Luke Shaw

Joker10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be beyond idiotic if we went out an wasted money on a ridiculously overhyped (not overrated but very hyped) 18 year old kid, when we can buy an equally as good or better young LB for much cheaper.

Rodriguez at Wolfsburg, Moreno at Sevilla, Bernat at Valencia. These are all fantastic young LB's who won't cost more than 20 million pounds.

Just consider this: The same PSG who just payed an insane amount of cash for David Luiz payed about 15 milion euros (about 9 million pounds!) for Lucas Digne, the best LB prospect from France and a player we were also after. So, there is a difference in evaluation of over 25 million pounds between the best LB prospects in France and England, lol.

Pardon my German, but why the fuck should Chelsea pay in excess of 20 + million pounds for bloody Luke Shaw? Southampton are delusional for rejecting United's bid of 27 million pounds (about 35 million euros) for Shaw.

If we are so worried about CL quota's then promote the youth. Our best players from our youth teams are English anyway. Bring back Chalobah, promote Baker, Swift, and so on. Also if we are really worried about home-grown players, then why let Ashley go?

I hope we back off from the Shaw deal until Southampton see sense. Man united have already done so anyway, now that they've renewed Evra's contract. It makes no sense for us right now.

GET LUKE NOW!! STEAL THE KID!!!! WE HAVE GOT THE MONEY!!! COME ON CHELSEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, anything more than 20 would be a rip off and we would be idiots to do same mistakes again.

30 mill for an 18yo with little experience is ridiculous. Just because we have money from the Luiz deal doesn't mean we should be splashing cash about like it's going out of fashion. The Luiz transfer will only go down as a good deal if we spend that money wisely. 30 mill for Shaw is not wise.

30 mill for an 18yo with little experience is ridiculous. Just because we have money from the Luiz deal doesn't mean we should be splashing cash about like it's going out of fashion. The Luiz transfer will only go down as a good deal if we spend that money wisely. 30 mill for Shaw is not wise.

You never know, the reason for the sale might well have been to fund this deal. Sometimes you just have to roll the dice, can't always play it safe and sign a Del Horno 2.0 instead.

You never know, the reason for the sale might well have been to fund this deal. Sometimes you just have to roll the dice, can't always play it safe and sign a Del Horno 2.0 instead.

I agree with you, that may well be the case, but in my opinion i think it would be a silly move. We could get so much more with this money. I would rather not see us blow more than half of it on a novice. Just my opinion.

So many people against Shaw here!

What the hell happened? Has everyone forgot how good he's been the last year/18 months?

Rodriguez/Moreno and anyone else from foreign leagues are as big a risk as Shaw, maybe even more as they are PL unproven.

Shaw is younger, proven in the PL and above all else, English, which will help fill our quota over the coming years.

An English player that is good enough to be in our first team squad is not to be sniffed at.

While he might be expensive (~£27M), Rodriguez (the only player better than Shaw) will nearly be as much and Moreno and others just aren't as good.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You