Oscar

themightyblue

He played a crucial role in getting the goal. He did not have a great game. He done his job. Hazard and Oscar both played a crucial role in getting the winner. Credit to both. Anything more is just OTT. I don't think this should be used as a game to say he merits a start though.

Give it a rest already. He clearly changed the game. We weren't in it until he was subbed on.

And people claim they don't hate him. Can't even give him credit for playing a crucial role in potentially a title winning game. Pathetic.

Give it a rest already. He clearly changed the game. We weren't in it until he was subbed on.

And people claim they don't hate him. Can't even give him credit for playing a crucial role in potentially a title winning game. Pathetic.

Give it a rest? Why don't you?

He changed the game? Yes, with the link up play with Hazard at the end. I credited him for that but like I was saying that is it. He did not do anything major apart from that that shows he his picking up great form. That is how I honestly see it.

I don't think this should be used as a game to say he merits a start though.

Agree with this. His impact was circumstantial; coming on at that time suited him.

He did not do anything major apart from that that shows he his picking up great form. That is how I honestly see it.

It doesn't necessarily have to be one play or moment. Our general ball movement when Oscar came on today was a lot quicker and more meaningful than when he wasn't there, and as I said in my post I think he gave us a bit of a spark of attacking intent that we needed at the time.

He was active when he came on because he was fresh and had energy. But then he turned into the normal Oscar, lost the balls in typical Oscar situations.

The best one was when he had two options to pass in a counter attack and decided to give the ball to the opponent.

His link up with Hazard for the goal was so basic but people praise him for it, that's "good football" for Oscar nowadays.

Agree with this. His impact was circumstantial; coming on at that time suited him.

It doesn't necessarily have to be one play or moment. Our general ball movement when Oscar came on today was a lot quicker and more meaningful than when he wasn't there, and as I said in my post I think he gave us a bit of a spark of attacking intent that we needed at the time.

I don't understand though? It is not like we played well when he came on. We did not get any closer to scoring. Up until the goal we still had 0 shots on target. I am not criticising him anyway but the performance was bad today. But Oscar and Hazard halped change the game with that link up for Fabregas goal. As simple as that for me. Like Stroey said he came on pressed well and I remember he also did one wasteful pass then at the end he provided a nice pass for Hazard to set up Fabregas.

I don't understand though? It is not like we played well when he came on. We did not get any closer to scoring.

Correct, we didn't play well at any stage today. However, I don't think there's any doubt that we played better in the minutes that followed Oscar's introduction. That's fine if you don't agree, just how I saw the game.

Correct, we didn't play well at any stage today, but I don't think there's any doubt that we played better in the minutes that followed Oscar's introduction. That's fine if you don't agree, just how I saw the game.

Yeah, fair enough. As I was saying, he was not awful. But the overreaction after the goal is a bit OTT. It as if a few here are having digs at those who have been giving justified criticism of Oscar. That is how it looks. When we played Southampton last season at St Marys and won 3-0 and Oscar came on for Mata just past the 50th minute that is what I call changing a game. Because that game he truly did. Compare that game and the one today and you can see the difference.

But the overreaction after the goal is a bit OTT.
Agree with that, the lead up to the goal belonged to Hazard (and Rob Green!), with Oscar playing a very minor role.
When we played Southampton last season at St Marys and won 3-0 and Oscar came on for Mata just past the 50th minute that is what I call changing a game. Because that game he truly did. Compare that game and the one today and you can see the difference.
Yeah, but there's more to a player's introduction than just the defence-splitting passes they play, the assists they make, and/or the goals they score after coming on. It can be more indirect - such as making better runs and linking up better with simple passes that in the end create more fluent attacks. This is what I believe happened today. There's no doubt that Fabregas, Hazard and Willian work better with Oscar than they do with Ramires, and the way Oscar facilitated our attacks when he came on today meant a better looking Chelsea after his introduction. For me, anyway.

For some reason, any match we don't start with him, hazard struggles

Oscar quote on quote plays cam, but Oscar allows Eden to play in the middle whenever he wants as well. Covers everyone's else space. Very easy to see why Hazard doesn't play well for belgium, yet, has been the league's best player this year...

Spacing is crucial for any attacking player. It's already bad enough Jose plays azpi on the left side, which gives less space for hazard....

Oscar quote on quote plays cam, but Oscar allows Eden to play in the middle whenever he wants as well. Covers everyone's else space. Very easy to see why Hazard doesn't play well for belgium, yet, has been the league's best player this year...

Spacing is crucial for any attacking player. It's already bad enough Jose plays azpi on the left side, which gives less space for hazard....

The thing is that Oscar has far better movement around the pitch than ramires. We don't have any other attacking midfielder in our team who moves around like him when but the other attacking midfielders are better than him on the ball. He moves around the play but his quality on the ball is his main weakness.

Its a dilemma really.... We're not perfect in too many positions of our team.

Well here we are again, after another game where he does almost nothing special (he did ok in the time he was on the pitch) and people start saying that the things others do are because of Oscar...

Face the reality. He was horrible in te last 3 months and at best ok in the first months of the season. Just like last season.

It's not good enough and he will end this season again as one of the worst players in the team.

He needs to improve a lot to be considered a decent starter here.