Scott Sinclair

PaulHopkins

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the above link is right and he's allegedly going to Swansea it would be a superb move for him. Unfortunately, in my opinion, Scott is simply just a very good Championship-level footballer, I don't think he has shown the quality to be a Chelsea first-team player.

Have always felt a bit sorry for Scott actually, his loan moves have always been fragmented and he has never really got going anywhere for various reasons. Was a quality player up until the point he went on loan and then it started to wrong for him, his initial loan at Plymouth was very good but after that it never worked.

I agree, I don't think he's been managed well at all. I hope the club doesn't do the same with other youngsters, especially Josh McEachran or Conor Clifford.

Scott's was at a time when the academy was still finding it's feet. I think the set up is a 100 times better now and i don't think players will be mis-managed in the same way again.

Just seen on the Mirrors website, that he's apparently going to snub a move to Ipswich and Swansea in order to move to Blackpool.

I assume this means a permanent transfer because apparently he wants to be nearer to his girlfriend who's an actress on Coronation Street HA.

Edited by BomTrett

He is one of the players who really tried on the pre-season. I rate him very high. He could be our Walcott. We need someone like him especially since Stoch is gone. He could play on left or right wing and tear defenders apart. He is better sub than Kalou.

Swans reveal Sinclair approach

No further contact from Blackpool regarding Rangel

Scott-Sinclair_2449458.jpg Sinclair: Wanted by Swans

Swansea have made an approach for Chelsea winger Scott Sinclair, while chairman Huw Jenkins has also confirmed Blackpool have not come back with an increased bid for right-back Angel Rangel.

Sinclairspacer.gif worked with Swans boss Brendan Rodgersspacer.gif during his time at Stamford Bridge and it is hoped that could sway the 21-year-old when he returns from Chelsea'sspacer.gif short pre-season trip to Germany.

The youngster has failed to establish himself with the reigning Premier League champions and has instead enjoyed several loan spells, most recently at Wigan last season, but the Swans are keen to lure him on a permanent deal.

"We have spoken to Chelsea about Scott," Jenkinsspacer.gif confirmed in the South Wales Evening Post.

"Brendan obviously knows him pretty well from his time at Chelsea and we hope that could play a part in Scott's decision.

"The next step is to try to make contact with the player. If something was to happen, though, we're not sure whether it would take a few days or a few weeks."

Regarding Rangel,spacer.gif who was the subject of a rejected bid from Blackpoolspacer.gif last Friday, Jenkins added: "I've not spoken to anyone at Blackpool since we turned down their offer.

"I'm not sure if they will phone us again regarding Angel, but he is a player we are not looking to sell."

Source: SkySports

In my opinion, i hope that he doesn't go anywhere and Carlo gives him one more chance. In pre-season he showed me class and dedication to do well for the time when he was on the feild. I say give him one more chance here at Chelsea then at some loan team.

But, if he shall leave, then i hope we can milk as much money for him as we can. But like i said, maybe that dedication is something we would need in the last dying minutes of a game for a final attack.

As with the likes of Mancienne and Cork, I would ideally want Sinclair also to have one full season with us for a chance to prove himself. He didn't do well at Wigan last year, but it''d be a shame if he goes without having an opportunity to show us what he can do.

As i have already said, would not be suprised at all if we sold Scott, there is only so long you can keep players around once they have spent so long on loan and reach a certain age. The Sun has it this morning that Scott will sign for Swansea.

dont we have to keep Sinclair as we don't have enough homegown players in our squad i think we only have seven including Sinclair so we still need one more i think.

Edited by jmarlow

dont we have to keep Sinclair as we don't have enough homegown players in our squad i think we only have seven including Sinclair so we still need one more i think.

We don't "have" to fill our homegrown quota, it just means that we work with a smaller squad, although boosted by the "U21" group which will contain players like Kakuta, Bruma, Borini, Van Aanholt ect..

As i have already said, would not be suprised at all if we sold Scott, there is only so long you can keep players around once they have spent so long on loan and reach a certain age. The Sun has it this morning that Scott will sign for Swansea.

Do you really feel he's got no future in the Chelsea team Esk? Carlo did seem to want to play him in pre-season.

Do you really feel he's got no future in the Chelsea team Esk? Carlo did seem to want to play him in pre-season.

Only to make up numbers. I think the only chance he would have had was to have got a Premiership loan move again and he really made something of it. Doesn't seem like that will happen though and a Championship loan would be no good to him or us at this stage, so it may be best to let him go now.

Only to make up numbers. I think the only chance he would have had was to have got a Premiership loan move again and he really made something of it. Doesn't seem like that will happen though and a Championship loan would be no good to him or us at this stage, so it may be best to let him go now.

Very sad he along with ben sahar was really promising, he had a good game against arsenal i suppose !

Very sad he along with ben sahar was really promising, he had a good game against arsenal i suppose !

Both players not handled too well by the club with regards to loans and first team appearances ect... It's all dealt with a lot better these players with players like Van Aanholt being the model of how to deal with players with loans/first team appearances.