Eden Hazard

the wes

Fully deserved. Good ratings for our team this year compared to idiocy last year.

Because unlike Willian he's smart enough to make the most of the space he gets.

Anyway, Belgium with their 4 CB's, targetman & 3 DM's are a dreadful team to watch.

Batshuayi

Hazard KDB Mertens/Januzaj/Mirallas

Witsel Nainggolan

Meh

Courtois

Will never happen under Wilmots

Because unlike Willian he's smart enough to make the most of the space he gets.

Anyway, Belgium with their 4 CB's, targetman & 3 DM's are a dreadful team to watch.

I agree, i can see this Belgium generation doing an England. They have really good players, but i can't see them winning anything, unless they change their group mentality and coach.

I agree, i can see this Belgium generation doing an England. They have really good players, but i can't see them winning anything, unless they change their group mentality and coach.

Yup. Too many individuals and average coach. What you need to win WC or euro is team. Starts with coach, ends with good depth.

Belgium has a bunch of individuals that looks great, but cant realy develop a good team play, average coach who is too pragmatic and finaly, at least now, majority of their players. starting with Hazard, looks like they couldnt give two fucks about the NT.

Credit to him for doing something he rarely does: scoring from open play despite playing badly. His relative inability to do this is what currently separates him from the very highest tier of attacking players. He needs to make it more of a habit like Ronaldo and Neymar have.

Credit to him for doing something he rarely does: scoring from open play despite playing badly. His relative inability to do this is what currently separates him from the very highest tier of attacking players. He needs to make it more of a habit like Ronaldo and Neymar have.

most of Hazards goals are from open play, and no he doesnt need to score more goals to reach the highest tier of attacking players, he is a creator first, no one says Silva has to score more goals to be considered as a top player, but for some reason Hazard has to score 30+ to be a top player.

Batshuayi

Hazard KDB Mertens/Januzaj/Mirallas

Witsel Nainggolan

Meh

Courtois

Will never happen under Wilmots

Batshuayi needs to play definitely. Lukaku, Orgi & Benteke are good players but like Costa for Spain they get exposed when there are no spaces to exploit. Batshuayi has the power of Benteke/Lukaku, pace/technique of Origi & the charisma/personality the other 3 lack. Reminds me of Sturridge.

Ignoring the coaching problem, striker & the lack of proper fullbacks are the biggest problems for me. I'm amazed he hasn't found a solution for it yet. Zero width or outlets & the movement is shocking. Players like KDB & Hazard need runners around them.

I remember hearing about Meunier a few years ago, isn't he regarded as the best fullback Belgium has? Supposedly excellent going forward.