test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Oscar

Started by BlueLion.,

12,585 posts in this topic

As poor as he was yesterday, we were far poorer without him on the pitch. As soon as he came off we couldn't keep hold of the ball. That said, his passing in the final 3rd really annoys me. I mea even simple passes he was getting wrong.

This one in particular pissed me off. https://mid.vncdn.co/vine/videos/14793D711C1138497838137958400_3ffca1b740e.0.0.10594276347886385080.mp4

Such an easy pass and gets the weight of it woefully wrong and forces Eden away from the goal.

That is just so bad; it's even worse than I remembered it. It should be the most simple of simple passes and yet he completely and utterly destroys the chance. That's the kind of pass you expect even average players to make with their eyes closed. Inexcusable stuff really.

Don't really get the hype for Willian. He beats defenders 3/4 of the time and then crosses the ball into noman's land.

3/4 is a generous estimate. If he gets it past them they usually recover anyway before he's decided what to do with the ball.

Barbara likes this

3/4 is a generous estimate. If he gets it past them they usually recover anyway before he's decided what to do with the ball.

True. Seeing pacey players not making use of their speed is always such a shame.

True. Seeing pacey players not making use of their speed is always such a shame.

This may sound harsh, but Willian is basically Lennon with a much better work rate.

Moros likes this

I can't think of any Chelsea player that has been more overrated than Oscar. I don't think I'll ever see great attacking player in him despite some glorious free kicks, goals and assists now and then. He shouldn't be near the final three/ four in the team aspiring to achieve something in Europa against Real, Barca, Bayern, in particular. To be fair, the same can be said about Willian, Schurrle ( maybe even Ramires) but none of these players are nearly as appreciated as Oscar is.

He will come handy against smaller teams, when he can do what he does best, hustling opposition while he has Hazard, Fabregas and Costa to do attacking work and score goals.

But top teams, who find the way to mark Fabregas, will probably expose the real Oscar - the one almost ineffective in attacking sense.

That is if he plays.

stroey likes this

This Oscar some people around here want, the guy with lots of creativity, great touches, an assist machine... who cannot defend to save his life... well that was Juan Mata!

Yet Oscar stayed and Mata is gone. So, it really comes down to jose's preferences as to how his squad should play and the characteristics of the players in the starting XI.

Reckon that what people dislike about Oscar, that he is too defensive in the AM position, is exactly what Jose wants from him.

Which brings me to my last point: perhaps Oscar cannot do ALL defensive work that Jose asks him to do AND produce as much when going forward; I mean something's gotta give and perhaps Oscar is indeed sacrificing himself for the team.

Whatever it is, it seems to be working.

Madmax, sainttourist and DYC. like this

He would be better if we had a creative rw.

Reus-Oscar-Hazard would be a tremendous attacking trio.

Yeah having a creative RW will magically erase the bad passing game he had against Man U... people sometimes.

Chelsea? likes this

Yeah having a creative RW will magically erase the bad passing game he had against Man U... people sometimes.

If we have a creative RW, which Willian isn't, would take pressure of him and Hazard to be creative. It would help, don't be silly.

If we have a creative RW, which Willian isn't, would take pressure of him and Hazard to be creative. It would help, don't be silly.

It goes both way's, Oscar has never been mister creative.

Decent game from him. Seemed to play pretty deep and helped a lot with build up play. That pass to Willian was nice too.

This Oscar some people around here want, the guy with lots of creativity, great touches, an assist machine... who cannot defend to save his life... well that was Juan Mata!

Yet Oscar stayed and Mata is gone. So, it really comes down to jose's preferences as to how his squad should play and the characteristics of the players in the starting XI.

Reckon that what people dislike about Oscar, that he is too defensive in the AM position, is exactly what Jose wants from him.

Which brings me to my last point: perhaps Oscar cannot do ALL defensive work that Jose asks him to do AND produce as much when going forward; I mean something's gotta give and perhaps Oscar is indeed sacrificing himself for the team.

Whatever it is, it seems to be working.

As I said it before, Ozil could do it in Madrid. And there are many others #10 that can do it.

Oscar is right now one of the problems in this team... the number 10 should be capable of create something regularly

Why not keep Oscar as sort of a high midfielder working with Matic and Cesc, and instead use Felipe more often. With Felipe, he can push forward, allowing Eden to come in more and taking up Oscar's number 10 role.

As I said it before, Ozil could do it in Madrid. And there are many others #10 that can do it.

Oscar is right now one of the problems in this team... the number 10 should be capable of create something regularly

Ozil cannot defend. He will never be able to defend because he's not quick enough. He also has very low work rate; some would say he's a bit lazy on the pitch.

Hazard is our Ozil (but quick and works harder) and Jose only allows one player to have somewhat of a free role on his squad and that role is taken by Hazard. There won't be another.

Once again Ozil was available. As was Mata (for free too!). And yet Jose sticks with Oscar because he doesn't want a 10 (already has one); he wants a number 8 - take a hint from the number on his back.

Cescy and DYC. like this

I think it would free him up immensely to do what he does best, which is to float around the pitch and help out with a little everything. Pressing, passing whatever, but hazard costa and a rw just as potent would provide a structure for him to be his best

iseah100 likes this