that's the reason I skipped this year's COD, I'm waiting for the non futuristic version. I don't like futuristic guns. Unless it's a SCI-FI game like Destiny.

The sad thing is that AW is probably still the best shooter out there.

I love Killzone, but it doesn't have the furiousness of COD. Battlefield is already outdated. And Destiny has an awkward online engine that I don't particularly like.

So whilst I agree and now wish I'd have kept my money, it's still the best we have IMO.

If anything, Titanfall was a lot more enjoyable than AW. A fresher breath of air if you like. Sledgehammer somehow hit the nail on the head (no pun intended), and it's not absurd to believe they could pull it off with a second instalment.

haha that's the reason I skipped this year's COD, I'm waiting for the non futuristic version. I don't like futuristic guns. Unless it's a SCI-FI game like Destiny.

Wholeheartedly agree! With it being the 100th anniversary of the start of WW1 and the 75th anniversary of the start of WW2, never has there been a better climate for an old fashioned war game.

If anything, Titanfall was a lot more enjoyable than AW. A fresher breath of air if you like. Sledgehammer somehow hit the nail on the head (no pun intended), and it's not absurd to believe they could pull it off with a second instalment.

I agree. AW copies a LOT of elements.

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...