Scott Sinclair

PaulHopkins

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...
Roberto Martinez looks likely to pull off a fantastic signing by getting Chelsea youngster Scott Sinclair after talks to sign Victor Moses from Crystal Palace broke down through how the transfer fee was to be paid.

Sinclair is a prodigious talent and can operate as an out and out striker or wide on the right, he has pace to burn and is still only 20 years old.

He joined Chelsea from Bristol Rovers in July 2005 but has since found himself out on loan at a number of Championship clubs finding it difficult to break into the first team at Stamford Bridge and was at Birmingham City from January 2009 until the end of the season.

What is it with us and loaning off all our young players????

This is why our youth academy is crap! We just offload everyone on loan, at least give him a season!

Psssh, it's on SkySports news now anyway!

A loan move to Wigan is an excellant move for Sinclair. It is his chance to play Premiership football on a regular basis. It is fantastic that we are now finally getting Premiership loan deals for our young players, this is the next level for them where they can show they can do it at this level. Hopefully he can get the games he needs there. Quite a big move for him also considering his loan moves in the Championship have not been a massive success.

Shame we couldn't get Bertrand in a Premiership club also, although i am sure we are looking at getting Jack Cork into one.

I noticed when Yernited loaned out to Prem clubs there was always a clause that they couldnt play against them -wonder if this is the case with Di Santo, Sinclair.......

Without a doubt. The last thing you want is your own player to put up and score against you....

A loan move to Wigan is an excellant move for Sinclair. It is his chance to play Premiership football on a regular basis. It is fantastic that we are now finally getting Premiership loan deals for our young players, this is the next level for them where they can show they can do it at this level. Hopefully he can get the games he needs there. Quite a big move for him also considering his loan moves in the Championship have not been a massive success.

Shame we couldn't get Bertrand in a Premiership club also, although i am sure we are looking at getting Jack Cork into one.

Agree. 1 season could kind of determine their future. 

I seriously hope they do well.  :eyebrows:

Think it would be a great move for him, on loan, much like Mancienne going to Wolves and di Santo to Rovers. I think Sinclair is too good for the Championship after proving himself to be adept in that particular league, and a step up for him is a move to a club like Wigan where he is likely to play around 20 games in the PL.

Do wigan have any wingers in their squad ?? I dont think so. because in that case its a possibility that he might get 1st team action more than we hope as well !!! In any case, a loan to a premierleague club is always better than a championship one ..

Here's wishing both DiSanto and Scott best wishes :)

I think he'll replace Valencia on the wing for this season for Wigan, and then they'll sign somebody. Hopefully he can gain confidence and get the praise he deserves. This could either make him or break him, hopefully it can make him.

I think Sinclairs not so amazing time in the Championship is easily explainable....Its because the league is too rough and physical...Not enough about football...Although this image has changed a lot over the past few years...Its still the case. My dad is a Birmingham City fan and so i was forced to watch Sinclair last season...He got bullied at times...The premier league is less so physical and will suit him better...And also the quality that he will be playing WITH will help, as with Di Santo

• 10 months later...
Blackpool manager Ian Holloway is plotting an ambitious bid for Chelsea starlet Scott Sinclair.

It would be a reunion of sort as it was Ian Holloway who first discovered Scott Sinclair at 10 years old.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/859047/HOLLOWAY-EYES-SINCLAIR-REUNION.html

• 1 month later...

don't think scott will move on, he has shown glimpses of his ability in his pre season he could be an super sub and sometimes start games against lower opponents, he was relly good against Frankfurt, no one of frankfurts defenders could get near him, so they started to kick him around... after the last couple of games, i hope he stays and gets a super sub, like inzaghi but in an other position of course...

Would be a good move for Scott to play again with Holloway who knows him very well and would give him the games. Might be worth in this case making it a loan move as this could really kick-start his career. Although i could understand why if the club to make a transfer.

If the above link is right and he's allegedly going to Swansea it would be a superb move for him. Unfortunately, in my opinion, Scott is simply just a very good Championship-level footballer, I don't think he has shown the quality to be a Chelsea first-team player.