test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

DavidEU

Eden Hazard

Started by DavidEU,

25,877 posts in this topic

I think many are expecting Hazard to be an alpha-male type of player like Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Bale, Ibra etc when in reality he's more of the beta type.

He's the type of player that excels when the entire team is playing well, don't think he has the mentality to be the "main man".

I think many are expecting Hazard to be an alpha-male type of player like Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Bale, Ibra etc when in reality he's more of the beta type.

He's the type of player that excels when the entire team is playing well, don't think he has the mentality to be the "main man".

He was the main man @Lille for years.

In his last year for Lille he single handedly carried them to CL football.

Yes. We expect Hazard to be better than decent because we consider him being one of the most talented players of his generation. Players like him win games for their team with their high quality performance. If some people are satisfied with a decent performance from him then they dont rate him as high as we do. That's all.

kellzfresh and iceboy like this

Didn't you hear? It's the new trend to whine about Hazard. Can't wait to see the sheep getting all excited when he performs decent again.. oh right he IS performing decent, but anything less than brilliant is unacceptable.

Only Schurrle is allowed to be 'just decent' because he cost a bit less and is our new boy.

This mentality of Schurrle vs Hazard is worse than the over-criticism for Eden...

This mentality of Schurrle vs Hazard is worse than the over-criticism for Eden...

The discussion is about player spots in the team.

They both play for Chelsea, both play AML and both are expensive signings. Comparisons in this case are completely warranted. Especially considering the difference in treatment from our fanbase on here.

If you see that as "Schurrle vs Hazard", so be it.

I like Schurrle btw, just to make that clear.

The discussion is about player spots in the team.

They both play for Chelsea, both play AML and both are expensive signings. Comparisons in this case are completely warranted. Especially considering the difference in treatment from our fanbase on here.

If you see that as "Schurrle vs Hazard", so be it.

I like Schurrle btw, just to make that clear.

But the discussion was never about whether or not Hazard should start or if Schurrle should start ahead of him. In fact, you're the first to mention Schurrle here. The debate was about the level performances that Hazard is putting, especially compared to last season and the level that we expect of Eden. So, personally, I don't see how Schurrle comes into the equation, especially when your post implies that some Chelsea fans are supporting one player more than the other.

Plus, you kinda lose the "we should support Eden instead of slagging him off unnecessarily" when you randomly and unnecessarily slag another Chelsea player off.

Barbara likes this

But the discussion was never about whether or not Hazard should start or if Schurrle should start ahead of him. In fact, you're the first to mention Schurrle here. The debate was about the level performances that Hazard is putting, especially compared to last season and the level that we expect of Eden. So, personally, I don't see how Schurrle comes into the equation, especially when your post implies that some Chelsea fans are supporting one player more than the other.

Plus, you kinda lose the "we should support Eden instead of slagging him off unnecessarily" when you randomly and unnecessarily slag another Chelsea player off.

I'm not slagging of Schurrle am I? I'm saying he has been decent. Probably comparable to Hazards performances, albeit in his own different, energetic kinda way.

I just don't think he's been as good as some are saying.

It was indirectly aimed at Leif's post which Stingray quoted.

Anyway, I don't want to make a fuss, you know what I mean.

neymar ahahaahaa

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2493661/Jose-Mourinho-West-Bromwich-Albion-fixture-unfair-Chelsea.html

Eden Hazard will return to the squad to face West Brom, who are managed by Mourinho’s former assistant Steve Clarke.

The Belgian was dropped for the match against Schalke after failing to report for training on Monday following a day-trip to France for a reunion with his former Lille team-mates.

Sportsmail revealed on Friday the reason behind Hazard’s no-show was that he had lost his passport.

Mourinho said: ‘When you have a game two days later you don’t leave your home or rest period unless you really need to do it for special family reasons.

‘To go to see friends at a game is not a reason to leave that rest period.

‘He didn’t tell me. I found out when I saw him on TV, when they kicked off and he was waving!

‘He went to a foreign country when he shouldn’t have and then lost his passport which meant he couldn’t get back for training. That was unacceptable — but it’s over.

‘I think he reacted well because he apologised to me and to the club. Of course, the apology was not accepted because it was something I couldn’t accept.

‘You have to assume it was a bit of a risk not to select him for the last match, in pure football terms, because he could’ve helped us win an important match.

‘But sometimes as a manager you have to take risks if you feel it has consequences for the group. Every player knows me and knows my reaction.

‘For me the group is always more important than any player. The group principles are more important than even the result. Every player knew I wouldn’t select him.

‘The consequence was for him not to play, which is the worst thing you can to do a player. Case over. He’s a very good kid.’

Barbara and Mufassir08 like this

Hazard needs to get his finger out of his arse. He cannot afford not to play well at this club given the attacking midfielders we have. Its nothing to do with Mourinho's style or formation or more defensive work as EVERYONE is having to do defensive work. Blaming Jose's tactics or the pivot or Jose wanting players to defend is wrong. Hazard has been exceptional in one game; the Bayern game, no more than that.

Mustafa and Leif like this

If this Belgian Messiah can't make use of one of the greatest left backs that will ever be seen in football, what can he do? (that was tongue-in-cheek, don't hurt me)

Except he's not playing like it.. Not blaming Ash for Hazard's underachieving performances, but he isn't helping either

Yes Neymar. He takes over games for club and country and delivers goals.

sorry but for Barcelona he's average

sorry but for Barcelona he's average

first of all , La liga isn't the BPL and Hazard scored 4 goals ( = 6 or 7 in la liga lol) , Neymar ? 3 goals ahahaahahha and his assists : 7 ( in BPL = 3 or 4) and Neymar( or divemar) always dives like a baby then the choice is easy to do

first of all , La liga isn't the BPL and Hazard scored 4 goals ( = 6 or 7 in la liga lol) , Neymar ? 3 goals ahahaahahha and his assists : 7 ( in BPL = 3 or 4) and Neymar( or divemar) always dives like a baby then the choice is easy to do

MOTM vs RM. plus got his team a win in that match. hahahahah... lol... hahahah... lol...

MOTM vs RM. plus got his team a win in that match. hahahahah... lol... hahahah... lol...

it's incredible MOTM VS REAL WAWWWWW He's the BEST EVER WAWWW