test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

28. César Azpilicueta

Started by BlueLion.,

2,512 posts in this topic

Really dissappointed that he did not start today.He is a better RB then brana,brings balance and adds width to our play.He should be our 1st choice.

The one good reason why Ivanovic has been starting at RB so far is probably because he compensates for the lack of height and physical presence in the team.

mac.bo likes this

The one good reason why Ivanovic has been starting at RB so far is probably because he compensates for the lack of height and physical presence in the team.

That is the only thing brana has over azpi.Still we are a better and more dynamic team when azpi is our RB imo.

Yeah ivanavic gets caught out too many times at the top end of the pitch and leaves us vunrelable on the right side,dont go over half way line only for corners&free kicks!But agree we need height in our team against certain teams but we have back 4 of Luiz Terry Cahill Ivanavic at our disposal if needs be!

I have no problem with Ivanovic being out starter. He's a very good player. The issue here for me is that Azpilicueta showed that he deserves to get game time at least and this is our 6th game of any meaning and Azpilicueta hasn't started a single one. A CB will get hurt/suspended at some point which will give Azpilicueta minutes so he will definitely play, but it's curious.

Blue Armour and OneMoSalah like this

Feel sorry for this guy.

Last season he was one of our most consistent players and showed us the benefits of having an actual RB instead of a makeshift one. But for what ever reason (not being over 6ft, skinny, or simply being Spanish) Jose's seems to be ignoring his quality in favour for a player who is not a RB and can have some very poor performances there.

Agreed he deserves a chance, come on Jose, give other people a shot, those ones last night were pretty weak.

Ivanovic wasn't.

Jose is clearly still looking for his best XI and his best system, so I doubt he'll change the things that actually are working at the moment. Once the squad is a bit more settled then I'm sure players like Azpi will get a chance.

Gotta feel for the guy.Last season he was brilliant in defence and very important for our attack but in the summer a new manager comes in who prefers physicality and relegates azpi to the bench :( .

Absence would seem to make the heart grow fonder here ,Azpi was not god at the end of last season vSouthampton he was given a lesson in full back play by an 18 year old kid and his display in Europa final was as bad as you could imagine. Ivan I think has been our most consistent player this season,his selection is a no brainer.

Absence would seem to make the heart grow fonder here ,Azpi was not god at the end of last season vSouthampton he was given a lesson in full back play by an 18 year old kid and his display in Europa final was as bad as you could imagine. Ivan I think has been our most consistent player this season,his selection is a no brainer.

I respect your opinion but I totally disagree with you. Granted Azpi is prone to lapses in concentration, but he was one of the stand-out performers under the Rafa Regime. He adds far more to the team in an offensive sense, and unlike Ivanovic - who, in my view, is developing a lazy streak - actually closes down attacking wide players instead of allowing the cross to come in.

Mufassir08 likes this

I respect your opinion but I totally disagree with you. Granted Azpi is prone to lapses in concentration, but he was one of the stand-out performers under the Rafa Regime. He adds far more to the team in an offensive sense, and unlike Ivanovic - who, in my view, is developing a lazy streak - actually closes down attacking wide players instead of allowing the cross to come in.

What the fuck?

The guy is a machine, doesn't stop running all day and gets up and down that right wing with fuck all support sometimes....and he's developing a lazy streak???

I do sometimes wonder if people watch the matches when they make comments like this.

Bosnian Blue and Barbara like this

BOOOM!!!!

dude, seriously??? iva's workrate has been BRILLIANT. absolutely phenomenal. he is always available on the right wide providing us much-much-much needed width.

also, iva never closed down wingers. it was always one of his poor points. i mean even in 2009-10 when he got RB of the year, he still had the problem, so this is not something that has "developed" now.

as for offensively, iva so far has been a very good outlet. look at his cross to etoo at the near post. a couple of brilliant runs in the basel and fulham match.

Bosnian Blue and Barbara like this