Oscar

themightyblue

He's right, he is staying next season.

However if next season he goes hiding, I'm sure Mourinho will sell him to PSG.

Which is the logical thing to do if he doesn't perform, we can't afford to keep him if he does nothing.

It's good that he says he's staying, but until the end of the transfer window, everything is up in the air, no matter what players say. If PSG or someone else makes a great offer, who knows? We don't know Jose's plans.

TBH, if Chelsea does sell Oscar, than who starts in the middle?

Hazard? Will he press the team effectively? Will his energy be used defensively?

Willian? Where will his goals come from? Can he last a full season playing under Jose tactics?

Unless, Modric, JRod or Thiago come to Chelsea, selling Oscar will be pointless imo.

For example, yesterday and throughout the tournament, a ton of Brazil chances comes through Oscar winning the ball and retaining possession for Brazil. Similar to first haf Oscar was...

Hazard? Will he press the team effectively? Will his energy be used defensively?

Willian? Where will his goals come from? Can he last a full season playing under Jose tactics?

Unless, Modric, JRod or Thiago come to Chelsea, selling Oscar will be pointless imo.

For example, yesterday and throughout the tournament, a ton of Brazil chances comes through Oscar winning the ball and retaining possession for Brazil. Similar to first haf Oscar was...

It all depends on Jose's plans. After Fabregas's signing, Jose has options. If he wants to buy a hard-working CM, Fabregas will easily play in the middle as a CAM--many argue that's where he should be played rather than as a CM.
And to be fair, while it's great that Oscar is winning the ball and retaining possession for Brazil, it's not really #10's main job. Creating chances is. Sometimes I think both Hazard and Fabregas would be better as CAMs than Oscar. They're both more creative.

Many players underperformed at the critical moment: in defense, middle, and of course, attack. So many points lost at home against shitty teams for example.

Next season will be a key for many players. Not that will be labeled bad or anything like that, but reckon Jose may want to improve on them to grab some silverware... if he's still the manager at the end of the season.

I think Oscar is just looking for an improved contract. We don't even know Jose's plans yet with Oscar and Cesc and their roles.

If I was looking for an improved contract I would be at least trying to look like I wanted it.

We won't sell him. Not yet. After Mourinho publicly backed him, he's probably here on a last-chance basis. If he has another poor/indifferent season in the same way he finished 2013/14, he'll be gone, and José will go and buy someone he wants. Selling Mata has shown no one is irreplaceable, and/or undroppable.

We don't need Oscar. If he doesn't improve significantly next season, I have absolutely no problem if he decides to leave for PSG. Willian/Hazard can take his place at the number 10 role. For me, Salah is better than him... Also Schurrle.

Has been a 8.5-9/10 for brazil in the 3 matches so far. Was barely 6-6.5 for us.

He will be CRITICAL for us next season. Anither average season would mean our chances of winning the PL decreasing drastically. Neither will jose get another chamce in that case nor will he. So far chelsea's future, I hope he shows more CHARACTER for us next season.

Has been a 8.5-9/10 for brazil in the 3 matches so far. Was barely 6-6.5 for us.

He will be CRITICAL for us next season. Anither average season would mean our chances of winning the PL decreasing drastically. Neither will jose get another chamce in that case nor will he. So far chelsea's future, I hope he shows more CHARACTER for us next season.

No he wasnt. He was good in the first match (half of it) and the rest he was very average.

No he wasnt. He was good in the first match (half of it) and the rest he was very average.

Well he definitely was. If u think he was not good in the second half of the first match where he owned modric twice, won almost all 50-50 balls in the mid and scored a goal then I can't see what earns a tag of good performanxe.

In the second match, he was the player thru whom evrything went in the first half. Still remember him running past people on the flanks to make brazil's best opportunity in the first half.

Well he definitely was. If u think he was not good in the second half of the first match where he owned modric twice, won almost all 50-50 balls in the mid and scored a goal then I can't see what earns a tag of good performanxe.

In the second match, he was the player thru whom evrything went in the first half. Still remember him running past people on the flanks to make brazil's best opportunity in the first half.

He wasn't good in the first half..... Second was brilliant. Second and third match not good enough.. .sry bro.

He wasn't good in the first half..... Second was brilliant. Second and third match not good enough.. .sry bro.

not good enough??!!! He has been the main stay of the team. Has covered every blade of grass in every match. Has tackled everyome standing. Linked up well be it on the right wing, left wing or thru the center. He and gustavo have been the stand out players in the furst 3 matches.