Eden Hazard

the wes

What a class buy this will turn out to be. Reminds me of Joe Cole so much just a bit faster, stronger and a whole chunk better.

Lol my mate is totally jealous because we signed him and is now saying Kagawa is better.... what a knob. :wank2:

Shinji Kagawa is a very good player. And in the short term, I believe that signing Kagawa, isn't a loss in quality for Man Utd. In my opinion, the nippon is, at this moment, a better player.

Really? I don't disagree with you because I don't know enough about Kagawa to do so. But if you can I'd love to hear your reasoning. It'll help me learn a bit more about Hazard and Kagawa.

Really? I don't disagree with you because I don't know enough about Kagawa to do so. But if you can I'd love to hear your reasoning. It'll help me learn a bit more about Hazard and Kagawa.

Well, I have actually seen more Kagawa playing than Hazard, but I've been more impressed by the first man. For instance, I found him very good against Bayern, toward the end of the season last year (against them when Borussia sealed the Bundesliga and in the final of their national cup) - I do not expect Eden to do as good as him (well if he does, I'll be happy), against Man Utd or City (for example) this season. I believe Kagawa is a more accomplished/complete player, and - how to put it in words... - has more weight/influence on the game. In my opinion, Kagawa is also more sharp, has a better timing to be in the right position to score goals, make assists or recover the ball.

Well, I have actually seen more Kagawa playing than Hazard, but I've been more impressed by the first man. For instance, I found him very good against Bayern, toward the end of the season last year (against them when Borussia sealed the Bundesliga and in the final of their national cup) - I do not expect Eden to do as good as him (well if he does, I'll be happy), against Man Utd or City (for example) this season. I believe Kagawa is a more accomplished/complete player, and - how to put it in words... - has more weight/influence on the game. In my opinion, Kagawa is also more sharp, has a better timing to be in the right position to score goals, make assists or recover the ball.

He was BEAST in game against Bayern in DFB Cup Final i agree. Kagawa is better playmaker, Eden is better scorer than him.

All shit aside, this is a new league, new environment, new style of playing. Who ever approaches it with the best quality will surely be the better player.

Class act. For a guy making his debut after not playing much lately (end of season n all that), he looked so sharpe, so skillful and so quick. I was soooo impressed with his performance i genuinely think he could be a future world star in the realm of Ronaldo and Messi. I know that against Seattle but you can see what kind of player he is and what he can do. Special talent.

Cracking article form The Daily Mail.

Eden Hazard made his Chelsea debut in their first pre-season game, scoring in a 4-2 win over Seattle Sounders.

It was quite a start for the 21-year-old Belgium playmaker, but what does £32million get you these days? Well, how about Robert Pires, Lionel Messi and Dennis Bergkamp all rolled into one ...

FIRST TOUCH

OK, if you've just been signed for £32million you would expect to have a pretty decent first touch - but Hazard's control looks immaculate. His first touch, in any situation, was as close to perfect as you could get. In a tight spot he kept the ball under close control, in space he prodded it forwarded the perfect distance so not to break his stride and if a defender was tight, he has the ability to turn his maker with one flick of his boot. Robert Pires had the best first touch of any Premier league player I've ever seen - but Hazard looks to be just as good.

MOVEMENT

In a word: excellent. He popped up everywhere in the attacking third to pose the Sounders serious problems, especially in the first half. He seems to have that knack of finding space in areas where he can hurt the opposition. And his pace means he is able to escape the attentions of his marker with a sharp burst of speed in order to collect a pass and have his influence on the game. Bigger tests are to come, and he will have to be more disciplined in certain Premier League games but the message is clear to Chelsea's rivals next season: Let Hazard roam and he'll hurt you.

DRIBBLING

A local journalist shouted across the CenturyLink Field press box on Wednesday night: 'Hazard dribbles the ball like Messi.' The proclamation was probably a bit exaggerated - but you could see where he was coming from. The ball sticks to his feet effortlessly - and despite his small stature he looks to have the strength and balance to ride the robust challenges he will be accustomed too nest season. Sounders right-back Zach Scott can tell you all about that - he'll be glad when Hazard leaves for New York on Friday.

AWARENESS

People always used to say what made Dennis Bergkamp so good was that he always had a picture in his head. Hazard looks to have that same component in his game. The Belgian knew when to play one touch, when to hold it, when to run with it and when to pass it. Okay, it was a pre-season friendly against Seattle Sounders, but Hazard showed signs on Wednesday night that he is certainly not just a show pony - the final product is definitely there.

SHOOTING

Yes, he scored on his debut - but the shot for his goal did take a huge deflection before rolling past stranded Sounders keeper Bryan Meredith. Aside from that Hazard did not really show his ability to work the goalkeeper - but what will please manager Roberto Di Matteo was the 21-year-old's ability to pop up in positions where he could pull the trigger. And even more worrying for opposing defenders and goalkeepers next season, Hazard is good with both feet. Furthermore, his 21 goals for Lille last season suggests he knows where the goal is.

That is just beautiful to read..,